12 replies to this topic

#1 morgan horses

morgan horses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Kz4m_XyaE

I HOPE WE CAN ALL REMEMBER THIS AMAZING SADDLEBRED AND THIS VIDEO IS A GOOD WAY TO DO JUST THAT

[Me Cry] [Me Cry]

#2 Perchlover07

Perchlover07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

Aww thats really sad, he was a beautiful boy! Gosh what is wrong with people?

RIP Wild Eyed and Whicked [Frown] [Angel]

#3 A. Marie

A. Marie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

Wow, that seems like such a long time ago, I had almost forgotten. Almost. That is not the type of thing to be fully removed from memory. Thank you for remembering. It IS very sad. Some people just lose focus...Thank you for finding that video. With Louisville going on right now, I hope many Saddlebred see that.

But man, you can't get better shots of the green shavings than that...That, meaning he and horses like him are what it is all about.

#4 xCrazyMorganLadyx

xCrazyMorganLadyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

I loved that horse with a passionate fire. He was soooooooo cute. He was an inspiration to me. Whenever I ride my mare Gladly it reminds me of him.

Forever missed, forever loved
Wild Eyed and Wicked

#5 RodeoCowgirl504

RodeoCowgirl504

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:35 AM

Rack on Wild Eyed & Whicked, Rack On.

That video brought tears to my eyes- I still can't believe someone would do that!!!!

#6 belsy2u2

belsy2u2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

When did this happen? What a beautiful animal.

#7 ArBensMusic

ArBensMusic

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, I remember when that happened. ... I might be a hunter jumper, but I used to be into Saddlebreds. I found this video a long time ago, and showed it to one of my non-horsey friends, and she even cried, it has definately been one of my favorites. R.I.P. Wicked [Angel]

#8 JoMarieM

JoMarieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

I'm an avid saddlebred person who hopes to have my own mare in the show ring someday. What a tremendous loss of life for such a beautiful animal. . .and as far as I know, nobody knows who committed this horrible act. But God knows, and whoever was responsible won't get away with it forever. I saved this video to my favorites file, and I can never hear this song without thinking of Wicked.

#9 amie9191

amie9191

Save your quarter, ride a Morgan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

He was an amazing horse [Angel]

#10 amie9191

amie9191

Save your quarter, ride a Morgan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jazzmatazz:
Where they ever able to determine what the substance was? Were they ever able to catch those involved?

I don't think they ever found out anything [Frown]

#11 Chocomare

Chocomare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

He was an amazing horse.

If you ever have a couple of hours to kill on a rainy day, pop into the archived thread tto read allllllll about it from COTH: www. chronicleforums . com/Forum/showthread.php?t=25817

[ 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Chocomare ]

#12 hansonmkusa

hansonmkusa

Qtr Horse Lvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

This is from the dispute with the barn owners and the horse owners about who owed what, it was such a shock when this happened.

The horse owner was able to keep just partial of his remains and still no answer to what it was the took his life.

The horse's owners I believed buried their part at the KY Horse Park and the barn owners kept the other half of the horse on their land.

It was such a legal mess....read alot of the stories on TheHorse.com website. Teach ya to make sure you have anything and everything writing.

Owners want horse exhumed for tests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second court request made

By Murray Evans
The Associated Press

LEXINGTON - The owners of a champion show horse again have asked a federal judge to allow the exhumation of the animal so that forensic tests can be conducted on the remains.

Joe and Sally Jackson's second request to exhume Wild-Eyed and Wicked is contained in papers filed in U.S. District Court last Friday. The horse is buried at Double D Ranch in Versailles, where he was boarded and trained by the farm's owners, Dena and Dave Lopez.

Wild-Eyed and Wicked, the winner of the saddlebred industry's Triple Crown in 2000 and 2001, was one of five horses at Double D Ranch in June 2003 who had nearly identical circular wounds on the back of their left front pastern - the short bone between the hoof and ankle - where someone apparently injected them with a still-unknown substance.

Three horses, including Wild-Eyed and Wicked, an 11-year-old gelding, were euthanized that July because of the injuries. Kentucky State Police have named no suspects in the case, although it remains under investigation.

On Aug. 13, District Judge Joseph Hood denied a similar request by the Jacksons, citing the ongoing investigation. But Hood said he might reconsider if the Overland Park, Kan., couple could provide assurance that Woodford County Commonwealth's Attorney Gordon Shaw, who would prosecute the case should charges be brought, would have no objections to the exhumation.

Hood also told the Jacksons they must provide testimony from veterinarians that blood and tissue samples taken from Wild-Eyed and Wicked before the horse's death aren't available for testing.

Last week's filing included affidavits from Shaw, three veterinarians who treated the horse, a veterinarian who performed tests on the horse's tissue and three other veterinarians who said forensic tests on the bones would provide useful information for the investigation.

Shaw said in his affidavit that "it is my opinion that such an exhumation of Wicked's remains, together with appropriate forensic testing, would not hamper or obstruct the on-going KSP criminal investigation, and I believe that it may be of benefit, to assist my office and the KSP in the conduct of the investigation."

John Cummins, Carol McLeod and Ric Redden, veterinarians who treated Wild-Eyed and Wicked, all said in their affidavits that they never conducted tests on tissue samples from the horse and do not possess any such samples.

George Maylin of Cornell University, a leading expert on equine drug testing and pharmacology, said in his affidavit that he tested samples taken from scabs from the wounds of four of the horses that were attacked, including Wild-Eyed and Wicked, but that the tissue samples provided weren't viable for testing.

The Jacksons have been involved in legal wranglings with the Lopezes since January, when the Lopezes sued the Jacksons for $13,172.90 - costs the Lopezes said they incurred in caring for the Jacksons' horses. The Jacksons countersued.

Bill Rambicure, an attorney for the Lopezes, said during the August hearing they wanted to know what tests would be run if the horse were exhumed and what those tests might show before they would agree to exhumation.

The Lopezes have claimed they had an oral agreement with the Jacksons to bury Wild-Eyed and Wicked at Double D Ranch, which the Jacksons dispute.

#13 robrob

robrob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

you know I find it funny that some of the owners don't want a necrospy done to find out what teh substance was. smells a little like a dead rat to me! it smells strongly of inside job. how much were they insured for?

RRRRR