All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Front Porch

^^^ Donkeys are very smart. She probably has made the connection between the spray and freedom from flies.
  3. Today
  4. The Front Porch

*gasp* Ive always wanted a Fjord! littlecow the landlord has a mini donkey. Ill have to take a pic for you. Hes got a couple other regular donkeys too. The jenny Sophie loooves attention. I just found recently that she absolutely loves to be fly sprayed, its the funniest thing. Its almost like she knows exactly what youre doing and is greatful lol.
  5. The Front Porch

LC you'll find the perfect Steady Eddie for LJ. Eddie will be found when you are not looking. Last night I was board & was looking at puppy ads on Craig's list. Somehow I found a Fjord for sale at what say was a reasonable price. Sadly we are not living at the farm or I'd go take a look.
  6. The Front Porch

I like minis...mini donkeys! Actually, we don''t need a mini because we have a Shetland Pony. Maggie's personality is awesome. She's 20 this year and has been going to the Scottish games now for almost ten years. She is worth her weight in gold as a first mount for kids. With John getting bigger, I am starting to really look for a horse for him. One of those precious geldings no one ever gets rid of because they are so wonderful. It will be a long search.
  7. The Front Porch

QB I'd take another mini in a heart beat & half. Had I known I'd like working more from the ground than the saddle I'd be a crazy piny lady. The minis are so much fun & I miss my two like no tomorrow.
  8. The Front Porch

RailroadWoman and noponies, I think Ill talk to the landlord tomorrow and see if I can either keep June or buy her from him. I could still have kids play with her and show her in hand until shes ready to drive. I never ever thought Id have a mini, even have said I wouldnt have one if ya gave it to me, but I do really like June. Oh, and I went ahead and bought an air fryer. Threw some frozen fries in it tonight and they turned out good. Ill have to try more stuff in it. My brothers best friend loves his so Im sure he can give me meal ideas. I dont go back to work til the weekend. Tomorrows agenda is to stop by the library and get my fishing license so I can go fish at the state park up the road from me. A coworker pulled out a 8lb bass from the state park last week. Then Ill run to Southern States and grab a couple more tomato plants. Just gotta get my dirt from the farm first.
  9. The Front Porch

And I was sad right there with him, RR. Wanted to bring one home and keep it in my yard.
  10. Yesterday
  11. The Front Porch

QB life is a much happier place with a mini in it. You can work on ground driving just not with any weight on her. FYI my son was sad when he heard the mini's especially this years babies were sold. We don't have an air fryer but have read it works well with certain foods but not all. Just do a little research.
  12. The Front Porch

I have always wanted a mini to drive.
  13. The Front Porch

Good lord guys its hot and humid here! How anything can live outside in this heat is beyond me. I bought a circular saw...and I love it! I cant wait to show you guys a pic of the project Im doing. The cutting is done and its being hung on the wall tomorrow but Im just waiting for some hooks to come from Amazon before I take pics. I think my landlord even likes it! Speaking of the landlord, we had a chat today and he wants to sell the remaining 2 minis, Margarita and June. Zarinna is not holding up her end of the deal, and neither is her mother. Zarinna is supposed to check their salt bucket everyday and make sure they always have (loose) salt, and she hasnt. I could tell/remind her til Im blue in the face, and its not going to happen. Additionally she hasnt payed them any attention at all all summer. I even suggested that she look up videos on youtube on how to train them to do tricks. Shes always on youtube. She hasnt looked for one video. Her mom never payed for the farrier visit weeks ago, and theyre due again. The landlord wants to sell the minis, and rightly so. I hate to see them go, especially June. Would I be a fool to keep June? She could be a companion for Sonic and I would like to get into driving one day. Ive even gone as far as to inquire the cost of training June for driving last month. The verdict was thats shes actually not old enough yet to pull weight, so the trainer suggested I wait and just keep ground driving her til shes old enough. What do you guys think? Lastly, anyone have an air fryer? What do you use it for? Favorite thing to cook in it?
  14. The Front Porch

