Quantcast

What Is Everyone's Prefered Breed Of Horse And Why?

Posted by Desirae, in Questions worth answering 04 August 2012 · 218 views

This is a question that should be answered honestly.

My Prefered breed would have to be the Morgan,
The reason I choose the Morgan is because I rode a morgan last summer at Rolling Ridge Morgan Farm,
My instructor sensed that there was a special connection between me and one of the horses.
The special bond was between me and Summit Sparkling Rose ( Rosie.) It was horse crazy at first sight.

If you have any special memories about you and a horse, Please Share   :smileywavey:

I once considered the Haflinger as my favorite breed of horse, but since then I experienced Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Morgans, and others. I have found that Thoroughbreds tend to be drawn to me the most, and that may be characteristic of their genes in relation to their mental state. Thoroughbreds are involved in many diverse services, eventing being one and also equine-assisted therapy for people with disabilities. Although Haflingers are used in some therapy programs, the Thoroughbreds have shown themselves to be more willing and less stubborn as well as being more social and people-oriented. But, that's from my experience. I am sure others would be willing to chime in.
From an esthetic standpoint, I like Arabs best. I think they have beautiful heads. From a "great horse" standpoint, the best horse I ever had was a Morab stallion. If I shared all my special memories of him, I'd have to write a book. We were two halves of a whole, and that kind of bond is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, if it happens at all. We were lucky to have each other, and I will always miss him. He was a VERY special horse!
I love Irish Sport Horses. They are athletic and smart but have a good brain. They are wonderful eventers (my favorite sport). The best horse I've ever had (still have him but he's retired due to injury) is an ISH. He can be a little bit quirky but he's very gentle and he and I have a special bond that I've never had with another horse. He's a warmblood without being a "dumb-blood".