The Hip Up For Riding Fit Legs
riding fit legs rider fitness busy equestrian athlete exercises
Short hip flexors can cause lower back pain. Hip up exercise opens up the hips and lengthens the short hip flexors (on the front of the hip), developing excellent hip mobility.
- Lie on your back with your hands out wide with your palms facing up.
- Your back is flat on the ground. Knees are bent and feet slightly apart but also flat.
- Push the top of your back into the ground, while at the same time squeezing your glutes (bum) and push your hips up into the air.
- Ensure the emphasis is on squeezing your bum rather than just lifting your hips.
- Raise up until your shoulders, hips and knees are in line.
- Hold for 2 seconds at the top before and lowering.