All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Front Porch

Just a quick Netflix update.. Tried watching The Haunting of Hill House. Booooring. Couldnt get into it. Deleted it. Tried 13 Reasons Why. Again, boooring and fell asleep, twice. Downloaded The Ranch and American Horror Story. Currently watching Heartland and Free Rein. Free Rein is a bit kiddish, but its cute.
  3. The Front Porch

I remember buying my first circular saw. I asked the hardware man to put the blade on. When I got home and read the owner's manual, I found out he put it on backwards! (I miss owner's manuals. I know there are how to videos on YouTube but some of those people might be as clueless as the hardware man.) Heidi, that vet bill is going to be enormous just for the amount of vet wrap and padding!
  4. The Front Porch

Wow! That's a big wrap. Does it bother him to not be able to bend the right front? Hope he heals up fast. Amazing that he jumped into the manger. I guess you need another board on top? It was pretty tall already. Second day after surgery. They removed the gallbladder. It was a chronic infection. I saw the pictures and it was an ugly, sick looking organ. I've had to avoid some foods for over 15 years (thought I was just allergic to them). The last couple of years, the list has grown longer. I never liked fried foods and we don't eat fast food, so I had some uncomfortable stomach episodes, but it took awhile before I had an attack. It was homemade beef stew with soup bones to make the broth and stew meat in the stew. That was high in fat, but tasty! It had leeks, carrots, turnips, and orzo in it, as well as fresh herbs. I took three hours to make it. That got me. Now, I have an entire gastronomical world open to me. The problem is, because I have avoided so many foods, or had a bad experience with them, I still won't want fried or fast foods. Ice cream will be welcome, though. Eventually.
  5. The Front Porch

Ugh, as I was peeling the netting away from his hoof, I kept repeating don't-be-broken over and over in my head. I'm just glad I was there to see it. Had it been a few minutes later, I'd have never found him until after I got home from work and by then it probably would have been too late. QB - that is ADORABLE! I love how rustic it is and I especially love that you made it yourself. For displaying things, if you have room in your home, you could use a 2nd china hutch. When we bought this house we had to buy furniture for the formal dining room (which we didn't have at the other house). We found a dining set to and then husband found a gun cabinet from a private seller and when we went to buy it, they had other furniture in the garage and the china hutch they had was very close in style to the dining set we just bought. At first I thought I'd use it for china overflow, but ended up using it to display our "treasures", which are special to us, but probably 'junk' to other people. It has crystal bowls and vases, a fine tea set, our wedding cake topper, two Breyer memorial horses, the cotton rope my Shepherd-wolf played with, a hay-hook from my mentor horseman, things from foreign countries from our nephew when he was in the Army and a couple framed photos of special people.
  6. The Front Porch

Jubal, pack your house like you are going to move. You would be amazed at how much stuff you've got that doesn't get used. I'm sorry but God intended for minis to look prego regardless of breed or sex.
  7. The Front Porch

Its amazing the things you can do when you have the right tools to do it with. I love my circular saw. These 3 glasses are the ones I use. I have others in the cabinet that are from wineries/vineyards that I dont use because I dont want them to break. I need to find a better way to display them though.
  8. The Front Porch

Horses can think of the strangest ways to hurt themselves. I'm glad it wasn't worse, Heidi. Queen, you're right handy! I wish I could give you all the wine glasses taking up space in my cabinet. I don't even drink wine!
  9. The Front Porch

Heidi, what a crazy afternoon. Glad your boy is going to be ok. QB your project turned out great.
  10. Yesterday
  11. @The_diesel_dave I'm watching the diesel bike build and laughed my *** off on your commercial video.. "coolest **** ever" lol lol

12. The Front Porch

So, heres my little project. Got tired of having all my coffee cups and all of my wine glasses taking up space in the cabinet. (Oh, who am I kidding, I just made room for more wine glasses, lol.) I just had this idea and the landlord had some pallets laying around. I bought myself a drill and a circular saw and made it happen. I ordered the hooks from Amazon and had one of the maintenance guys hang it up for me. I love love love it.
  13. The Front Porch

