All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Front Porch

Oh I bring up "What are you going to do when he's 16" Hubby doesn't get it. Fingers crossed it is sugar & pie, but when personalities are to alike it will probably be fireworks.
  3. Yesterday
  4. The Front Porch

Oh yes. I think some days I spend half my time yelling at LJ. He gets distracted so easily. Nothing wrong with him. He's just ten. I send him off to do something and he gives me a blank look when I find him wandering about looking at a bug, lol! Oh, these are the sweet days though. No puberty, yet.
  5. The Front Porch

Chesapeake.
  6. The Front Porch

QB so long as the horse is a trooper there is no point in over correcting what she is doing. At least that is what I'd do. LC the past 4 months it has been about the hair. Can also see how he is trying to be cool with body language. However the hearing is worse as there is more yelling to get things done. Yesterday it was beautiful out. We worked like crazy to get outdoor clean up done as Mich as possible. Got a good chunk done & good thing since it has been pouring rain since early morning. S
  7. The Front Porch

Im in Virginia. Curious as to where your horses gravesite/old farm is.
  8. The Front Porch

Yes! Shes such a natural too. I was considering selling Margarita a few months ago. Shes sassy with Zoey and Zoey isnt even interested at all anymore in horses. I figured maybe Margarita would be too sassy for beginners but yet had some show experience under her belt, her kid was no longer interested, and shes not Zarinnas favorite, so it was the right time to sell her. Buuut, Im so glad I didnt. Given all the horses to work with, Lyric picks Margarita, and I think Margarita likes Lyric. I havent seen any sassyness and when that picture was taken Margarita had fallen asleep while Lyric brushed her. I think theyre a good fit. Lyric will be showing Margarita in trail obstacles next Saturday.
  9. The Front Porch

RRW, I hear you loud and clear on the school thing. It's the age, I think. I sub many grades and the most drama is always in the 4th and 5th grade classrooms. It changes a bit in the middle grades '(6th, 7th, and 8th) because the boys start to realize that girls are kinda cute, lol! Teasing between boys and girls goes up and the dislike between certain boys intensifies, but they all seem to settle down a bit in other ways. There is more obvious 'showing off'' by boys. LJ is finishing up 5th and he is DONE, lol! I love how dramatic ten year olds can be. Queen, looks like a good kid. Keep her away from the boys as long as possible, lol!
  10. Last week
  11. The Front Porch

It is a great thing to be able to work with someone so willing to learn, isnt it?
  12. The Front Porch

I just want to say that this little girl blows me away everytime she comes to the farm. She needs no prompting or suggesting. I look over, and this is what I see her doing. Yep, I know she doesnt have Margarita tied correctly and Im aware she isnt picking her hoof totally properly, but just the initiative she takes to DO IT blows me away.
  13. The Front Porch

LC sire was nice of your neighbor to help you out. We have four vehicles waiting at the shop to get fixed. To little time & not enough help where we take our stuff. Won't go to another garage as this one does good work. Boy it will be nice to have school done. The battles are getting old. Time of year for being active & outside are here.
  14. The Front Porch

Our tractor is fixed! It still needs some work to get the scoop fixed, but I was able to mow the pasture yesterday. We were looking for someone local who could fix it, but the people that were recommended were too busy. Finally, this neighbor who always brings his little girl down the road to visit our donkey turns out to be a small engine repair person. I am always nice to people who bring their kids by. Our animals love kids. When I mentioned the tractor, he left and came back with his tool bag to help us out. He'll be back to fix the scoop after he orders parts. Very reasonable, too. We don't have a trailer big enough to haul our tractor, so it helps us a lot. One less worry. Now, if I could just sell these two cows, we'd have a good stocking rate for our pastures.
  15. The Front Porch

Sounds like he is just trying to find easy $$. Been a busy shopping day. Bought lawn care items so have to get busy put ng together then weed & feed.
  16. Happy Mothers Day One & all

Pink even if f you have no children you are still mothering someone.
  17. Happy Mothers Day One & all

Hi Pink, You are a special young lady in my eyes, as you have a kind & caring nature, Things are looking up, hope your mom is doing wel. Take Care My friend, PD,
  18. Happy Mothers Day One & all

Hi PD - not a Mom, unless Fur-Mom counts...just wanted to say hey. Hope all is well!
  19. The Front Porch

He is not one to do that with. He changes his mind and tries to control us, if we owe him money. We had to just back way off and say we couldn't afford it. If we can save enough, we would buy it outright.
  20. The Front Porch

LC, could you arrange to pay your dad a small amount periodically? You could then have it under contract and avoid having it developed.
  21. The Front Porch

Thanks, Heidi. I made a stupid mistake on our new farm. I asked my dad to buy the three acres next door to keep it from being developed. We asked if we could buy it back from him later. It was a big thing to ask, but he offered to help. Now, all he's been doing is scheming on how to develop it. It doesn't cost very much, but it's more than we have right now.
  22. The Front Porch

LC, I'm so sorry. (((hugs))) RRW, my fave pic is shortman on the jackalope and that wooden car really is beautiful. Toothpicks if you crash it, though!
  23. RT @TheHorseNRider: #VOICESAVEANDREW

24. The Front Porch

They're building a four lane highway over my first horse's gravesite. It's on the first farm I owned, back in Virginia. I thought I would always live there, but I got married and sold it. My own dad, who owns a small property next door, was the one that pushed for development. He has been asking the planning commission to develop his land for years. He doesn't need the money. It's just plain greed. I expressed my dismay, but fat lot of good that will do now. He just didn't think. I have her tail, but it sickens me thinking about those big trucks pushing up her bones and carting them away.
  25. The Front Porch

OK so we made a drive by tourist trap. Corn Palace in Mitchell. Believe we are done but hubby is driving so we will see.
  26. The Front Porch

Yay, Wall Drugs! I bought some oversized postcards there with facsimile western news papers on the front. I framed them and they hung in my kitchen for years. I'd forgotten I still have them.
  27. The Front Porch

So I lied. We stopped to the massive museum in Murdo. At this rate we will never make it home. Hubby always wanted at wood boat. Now he found a new dream, wood car.
  28. The Front Porch

OK last big stop of the what feels like a never ending road trip. Wall Drug. Didn't get a free water or 5 cent coffee. Instead found a new sheep skin for my chair. Shortman is trooper putting up with silly pics.
  1. Load more activity