All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. The Front Porch

Clematis wouldn't work as the signal is on a rock bed. Need to be potted plant.
  3. The Front Porch

Yes. Sort of petunia on a vine. They would be annuals in your area but they grow fast from seed. A perennial vine would be clematis.
  4. The Front Porch

Jubal would never have thought of morning glories. They have the trumpet like flower? Crazy that your plants are done blooming.
  5. The Front Porch

Forgot these. Sorry, lousy photo.
  6. Yesterday
  7. The Front Porch

Maybe morning glories for vining? I don't have anything blooming right now. Daylilies are just getting ready and they're the only thing left. Everything bloomed early this year. And the spiderwort will bloom for awhile yet but they only open in the morning. I do have a green tomato almost tennis ball size. It just might be red for the Fourth!
  8. The Front Porch

Flower pots are done. Fingers crossed they fill out nice this year. Also found a pail that fit in the crossing signal. Should have planted wavy petunias but I was to cheap to pay the price. Hubby suggested planting something that would vine. Only thing can think of are sweet peas & they usually grow good from seed. Guess will have to bring the old galvanized water tank in from the farm next spring. Please share pics of your flowers
  9. We had a little photo shoot....

He must be very smart. My horse used to longe at liberty, but only until he got bored. Then he was off to graze, LOL.
  10. We had a little photo shoot....

Not enough! He's done about 12 trick lessons this year so far - I tend not to do any trick training with him outside of public lessons as I use him as my starter horse to show how you start teaching each trick. He does the start of bowing, jambette and lying down but it's only a few minutes he does each time on each - however he'll soon be doing them I think!
  11. We had a little photo shoot....

I love that little horse! How long do you work with him in a week's time?
  12. We had a little photo shoot....

Yeah.... He has a lot of new people on him doing trick lessons, so it's incredibly important to me his specific cues are on point all the time. Solo is also coming on nicely! We have quite a few evening demos and camps we've been invited to - I haven't taken Solo out for these yet only Sparks, but Solo feels ready enough to start doing some training demos now so he has his first one next week at a large equestrian centre not too far away! Fingers crossed he's good, though his job in my sessions is to be the green, 'unedited' training horse so there's no real stress on him. VID_20610807_221701_656.mp4 VID_20610806_170923_844.mp4 VID_20610804_181206_865.mp4 VID_20610809_034737_906.mp4
  13. The Front Porch

Strawberry Fields Forever!
  14. The Front Porch

She just wants to be liberated & burn the udder bra.
  15. The Front Porch

Sometimes the little things can brighten our day. Our cow still has her bra on this morning. She got it off a week ago and I left it off to see how she would do. She chaffed herself again. I got it back on last night and hoped it would stay on. She is healing up already. Looks funny, but it's working. I put an updated picture on my blog. https://moonlitoaksranch.blogspot.com/
  16. The Front Porch

Well I found a pleasant surprise this evening. There is a field behind the neighbor business & adjacent to us that doesn't get mowed. So figured that being the ticks are thick this year & thats where the dogs go do their morning business it wouldn't hurt to cut down the grass. In the process I found a big strawberry patch. Oh what fun so mowed around that. Then also found some batches of milkweed, thought it would be nice to leave them for the monarch butterflies.
  17. Last week
  18. The Front Porch

Thank guys. You are truly one of the best support systems during the downward moments of the roller coaster of life.
  19. Texas People #6

Yes it is!! We had to cancel our Michigan trip for this week. The dealership is so busy they couldn’t guarantee the make ready would be done this week. Next week won’t give us time to go and come back before we leave for Cali on the 1st. So, choices..have them deliver it second week in July or we go get it after Jason and Traces party on the 13th least that way we could use it coming back. All depends on how we feel I suppose. Grandson landed an entry level job here in town at a machine shop. Pretty sure he’ll end up moving here to his dads which is 6 mi out of town, the commute from our daughters is 25 mi. and he starts at 6:30 am. His mom will not have an easy time with that, she’s kind of clingy. I was never that way with them, long as they met curfew I let em go! He’ll enjoy the 1 mi commute when he house sits for us in July. Lots of rain Sunday, we needed it but our cool weather has left us.
  20. Happy Father's Day

Hey - late to the party......AGAIN. Happy Father's Day, PD!!
  21. The Front Porch

I'm so sorry, RRW. I hope your situation improves. Prayers and hugs for you.
  22. The Front Porch

RRW, We've met several times in past years, I know you are a giving lady, & one I'm proud to know. We all have hearts that break at times, & need the support of others, no shame in it, just part of being human. Just know we care, & you have been there for others many other times. Best Wishes. PD
  23. The Front Porch

RRW, there are times you need the support of friends, even if they're only cyber friends. You don't have to put on a brave face here.
  24. The Front Porch

Thanks Nopoinies. Hate bringing up troubles here, always try to be upbeat as I know some have bigger troubles.
  25. The Front Porch

I suspect we are ALL sorry for your troubles, lady.
  26. The Front Porch

LC, thank you & shouldn't to be sorry for my troubles. Life has taken a road that really don't want to take & it is heartbreaking. Due to circumstances my office is cleaned out at the depot. Really hard to not pack & cry at the same time, told my staffer to go back in her office so as that she won't cry by not looking at me.
  27. The Front Porch

RRW, I hope you are okay. I'm sorry for your troubles. Queen, I hope your boarding situation remains peaceful. Thanks for the words of sympathy. We will miss our Morgan princess.
  28. Happy Father's Day

RRW & jubal, thanks for thinking of us Dads on Fathers Day. Very nice to be remembered. Take Care, PD
  1. Load more activity