Forums

1. Rules & Admin Topics

1. Forum Rules

Please check in periodically for updates.

Updates on policies or general info for all members.

1. Helpful Hints and Tips

Helping your visit here be more fun.

Especially for new members of HorseCity. Welcome!

Post your photos, artwork and other fun horsey things here. Copyright laws apply.

Place for kids to hang out and talk horses.

An extension of our "Kids Only" board. For Role Playing Games only.

Our moderately moderated debate board. Any topic allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. You can debate a topic all day long - as long as you leave personal remarks out of it.

1. General Horse Talk

All posts horse-related.

Training advice for you and your horse. Ask questions and connect with each other.

Ask a question or give some advice to a horse person in need!

No Hoof. No Horse. All about horse hoof care.

All about long-eared critters like Mules and Donkeys

Post your photos for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please read and follow all forum rules posted.

Trading items with other members. Restricted forum and password protected. Go to the new 'Notes From Admin' forum for details on admittance. Rules are strictly enforced!

• No posts to show
    8. Breeding

Anything related to breeding and repro. Advertising of any kind is not allowed.

All your tack related questions, leather care, repair, saddle fitting and more.

Everything about hurricanes and other natural disasters that effect use as horse owners.

1. 40,784

Just for teens!

General English Riding

All about showing horses.

1. 2008 Cookbook Project

Archived thread from the cookbook project.

• Jubal, she is a drama llama!!
    • LOL!  What an act!
    • Heidi,  Thanks for all the info on your Kubota,  had friend that runs a small horse operation , & he bought a Kubota, sometime ago, & it does everything  he could ask for.  He has belly mower deck he can use to mow his riding arena & lawn, plus a loader to stack big square bales, he has been very pleased with it.   As we get bigger we need bigger toys. Enjoy.     PD
    • Oh, Danyel, she looks pitiful with her head/feet hanging dejectedly over the arm of the sofa.

We bought the next size up tractor from what we were originally looking at.  I decided I wanted something that could lift and move a round bale if I needed to, in addition to doing the other chores (mowing  and moving manure) around the property.  I'd rather have the power and not need it than need it and not have it.  It has "quick connects" for the implements, which my husband really likes.  We also have a brush hog with a heavy-duty blade for thick work, an auger and a grading blade.  We will check ads for a 3-point round bale spear to buy later on.   We decided on the Kubota for several reasons.  The man we bought our trailer from pointed out that most tractor housings are lightweight and/or fiberglass and will crack or break if you rub against something but Kubota is all sturdy metal, so it may dent but it won't crack or break.  Also, John Deere is proprietary and will only hook up to other JD implements (unless you make modifications).  Other tractor manufacturers stick to a common standard and implements of different brands (except JD) are compatible.  The trailer guy had a couple JDs, a Kubota and a Case excavator and said he preferred his Kubota.  He felt he "paid for the JD name" when he bought his two and got better value from his Kubota purchase.  One of the major points in our decision is someone my husband worked with always did exhaustive research before he made purchases to ensure he got the best bang for his buck and when he tractor shopped he bought a Kubota.  I figured if it was good enough for Joe, that's good enough for me and I don't have to re-do his research! Of course, it is raining and the ground is squishy so we will have to wait to play with it.
    • This sounds so neat, I bet it will be great fun!
  • Topics