Quantcast

New Horse Owner With A Few Concerns

Posted by Desirae, 15 July 2012 · 157 views

Hi, I am Desirae,
I am a first time horse owner and I am very concerned about one of my horses.
He is a Quarab, coloring: tobaino or overo, age: 3 or 4 years old.
his name is chip. He is a gelding and he is halter broke. The thing that I am very concerned about is his height he is 10 hands high and won't get any bigger than that. I am not sure of his sire's blood line or even of his dame's blood line. I sure would like some help sheding some light on this very small matter.

Just as a refrence chip was adopted from a horse rescue shelter by a friend of my Dad,
so chip was given to me as a 2012 graduation gift.
So I basically have no Idea what chips history really is. But I am willing to find out because chip is now my responsability and I want to make sure that he gets to experience a colorfull world.
P.S. when chip was adopted from the horse rescue shelter he was the size of a full grown fox!
surprising isn't it?

How do you know he's a Quarab? Maybe he's a Quarter Horse/Welsh Pony cross or something similar, which would account for the small size. Another possibility is that he was stunted by a lack of feed, but I think a pony background is more likely.

How do you know he's a Quarab? Maybe he's a Quarter Horse/Welsh Pony cross or something similar, which would account for the small size. Another possibility is that he was stunted by a lack of feed, but I think a pony background is more likely.

I know he is a quarab because he has the qualitys of a quarab its just his size from a possible breeding mistake