8 replies to this topic

#1 HighFlyer

HighFlyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hi everyone. I don't know if any of you would remember me but I was on HorseCity a loooong time ago. It has been awhile since I have come back but considering I have given myself an early Christmas gift (Mac Laptop) I decided I would check out what has been going on with everyone.

On my side of things....
I have quit riding. For a lot of reasons and one of them NOT being that I don't want to ride anymore but because while I was in Spain over the summer my parents sold my horse, Logan. Without a horse, my trainer did not see reason to pay much attention to me. I was handed green horses or crappy lesson horses and then eventually a pony. Now it was fun experiencing different horses but it got to the point where i wasn't going anywhere. I was "stuck". So I quit. I would love to start back up again. Who knows when though...

I miss riding everyday.

Maybe you all can help fill the empty hole left in me.

#2 Duke Of Hazard

Duke Of Hazard

Instant_Gratification2010

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

Welcome back Brittany!!

I didn't know your parents sold him. I thought you leased him or something. That really sucks though and i'm sorry. This may sound rude but i don't think I would ever go back to [trainer] because she is very biased and only really wants her daughter to succeed. Did you know the people who bought Duke retired him because their daughter can't ride him now? And she said they were a good fit.

#3 Sylves

Sylves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

I bet you could put your name out there, and someone will want you to ride their horse. There are too many people who buy horses and who don't have the time or skills for the horse they bought. Happens ALL TOO OFTEN! Who knows, you might end up with a the perfect match!

That totally sucks that your parents sold your horse while you were gone.

[ 12-09-2007, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Sylves ]

#4 ilovedobby

ilovedobby

Beastiest Chick Around

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Whoa, your parents sold you horse without telling you or did I just totally missinterpret that whole thing?

Either way, someone deserves a hug. [Huggy]

#5 silverdreamer3

silverdreamer3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I am sorry they sold your horse. If you were in New York I would let you ride my horse, she is good, I just don't have time to ride much now that the days are so short!
I hope you get to start riding again soon [Huggy]

#6 montikarla

montikarla

Beware the Mare!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

It has been awhile. I'm sorry to hear that your parent's sold your horse. Sucky situation.

#7 Foxie_Eventer

Foxie_Eventer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Will you post a pic of logan, I really miss seeing his cute little chestnut face.

So sorry they sold him, and you quit. I bet you get back into it over time. You were born with talent to ride, that urge to get on their back will hopefuly come back to you, you are just in a tough spot right now.

#8 Fat Pony

Fat Pony

Il faut le faire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hi Brittany, wlecome back! I'm so sorry to hear about Logan [Frown] That's a real bummer. I hope you can get something worked out soon! Then again, sometimes a little break is a good thing. I hope it works out positively for you in the long run.

Are you a senior this year? In college now? I have a hard time keeping track! Any news on Turkey and how he's doing? He always was a fave of mine [Smile] I did like Logan too, but you know my soft spot for bay thoroughbreds! [Wink]

#9 HighFlyer

HighFlyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

Kristin: I agree with you on that one. My mom and I have had enough of her. haha

Fat Pony: I am so glad to see your still here! I'm a senior this year but graduating in January. I am going to a local community college for the spring and then in the fall I will either go to Texas State or University of Colorado at Boulder. I haven't heard much about Turkey but I'm pretty sure he is still with his owner.

Foxie_Eventer: How have you been!? I really appreciate your support!

Thanks guys! I'll try and get a picture up here for everyone to see!