Quantcast

Three Simple De-Stress Techniques

Posted by Matt Luxton, in Rider Fitness 01 April 2012 · 150 views

rider fitness horse rider fitness The equestrian athlete core strength for riders core stability for riders
You are stressed out. You are having trouble losing fat from your stomach, bum, legs & arms. Not uncommon. It is more than likely that you have an oestrogen dominance problem. Fat cells in these areas of the body are more receptive to oestrogen, so your body stores more fat in these cells when oestrogen is dominating the sex hormone flowing around your body.

I’ll put this down to three main reasons. There are several, but I don’t want to rewrite the bible today   :happy0203: :  

• Poor liver function
  • Xenoestrogens from toxicity in the diet
  • Poor Sleep

Here are three very simple things you can do to start making sure you address these issues before you wage war with your body:

• Liver - Clean up your diet!
    • Remove; wheat, gluten, sugar, processed food, alcohol and caffeine. This gives your liver a chance to rest recover and start to go back to normal function and produce regular amounts of sex hormone binding globulin.
    • Aim to consume approximately 1 litre of water per 4 stones of body mass, or 1 litre per 50lbs of body mass.
  • Xenoestrogens. – Xenoestrogens are chemically made oestrogens that are found in processed foods.
    • They make us extremely efficient at storing fat!
    • Cruciferous vegetables such as Watercress (the authority), spinach, broccoli, curly kale are awesome.
    • These vegetables basically bind to the toxic estrogens and remove them from the system.
  • Poor sleep. Go to bed earlier and establish a routine.
    • You need 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night between the hours of 10pm-6am.
    • Use adaptogen supplements such as tulsi tea to reduce stress and improve sleep any time after 5pm in the day.
    • I supplement with Magnesium (muscle relaxant) and Zinc. You want ‘-ate’ versions such as citrate, gluconate and so on and so forth.
    • You could also try reading (fiction) and meditation to help with sleep too!

Bye for now! :smileywavey:

Matt

PS: This entry has been culled from my Rider Fitness Blog.

Good advice.

Good advice.

Thanks for leaving a comment! :smilie:

October 2014

S M T W T F S
19 20 2122232425

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users