Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urbancowgirl

Orchard Grass Hay For Horses?

14 posts in this topic

Hi

I wanted to get some opinions on feeding orchard grass hay.

What are the pros and cons to feeding it?

Thanks for any replies

Hi

I wanted to get some opinions on feeding orchard grass hay.

What are the pros and cons to feeding it?

Thanks for any replies

My horses get bermuda grass morning and night with their supplements, but I feed orchard for lunch and my horses LOVE it.

When you are buying it make sure it smells good. That might sound weird but orchard is very fragrant when fresh and should smell that way.

My mare loves orchard and my gleding is ok with it, he picks through and gets all the good stuff leaving the stem everywhere. If you have a picky eater I would suggest feeding orchard/alfalfa mixture. Hope that helped!

My horses get bermuda grass morning and night with their supplements, but I feed orchard for lunch and my horses LOVE it.

When you are buying it make sure it smells good. That might sound weird but orchard is very fragrant when fresh and should smell that way.

My mare loves orchard and my gleding is ok with it, he picks through and gets all the good stuff leaving the stem everywhere. If you have a picky eater I would suggest feeding orchard/alfalfa mixture. Hope that helped!

I always feed either straight orchard grass or orchard/timothy mix. My horses love it, though they definetly prefer the straight orchard, as it is much leafier than the timothy. Quality orchard grass does have a great smell to it, and should be soft and dark green.

I always feed either straight orchard grass or orchard/timothy mix. My horses love it, though they definetly prefer the straight orchard, as it is much leafier than the timothy. Quality orchard grass does have a great smell to it, and should be soft and dark green.

My horses love it too! I was feeding an orchard/fescue mix until recently. Unfortunately, all I could get last time was straight fescue. They all pouted for several days after the orchard ran out. When I have a pregnent mare, she gets straight orchard and all of ours have done well on it.

My horses love it too! I was feeding an orchard/fescue mix until recently. Unfortunately, all I could get last time was straight fescue. They all pouted for several days after the orchard ran out. When I have a pregnent mare, she gets straight orchard and all of ours have done well on it.

thanks guys

I've never feed it before and I wanted to get a few opinions before I went and bought a few tons of the stuff.

thanks guys

I've never feed it before and I wanted to get a few opinions before I went and bought a few tons of the stuff.