All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Front Porch

The Acro-Cats were near me last summer and I couldn't get off work to go to their show, I was so bummed!
  3. Yesterday
  4. The Front Porch

Oh yes, I thought of that one, too. That is hilarious! I love the balls of yarn and the guy trying to get cat hair off.
  5. The Front Porch

Oh just wanted to give you all a heads up. Sunday me & the family are taking you on an adventure. Pack your passport as we are crossing the boarder. Time to stock up on some of our favorite cookies.
  6. The Front Porch

Magic, you reminded me of an absolutely favorite commercial.
  7. The Front Porch

Loved that video - one of my favorite expressions when things get hard to organize, etc... is that it is like 'herding cats' - kind of like that video!
  8. The Front Porch

Yeah, not something I would pay for. There was another video of two Eastern European women and their cats, but it was somehow sinister as well. I guess humans that want shortcuts will find a way to abuse. We all know true human animal partnership when we see it. Whether it's between dogs and families or a horse doing a performance where you can see how much they enjoy their job. No shortcuts, no gimmicks, bullhooks, or whips. That's worth paying to see.
  9. The Front Porch

OMG!!!! When we were in the Keys there was a street performer with trained cats(cats were well trained). The guy was beyond scary. Yelling in french thinking he was being funny or not (freaky scary) then sniffing the butts of his beloved cats. It is vision that is burned into your memory that one can't wash away not matter how strong the bleach is.
  10. The Front Porch

Oh my! I was laughing so hard at this. It looks like they use treats rather than punishment. I'd rather pay for that, even if it isn't a perfect performance.
  11. The Front Porch

Ugh. One of the bad, little circuses is coming to town. One with elephants and tigers and a bad reputation for abuse. Oh goody. It's funny. People love cat pictures and seeing cats do silly things. Why couldn't someone be smart enough to treat train a small group of house cats and do a show? When not performing they could sleep on your bed. I think that would be worth seeing. You can treat train kitties. And if you're too sharp with them, they'll probably just ignore you, sit on the floor, and lick their butts.
  12. Last week
  13. The Front Porch

I think I would just remove the couch for a while.
  14. The Front Porch

LC, we have had a number of so called rescues like that in our area. One had charges filed with claims of horse theft (rescue) from neighboring county. Don't believe it went anywhere. Our county humane society had a mess to clean up with a local advocating for helping dogs that needed major surgery or they would be put down. She passed it off like she were a rescue, some in the community thought it was the humane society & were getting $$ to help animals that were not in their care. Just another way to scam if you ask me.
  15. The Front Porch

She still gets the same amount of attention she was getting before Benny. She still sleeps with me at night all snuggled up tight. Neither of them have been to the farm in a good while because its just been too hot. When I do take them I take them together to avoid coming back home to a pee pee couch. BUT, she was doing this before Benny came.
  16. The Front Porch

Have you tried giving her lots of extra attention when you're home? She may feel jealous of the other dog that gets to go with you to the farm.
  17. The Front Porch

(Wheres that little icon with the head banging on the brick wall? Lol, thats what I feel like) Any chance that once she pees on herself a few times and has to have a bath (which she dislikes), that she'll stop this nonsense?? Maybe?
  18. The Front Porch

Most certainly.
  19. The Front Porch

Aww, what POS. People disgust me sometimes. I bet youll find one at an auction. Theres plenty around here for sure. Sometimes Im glad I dont own my own land lol.
  20. The Front Porch

Actually Im off for the next few days and Im sure its going to be too hot to even enjoy the outside, so Ill be inside. Ive already googled dog diaper pattern and may crochet one up and line it with a dish towel or something just to try, maybe get her used to wearing one. I do wonder though...will she still pee and Ill have a dog to bathe when I get home? Ugh.
  21. The Front Porch

I rescued a goat from an auction unintentionally back in college. I was there as a requirement for an Animal Science class. After the auction, a man was loading up one group of goats. The littlest one was very weak. I remembered seeing her lay down every few steps when they ran them through. Well, as soon as they ran the goats into his truck, he reached over, picked the little one up under her jaw, and chucked her right out onto the driveway, with everyone backing the trucks and trailers. If she was there too long, someone would run her over. She just laid there with her feet under her. I was leaving and saw the whole thing. When I stopped traffic to pick her up, the man that threw her told me to pay him $14!! What a POS! Anyway, I wrote him a check that I knew wouldn't go through (I was a college kid and didn't have any cash anyway). I worked for a large animal vet who helped me get her sorted out. Turned out to be a lovely Toggenburg baby. Stunted for life because of mistreatment, but she was awesome. Our prof teased me about taking the assignment of attending an auction too personally. Not sure if lightning will strike twice and I will find another goat buddy at an auction, but I will try.
  22. The Front Porch

I have never understood that either!
  23. The Front Porch

Lol!
  24. The Front Porch

I think I have a new pet peeve. It seems like so many large animal rescues are no longer rescuing. They are "sanctuaries". You can 'adopt' an animal and get a picture but they don't want to find homes for their animals. They don't want to bring in new rescues. What the heck? If I'm going to give money to a rescue, they need to be actively rescuing. Otherwise, why should I pay for someone else to have pets? Heck, a bunch of our animals have sad stories. If I had a fancy website, maybe someone would pay my farm costs, lol! Except, that would be dishonest, so not an option for us. I am disappointed in the rescues in my area. We were looking to get a rescue goat to keep Nancy goat company. She was doing great with her donkey pal, but baby donkey prefers the horses, now that she's all grown up. Poor Nancy goat is pouting. We might have to head to an auction to help a goat. All the auction yard goats go to slaughter here. I hope they will have a nice one sold as a single. They usually have groups all sold together. I have a quarantine spot and the deworming and vaccines. Plus, a good vet. I am disappointed in rescues in my area.
  25. The Front Porch

I tell her all the time that shes very lucky that I love her. Like I said before, she is perfect in every way except this one issue.
  26. The Front Porch

Im buying the cloth ones when I get paid Thursday. Hopefully she cant shred those. Left work early today cause the census was low and my sciatica nerve wants to be a pain today, so I didnt get those diapers from my friend/coworker to try. Oh well.
  27. The Front Porch

Lol! Dogs can be aggravating sometimes. I am surprised at your patience. I couldn't put up with a dog peeing on the couch. That would quickly become an outside dog.
  1. Load more activity