All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Front Porch

^^^Cute!
  3. The Front Porch

Alright if you need something to give you a warmth to your heart & a smile check out this link. http://justsomething.co/heartwarming-photo-series-shows-huge-dogs-playing-with-their-tiny-toddler-friends/
  4. The Front Porch

Jubal, at one store did see small sculptures that were made out of scrap that we cool. That museum would have been really really cool to see. Been watching the parade of vehicles from the living room since about 5pm. It has been not stop since & probably won't stop till midnight. Anybody doing something fun this weekend? If you count cleaning rooms & doing laundry fun then thats me.
  5. Yesterday
  6. The Front Porch

RRW, I think you missed this place. http://justsomething.co/artist-transform-old-farm-equipment-into-incredibly-detailed-animal-sculptures-and-these-are-some-of-his-best-creations/?fbclid=IwAR2lRZBYvPU3DK4qXvFyxVNGRQKbRRZx7yzCPDFoVM0M4EEM4SuPkEHYS10
  7. The Front Porch

Lmao, he doesn't know how! I can see it now, a craigslist ad for minis who've had no vetting, no training (other than the ones the girls have worked with), no papers, not gelded...for $400. He wouldn't even know what end to put the halter on lol. In reality, he'll probably just let them run wild and become feral like the ones he had when I first came there.
  8. The Front Porch

Do you think he will sell them?
  9. The Front Porch

I will surely miss those little turds. All thier sweet little faces lined up at the gate yesterday made me teary.
  10. Texas People #6

Will he let you soak it in a bucket of warm water and epsom salt to loosen the scab? I’ve always scrubbed wounds to debride and get it to bleed.
  11. Havent Been Here In Years

Hello, Jersey!
  12. The Front Porch

Sounds like a perfect fit for the two of you. U am really happy for you. However personally knowing the clowns & love muffins minis are my heart just breaks knowing they will not have your big heart. However if the landlord sells we know they are tuff little bugger's that warm up fast to loving people.
  13. The Front Porch

You and I were typing at the same time lol. The lady that offered me a spot actually works at the same hospital I do. She works upstairs in same day surgery. She and her husband ride pretty regularly, team penning, roping, trails, fun shows...everything Ive been missing honestly. I think moving will be good and Ill actually get to ride Sonic the way and as often as Id like. Their place is 3 minutes from where I am now. She says no hurry, they arent advertising for boarding. I messaged her today and let her know I was getting the 5 way shot for him and just needed to get a rabies. I packed some stuff up at the barn today and will bring home more stuff soon.
  14. The Front Porch

On a positive note, guess what yall?! Mr. Butters is looking much improved! Ill have to take some pictures for you all. Hopefully I can find him a nice cushy home. Cross your fingers for me. I think I have really decided to move Sonic, and try my best to rehome the other 2. The landlord has still not said 2 words to me but has apparently told his secretary that hes not moving the 4H cows. Apparently hes also told her that hes going to make sure he has insurance in case someone gets hurt down there. I told her no need to check on my behalf. Im outta there. She says "well what about the minis"? I laughed and told her theyre not my problem. Her eyes got big and she said that he has no idea how much I do down there. I told her that he probably doesnt, but hes about to find out.
  15. The Front Porch

QB when do you move Sonic to the new boarding facility? Sure hope you will enjoy your time there & be able to have ride/bonding time with Sonic.
  16. Havent Been Here In Years

Nice to see you Jersey. Social media has really changed how forums are working. Been here myself for many years & don't do social media myself. HC has always been a great place to be with fantastic people who make it a home.
  17. The Front Porch

Thanks Magic.
  18. #AmberAlert https://t.co/BRilRfTAL4

19. Last week
  20. Havent Been Here In Years

I haven't logged into HC for more than a few years. Wow, lots of new folks, lots of folks gone. I see some familiar names. I guess Facebook and other social media mediums have lured everyone elsewhere. At any rate, if anyone remembers me, I am still kickin and still have my 2 standardbred. Just thought I'd pop in and say hey! Gonna read some more posts and see what alls been going on.
  21. The Front Porch

QB - so sorry that this has happened, Heidi and others have given good advice. Thinking of you!
  22. RT @greglaurie: I recently conducted a fairly lengthy interview with Rock Icon, Alice Cooper. In this short clip, Alice talks about how his…

23. The Front Porch

We have a engineer on staff.
  24. The Front Porch

QB, (((hugs))). Who drove the train? I must admit, my imagination has your husband starting the train out, getting up to speed, putting auto-pilot on, walking back through empty cars to the First Class dining car and having dinner with his family as the train chugs merrily along. When dinner is done, he goes back to the engine car, so he can bring the train home and the family outing for dinner is over.
  25. The Front Porch

You all are right. Thank you. Ill be ok. It might take a little time for my brain to quiet down, but Ill be ok. The hard part right now is other friends on Facebook have posted his obituary and are shocked. There is no cause of death listed for the public. (I got my info from one of his cousins, who happens to be the "mom" of the high risk teen girl I was mentoring) And everyone is talking about what a great guy he was. On a different subject, Im headed to Tractor Supply to grab vaccines for Sonic so he can be up to date for boarding.
  26. The Front Porch

Everything Heidi and Little Cow said. I would just add, please see a psychologist, if only to stop the "what ifs" from becoming permanent. And thoughts of suicide don't just surface spontaneously. He had entertained those thoughts for years. You can only feel sorry he wasn't a strong enough person to get help long ago.
  27. The Front Porch

QB, I'm very sorry you are in this position. Heidi said it well. It isn't one incident or one event that causes suicide. It's a very long decline within a troubled person. The battle is won or lost within.
  28. The Front Porch

QB, I don't stop in here much any more, No advice for you, as Heidi, gave good advice, as her words are always wise. Just want to wish you the best, as you move forward, from this experience. You are a giver & caring person. So Take Care & God Bless. PD
  1. Load more activity