Wishing you the very best with your surgery. Im sure everything will go perfect and you'll find the recovery isnt so bad.
  15. Last week
  16. RT @lindaholmes: @BlairBraverman I wonder how different a lot of people's lives would be if they were inculcated with the idea that your bo…

17. The Front Porch

Oh one of my favorite staffers was nice enough to take a pic with the Shortman. I absolutely love working with Miss Rodeo, she has a really fun personality.
  18. The Front Porch

LC, if you are a go go type of person you would be surprised at how coffee can mellow you out. It really works good for me to calm down. The general clientele are a pain in the donkey butt that I just don't want to deal with anymore.
  19. The Front Porch

RRW, have fun at the rodeo! I have no experience with RVs. They seem so self contained. Why are they such a pain? I'll have to pass on the coffee, unless it's decaf. No one, and I mean no one, wants to see me on coffee. My normal waking state is hyper, especially in the morning. Surgery to remove the gallbladder is scheduled later this week. I have to pack in enough feed and hay to make sure I don't have to lift anything for a week or so after surgery. Not sure how fast I am going to recover, but hubby wants me to get a petsitter to help. Don't wanna, but I might have them come once per day to check waters. I think I will turn everyone out for couple of days because I can't expect a petsitter to clean the stalls.
  20. The Front Porch

Been up for several hours; about coffee'd out, but thanks for the invite.
  21. The Front Porch

Yay!!!!! in 29 hours the last of the rodeo rv park guest will be gone for good. The rv park is getting closed permanently as Oct 1 this year. I swear these people are going to drive me to the loony bin. So tonight we are going to the rodeo. Instead of general seating tickets I had managed to get reserved seats that are in a great spot just down from the chutes. Shortman is going to really enjoy it. Hope you all have a great morning, I've got the coffee on please help yourself.
  22. Check in.

QH, sure hope things turn for the better for you and your family. Nice to see you pop in by all means feel free to stop more frequently. As for my part of the world not much different for us, work work work is what we do. Doing our best finding a little fun time during the busy summer.
  23. Check in.

I'm sorry, qh. Not much change. I have a bad gallbladder (surgery scheduled). We stopped breeding Dexter cattle. We just have a few pet cows now. One pet cow has an atrocious udder (she is one of our first calves and she gave us lots of good beef over the years because we had to cull all her calves to keep her traits from passing on). She is very dear to us, despite her goofy udder. She just had her last calf and I designed a bra for her to help give her support until she can have surgery on her udder in November. A cow 'mammectomy', as they call it. I am down to one horse and John has his pony. We ride as often as we can (early mornings because of the heat). I had to put my old mare, Libby, down. It sucked, but it was time. She went peacefully, but we couldn't bury her here (spring runs under our land). I cut her tail and she went to the landfill. The GSD pup, Zeke, is now 6 months old. He finally has enough self control to wander around the house without chasing cats or stealing socks. Okay, he still steals an occasional sock, but he's much better.
  24. Check in.

Evening, I have not popped my head in here in quite some time. How is everything going? Life moves on here. It has all changed, not for the good, but we are trying.
  25. Texas People #6

Oh, wow!
  26. Texas People #6

There were reports of pool water in El Paso Tx reacting.
  27. The Front Porch

Thanks, PD. Heidi, we are pretty much done breeding. Ursa, Fiona's last calf, might become a draft animal (ox), but no plans to breed right now. Krowka may get milked, depending on how she does with handling over the next few weeks. I'm happy with the contribution we've made to the breed. There are some nice tempered Dexters with good builds that came from our farm. Most of the heifers that we sold are family milk cows now. We also produced a few good bulls. We turned the donkey and goat out with the cows. It went well. The playful goat intrigues Ursa. They might become playmates. On the bright side, we are not far from lambing season. They have two small pastures and a paddock, just for the sheep. Four ewes, three were twins, and one was a triplet. It's about to get crazy.
  28. Texas People #6

I heard it could be felt in Sacramento, but I didn't think it would be strong enough to affect a pool that far north. Any shaking at all would freak me out!
  29. Texas People #6

3 hours north from the epicenter about 100 mi due east of San Fran.
  1. Load more activity