All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Active Members

::::WAVES::::: Hi! I'm kind of active. But, then I also feel like the third wheel in your bigger threads here so then I disappear. But - yeah, hi!
  3. The Front Porch

Joys of this time of year. Have only till mid Oct to get things cleaned up for the winter. The weather can change for us really fast & ugly in Oct. Did get all but one flower pot cleaned out, tomato plants still have to get cleaned out & the garage needs to be purged. If don't get the garage done will have no place to put anything. As of Oct 1 the RV park will be permanently closed so need to figure what picnic tables to keep & what ones to donate. It is always something & the more we do the more work we find. Have a great morning.
  4. The Front Porch

RRW, that sounds nice. We had a big bay tree come down on the back fence. Got it patched, but it will need a little more work. I'm almost recovered so it's back to fencing chores. I need to build an electric fence to divide the big pasture in half. That way, the horses can be out on one side and the cows on the other and horses don't eat the cow feed. It will be a busy weeks. Got some supplies today. I'll mark out the fenceline tomorrow and drop the wooden posts every 40 feet. We're using t posts for the stretches between the wooden posts, so I'll drive those in as well. I have the clips for the hotwire. It's heavy gage, so Mr. LC gets to bend it through this weekend. Got the caps for the tops of the t posts. The charger should be here Wednesday. LJ's sheep should lamb next month and we have to finish their second pasture to separate the ram once the lambs arrive. And, I have to prepare my winter garden site. It will slow down some day.
  5. Yesterday
  6. The Front Porch

Almost sounded like you were going to have to change your road name to Mule Way. Had a very nice day off. Temps hit 80 & got the afternoon to mow at the farm, making for a very enjoyable time.
  7. The Front Porch

Whew! Sounds as if it will all work out.
  8. Last week
  9. The Front Porch

Remember the neighbor that had a donkey and a mare that they thought were breeding? They were newbies and another neighbor, a horse breeder, had talked them into it. Well, the whole story is much more innocent. The newbie neighbors picked up a small standard stud donkey, unknowingly, and the breeder neighbor was worried about him getting out of a weak fence and breeding her mares, so she found them a pony mare to keep him company. I went over to help today and the mare is 25. Probably not bred. She had a few minor issues, but was a rescue and they have a beautiful pasture for them. They also have older grandchildren that are interested in giving attention to the mare and donkey. I gave them some pointers and the name of a vet to give them an exam and castrate the donkey. I gave them some supplies and will continue to help them get the animals more comfy. They are getting their hooves trimmed, which is good. With only a little work, this is going to be a great situation for all of them.
  10. The Front Porch

But you were so good about being an adult & responsible. Now it is time to let that big kid have a little something.
  11. The Front Porch

I'd still need someone to do it. And either one would require a certain amount of skill to keep from damaging the horse. Besides, I just spent a big chunk of money replacing HVAC ducts. I need to channel my adult self.
  12. The Front Porch

Agree with NP. Have seen the horses mounted on a base. Heck ask to purchase the base it is already on. Jubal, seem handymen are good at having the money put in their hand but not a hammer. We are far from redoing the business car. Told hubby when we get to the point of starting the project will have to take photos along the way & have a friend write a story. Then submit it to Better Homes & Garden as a spread piece. It would definitely be a different remodel project.
  13. The Front Porch

Why not mount the pole in a solid, but moveable base? I've seen that done, actually.
  14. The Front Porch

RRW it's all for sale. Ask for a price. They're nice people. The owner was an orphan and when he became an adult, he started buying all the things he didn't have as a kid. He has one room where nothing's for sale. It's where all his favorite things are. He's only selling because he has cancer. His daughter who helps at the business, also has cancer. Talk about bad luck. If I knew someone I could trust to install a pole for it, I would buy the horse. But good handymen are a rare commodity around here.
  15. The Front Porch

LC, the joys of school once again starting back up. We all get sick in some form or fashion. When working in the nursing homes generally 2 weeks after school started residents would get sick.
  16. The Front Porch

Oh boy. Strep throat. Good times. The animals are doing well and the boy is coping well with sixth grade. Counting blessings....
  17. The Front Porch

LC, sure hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself. Jubal, what a shame about the antique shop. There are some beautiful items & seen some chandeliers that would be perfect for my business car. Oh just splurge on yourself & get the horse. You don't have to feed it only dust it.
  18. The Front Porch

Fawnsmom! You have a B E A U T I F U L horse!
  19. Active Members

I don't bounce like I used to! HAHAHA
  20. The Front Porch

LC, Do hope you can get some rest, & feel better later in the AM. Take care & God Bless, PD
  21. The Front Porch

Middle of the might. Bad cold with swollen throat. Can't breath well, so I'm up. Sucks to be me.
  22. The Front Porch

Went to this antique store today. It's the second largest in the country. It's a local landmark but the owner has cancer and has to close it. What a loss! A developer has bought the property and will tear down the very old building to build condos. I considered buying a merry-go-round horse but then realized I wouldn't be able to ride it, so no go. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x886972c69de4373b%3A0x43c14b90e8970e97!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP2dljmT_QNhNUNlfeIMayabGh7EkC08h44Lv_Q%3Dw120-h160-k-no!5sjoe ley antiques louisville ky - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPKr_dmlr8mex9-dc82uTkjKEEbq0__e8PNLbHU&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjI4JP6uszkAhVLRqwKHc4UDZ8QoiowE3oECAsQBg
  23. The Front Porch

Here, however been getting my butt handed to me. Housekeeper not able to work for the week. So needless to say have no time to stop when there are 12 rooms to turn over b4 3pm. Luckily my hubby comes in & vacs the rooms for me to be of some help.
  24. The Front Porch

Knock Knock Anyone home??
  25. Austin Just Gave Texas Law the Finger and Voted to Fund Abortion Access https://t.co/AIcE7ShXAd via @vice

26. RT @CeciliaGPhoto: Bob Baffert and the American Pharoah-Bullville Belle yearling colt (hip 282) that he bought today at Keeneland. #KeeSep…

27. Earlier
  28. The Front Porch

How can a perfectly good day go in the dump in less than an hour? That would be my afternoon. A room not turned over Guests letting Odie out & not bothering to put him back in. Found him running at the fairgrounds on the other side of the fence. Can't forget the stink eye for not getting checked in RIGHT at 3pm ( because I was tethering Odie from the opposite side of the fence) Think it is time to make a fresh pot of coffee. Could thing of many more beverages that are stronger but the coffee will be better.
  29. Dominance in Herd

LOL, you guys! He's a Peruvian Horse, beautifully gaited and smooth.
  1. Load more activity