Forums

1. Rules & Admin Topics

1. Forum Rules

Please check in periodically for updates.

Updates on policies or general info for all members.

1. Helpful Hints and Tips

Helping your visit here be more fun.

Especially for new members of HorseCity. Welcome!

Post your photos, artwork and other fun horsey things here. Copyright laws apply.

Place for kids to hang out and talk horses.

An extension of our "Kids Only" board. For Role Playing Games only.

Our moderately moderated debate board. Any topic allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. You can debate a topic all day long - as long as you leave personal remarks out of it.

1. General Horse Talk

All posts horse-related.

Training advice for you and your horse. Ask questions and connect with each other.

Ask a question or give some advice to a horse person in need!

No Hoof. No Horse. All about horse hoof care.

All about long-eared critters like Mules and Donkeys

Post your photos for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please read and follow all forum rules posted.

Trading items with other members. Restricted forum and password protected. Go to the new 'Notes From Admin' forum for details on admittance. Rules are strictly enforced!

• No posts to show
    8. Breeding

Anything related to breeding and repro. Advertising of any kind is not allowed.

All your tack related questions, leather care, repair, saddle fitting and more.

Everything about hurricanes and other natural disasters that effect use as horse owners.

1. 40,817

Just for teens!

General English Riding

All about showing horses.

1. 2008 Cookbook Project

Archived thread from the cookbook project.

• Serah, Like your tack shed, it looks like it should hold a good amount of tack. You'll have fun organizing it. Heidi, Hope next time your ride goes better, at least now you know the cause, so easier to address issues like that in the future.  Just glad you stayed in the saddle & didn't get hurt. I got both care & truck cleaned out, but still have to dust the dash & the clean the doors yet.  I'm a bit stiff & sore from riding this AM, took my TWH  gelding out, as he can be sppoky at times, he was nervous, but manageable, he's scared of dogs & cattle, & there is alot of them for him to see, in our area, he walked past both today, without trying to run off, last fall he took me through a ditch before I got him stopped. He did good today, he does teach me patience, as a soft hands & tone of voice, work best with him.  PD
    •  It's been a long day.  Albuquerque, to Costco, I needed so many things, I get my laundry and cleaning products there, plus, shampoo, facial moisturizer, medicines and, the like.  Since it's daylight longer now, I was able to put the sprinkler on the newly seeded areas for a couple of hours when we got home. We have new grass coming up everywhere, it's so nice to see color, instead of white!  I'm off to Arizona Thursday, for a Friday morning Dr's appointment. I have, issues that can no longer be ignored, some pretty disturbing symptoms, so, it's about time I had myself looked at. I have a suite booked, it was the same price as a regular king room, so, I figured, what the heck......but, I didn't realize, until they sent the confirmation and, room description, it's a handicap room, since I don't need it, when I get there, I'm asking if I can change it.  Your gelding was naughty, huh Heidi? Although Sam has never bucked, I'm planning on riding first, in the paddock for a while, before taking him out, kinda get a feel for what he might do, since he hasn't been ridden in a while.  
    • Your Tack Shack is adorable!  I love it! Went riding today and my gelding was a freaking BRONC.  Well, not a terribly effective bronc because I stayed on, but after I got home and was still for a while, I discovered he had jacked me up.  My left sciatic kept wanting to drop my leg out from under me and my lower back was soooo tight.   He would get head sling-y and crow hop a bit.  I have him in a snaffle right now and I'd take his face away and he'd stop. Sometimes me just saying "Aaaaant!" would make him stop before I could pull one rein.  But he kept doing it!  Probably 8-10 different times.  I checked the saddle and the pad and girth were fine and then I made sure his skin laid smooth - no wrinkles or bumps.   We figured out he didn't like having to 'work' to keep up with my friend's faster gaiting Rocky.  If my boy was in front and controlling the speed, he was happy.  If he was behind and having to work to keep up, he'd get pissy and have a tantrum.  Other than that, he was a good ride.
    •  No one, makes anyone, come here.  If certain topics aren't to your liking, skip them.  If people don't want to read or, comment on certain topics, there just might be a reason.  If you prefer discussing political topics, there are several forums out there, where you can do just that, all day, every day.
    • Please stop trying to shame us for enjoying our time here.  I read the topics you post and I learn a lot about the world and everyone's different opinions.  I've even changed my own opinions based on things I've learned.
  • Topics