Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noponies

Monday Wednesday

21 posts in this topic

Here we go again! And summer's heating up.

Edited by noponies

Summer what summer?  Once July 4th hits summer is over because it flies by just to dang fast.

Summer goes by to fast, so any heat will be short lived,  especially here up north, but the heat & the moisture has does wonders for our garden.  We just harvested a great crop of weeds, my wife pulled most of them, while I mowed lawn, & used rototiller. PD

I haven't had time to spray the weed yet this summer.  Meaning next year will be an explosion after they have seeded.

Agreed, summer is too dang short. What's so weird is, my kids are 38 and soon to be 36 and I still get down about summer ending. Same feeling as if school was about to start. It shouldn't matter to me what time of year it is, I love everything about Fall but the time change...what is up with that?!!

I love Summer. I noticed all the school supplies in the stores already. Seems like it's too early but school does start next month.

I need to get cleaned up and go to the eye doctor. I'm having blurry vision in one eye. Hope it can be fixed without another eye surgery.

Everyone have a great day!

Funny you mention school supplies.  Was telling my office gal I just might be lazy & order it all online this year.  Found that if wait will August for supplies it is harder to find what you are looking for.

We are always tired in the summer because we try to pack to so much in little time.  Once school starts then we can get on a good routine & life seems to move along a tad better.

Doesn't Shortman like to go with you to shop for school supplies? I always did. I still miss it.

I do it all.  They have to have a required number of certain colored folders.  Its hard to find design designed note books & again there they might list a certain required color.

Heaven forbid if kids can show some personality.

Well today went total different direction.  Went to get gas's for the truck & said gas's went on the ground.  Lucky it was only 1.5 gallons.  The line from where you put in the nozel the pipe plum rusted off.  Took it to the shop & got it rigged till parts come in.

12 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Summer what summer?  Once July 4th hits summer is over because it flies by just to dang fast.

I have always thought that. Once the 4th is over summer kind of feels like it speeds up. And then i have to start planning for winter already lol. I hate winter...

I was planning a trip to michigan adventure today but then my back was really messed up when i got out of bed. No way was i goung to walk that park all day with sciatica. Plus a 2 hour drive there and back. 

My oldest son and I went out for lunch and got some school clothes for his little brother. We went to JC Penny. I always forget that store is still open. 

Edited by TigerLilly

Luckily Shortman has to wear a uniform.  So shopping Walmart.com beats finding a parking spot.

A hike would probably help with your problem but the car ride won't.  Recommend finding something much closer to home

It's been a really nice summer here so far. Been dry for a month. So needed after the crazy amount of endless rain we had over winter and spring. 

Nothing to exciting here today. Getting chores around the house and barn done before I have to head to a meeting at the hospital. 

We had a huge dead oak tree cut down today. I was so happy to see it go. The guys that cut it left all the mess but I'm just so relieved to have it down. We will push it into a pile and have a big bonfire this Winter.

I'm making a Mexican casserole for dinner. It smells good baking.

Everyone have a great evening. Off to read a while.

I have a package of stir fry vegetables that have been steamed. What can I stir fry them in to make them more interesting? I have some chicken thighs.

Thanks, Danyel, but I don't have either of those things. I'm going to cook the chicken in olive oil and then put in the vegetables and look for spices to throw in. My cabinet is pretty bare of things to make a sauce.

I got a call back from a direct care facility. Have to go up to the office to submit paperwork. Hopefully it works out. My availability is so limited that finding a job has been tough. Just wanted something part time from 6pm to 12 or 2am. They said if I am consistently available at that time they could easily find something for me. This would ensure I won't have to spend any money on childcare. I could not imagine spending $80 a day in childcare. 

Edited by TigerLilly

TL. Do hope job situation works out for you, & I can understand where the cost of day care makes it difficult for many mothers to work out.

The sun is out, with temp in low 80s, so should be a nice day. Have a great day one & all. PD

My office gal said that is what her daughter & SIL do.  One works days the other works nights so someone is always home for the kids.