Whew lord jesus, I think you both are pretty lucky!
  14. The Front Porch

Some major ouch there. Poor guy,
  15. The Front Porch

So, I had an equine emergency with Ever today because Chrome was his usual jerk self. I turned Ever out into the corral and he stayed in the run-in shed to eat hay, didn't think anything of it and was going back to the house. Chrome came in and my guess is Ever felt he had no escape except to jump in the manger - with half a round bale in a hay net! I turned back when I heard the scrambling hooves and saw Ever IN the manger on top of the hay, struggling with his hooves. I was loudly shouting Whoa! in hopes of getting him to stop moving but as I came in, he turned himself on top of the hay and tried to jump out. With a hoof twisted in the bale net. He rotated over the manger rail and whomped on the floor on his left side, right front hoof over the top edge of the manger and twisted in the net. I grabbed the box knife and sliced through both ropes of the bale net to release the tension and then used my hands to peel the netting off his hoof. When I freed his hoof, his chest was still against the manger with his left foreleg folded against it so I grabbed a rope to go in and try to pull his head away, or flip him over, so he could get up but before I could climb out of the manger he got himself standing. I separated the horses and went to the house for my husband to help me assess the injuries. The biggest injury on the side of his right cannon looked like I could see bone and we decided to call the vet. Countryside arrived in less than 25 minutes from the time of injury. Dr Smith was pleased to see him using all four legs and the wounds were mainly just scrapes. NO stitches needed! She said it didn’t go through all layers and we could just wrap and keep clean and fly free to heal. She wants me to keep the huge blue wrap on for 3 days and then I can go to a smaller wrap. She left Uniprim to prevent infection and Bute to help with pain and any swelling.
  16. The Front Porch

littlecow this is my landlords mini donkey Abby. Last year we went back and forth on if she was pregnant or not. Turned out not.
  17. Check in.

Hi qhridinGA. Don't be a stranger. We are few but interested.
  18. Hey everyone

Sounds like a busy year so far. Congrats on your graduation!
  19. Texas People #6

That's painful to look at! I can't imagine. I guess you can always play the "it could have been worse" scenario. It could have been something that couldn't be pinned (like his brain.) I'm sorry for him but men...
  20. RT @nsilverberg: my favorite part about every all-women text thread I'm on is that we're always having four different convos at once and no…

21. Last week
  22. The Front Porch

Hmmm....could possibly end up with a little mule. Been a busy day. I treated my housekeeper with a Stroopwafel McFlurry this afternoon. Intended on getting a slushie but for some reason the new flurry looked yummy. We enjoyed it & it had good flavor.
  23. Texas People #6

That’s what this mama was thinking. If I had been out there I would have said oh he!! no you ain’t doin that! He said a little voice told him don’t do it and he ignored it. What a way to turn 40. The orthopedic PA put it into perspective, said he loves his job because most of the people he treats were living life to the fullest. There are 2 videos of the wreck from two different angles. I can’t bring myself to watch them yet.
  24. Texas People #6

Kid with hands on hips telling Dad "why you do dumb things?"
  25. Texas People #6

*shudders* and yells: Aaaaauuuuuuurgh! That looks painful, though it appears he will heal well. I'm sorry it is going to take the time it takes for him to get back to 100%. I'm sure that's worrisome and frustrating.
  26. The Front Porch

Man, I don't like that being in your backyard because it seems you'll be dealing (trying to help) with the fallout. I like your approach and wish you great success.
  27. Texas People #6

It’s been an interesting week. Had our sons BD party on Saturday. He brought his mini bike, everyone rode it and then as men will do, they decided to make a ramp. Son landed wrong, broke his tibia in 2 places. He’s had 3 surgeries in 3 1/2 days. The calf muscle spasms and swelling were so bad they had to do an emergency fasciotomy to prevent nerve damage to the lower leg, warning us skin grafts might be needed to close it at a later date. Second surgery was to close the fasciotomy which was a success without grafts and yesterday they plated and pinned the head of the tibia and removed the external fixation hardware. He comes home here with us tomorrow and cannot bend the leg for 2 wks. then goes back to remove sutures and get orders for rehab. He’ll be out of work at least 3 mo. That’s going to devastate him financially. I feel certain they will hold his job though but being he has to climb ladders on oil tanks for readings, I don’t know how he can possibly fulfill his duties for a while. He’s kicking himself for not taking the supervisor position he was offered, he’d be better off when he went back to work. This is so much harder than Paul’s ordeal, he’s my baby, I want so badly to take his place and bear the pain and hard times ahead.
  28. The Front Porch

LC good luck with helping the neighbors.
  1. Load more activity