Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

Where the heck is our post?

#2 the old man

the old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

Finally figured how to get back on here. I have been absent for a while, and my how the world has changed. I posted the where the heck is our post under a different name cause I couldn't get on with this name. I kept trying to find the posts and never did.

This is just so you will know who John12 is and where he came from.

Things are going well in my part of the country. Just the same old grind. Horses are fat and sassy, but wishing for cooler weather. Along with the owner. We had to install all new water lines at the house, so I added hydrants at very place I could think of that I might ever need one. It sure is convenient. Out side of that nothing is happening. Haven't even had time to ride this summer. A most disgusting turn of events.

Gotta go now. I'll try to keep up a little better in the future. I enjoy chatting with you folks.
God gave us horses and dogs so we can feel important and children to keep us humble.
==============
Advice is the most wasted thing on earth; a wise man doesn't need it and a fool won't take it.

#3 DancinDreaminKid

DancinDreaminKid

Dancin Fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Old man -- this is Dancin, I don't know if this will get through or not! You didn't tell me how to post!! I went riding today. It was hot but as long as we were on the horses it wasn't too bad. I am trying my best to get in a ride every weekend.
My birthday is in 9 days and with every birthday I worry a little more about how long I will be able to keep riding! I am trying to ride more (in the summer) than I used to. It hasn't been really miserable yet! Even though we have been riding in 90 plus degree temps!

#4 Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

smileywavey.gif
Thank you God, for kids and horses, for lilac bushes, for vanilla ice cream, for books to read, and for friends to share the wonderful experience of life.

#5 horses forever

horses forever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hi yall smileywavey.gif
Besides the fact that we do not like change, how do you like the new site? I am having to re figure everything out myself. I have some of it figure out, but not all of it. I will have to experiment with this for a couple of days. Right now I seem to like it, but like I said will have to play with it.
DancinDreaminKid -I do not know if I will be back here in 9 days or not, due to working and my memory(LOL) I am going to go ahead and wish you a early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a great and good one.
I had a message left on my answering machine Thurs about a temp to perm job. I will find out more about it Monday. I called Friday but the person was out to lunch. Right now I am leaning to taking the job because it is temp to perm., closer to home and less traffic, and I will probably be working an hour earlier and getting off an hour earlier than now. The job I have now is a indefinate temp job. The 2 other people from the same employment agency have been there almost 3 months and I know there is at least a month for me or longer, but then when we get finish, that is it for that job. After I talk to the person Mon., I will make my decision. I will let you know what happens. Just pray that I make the right decision.
Been hot, up to 100 today, and depending on what weather station you watch, could be 100 to 103 till mid week next week. That is the typical weather here. HOT HOT HOT!
Cannot think of anything else.
Everyone you know I am praying for you if needed. I need to get caught up on the posts again.

Have a GREAT weekend.

#6 Jack Baumgartner

Jack Baumgartner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

Holy majoley! I can't believe this thread is finally open! After nine days off from the lightning strike, I come back to this change. Not sure I'm going to like it, but here it is. I guess I'll learn to navigate, but I'm not a fan of change at my age.

I buy most of our groceries, and just about the time I get the layout of the store down pat, so I don't have to backtrack, they change everything around. bang_head.gif Difficult to make a shopping list.

Hope everybody learns the way here. smileywavey.gif

Saddletramp

#7 pntdhorses

pntdhorses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

Well certainly glad to see the thread is back. Howdy to everyone.

It has been really hot here lately. I did get a ride in last week but looks like the temps are going to be in the high 90's with humidity all the rest of the week to come. So probably no riding for me. I am going to Lake Michigan next Tuesday so that will probably be a much needed break from the hot temps.

Hope everyone likes the new board format and learns the ins and outs of all the new bells and whistles. Remember.....Change is GOOD!

If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth. ~Chief Seattle of the Suwamish Tribe, letter to President Franklin Pierce

#8 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:09 AM

Howdy All,

It looks like they did a complete remodling job. Will have to start over learning my way around this place. Life has been busy lately, very little time to ride, I keep hoping that will change. PD

#9 oldlady

oldlady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

Good morning. well I do not like change. Hopefully this will not be too painful for me. I like the spell checker. I did go riding on Tuesday. the first time sice I broke my tail bone and hurt my back. I was thinking of selling my mare if I could not ride any more. Some one approached me about buying her for their daughter. I will be keeping her. I had a good ride. Noe I jusy wish my hay would come.

Everone stay safe and healthy
Stay Safe and Healthy

#10 Horse Love

Horse Love

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Ok I got this far now have patients that I figure out the rest. I noticed spell check but could not get it right last night. I down loaded, at least I thought I did but have to figure what I did wrong. I like some of this new stuff like the avitar. Ok got the spell check to work yay.gif I guess i just needed some rest. All I wanted to do yesterday was sleep. it was raining most the day and the first day I had no where I had to be like in a hay field or work. We also have been busy putting up new ceiling tile although the house with new resets light in the kitchen and wiring for the hanging light in the dinning room and replacing the hall lights. It's been a slow process but i try to work on it on rainy days with everything else I have to do like hay. I have a field of about 2 acre's down that i have not been able to get up due to to much humidity and about the time you hope it will dry it rains surrender.gif .
CHERYL

#11 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

Howdy All,

Thought I would bump this thread up from page 3. Life has been busy as usual, been going through my mother's things, very little she ever threw away, so we have discarded many items.

I'm still trying to figure out how some things work on this remodled site, it will all fall in place with time. I just learn slower than I used to. Later. PD

#12 Jack Baumgartner

Jack Baumgartner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

Has anyone noticed the discrepancy in the times something was posted? I'll be posting this a little after 7:30 PM on Monday, July 21st. Can't wait to see what the new system says I posted it.

Had to run an errand this afternoon, and couldn't believe the drop in gas prices. I stopped at the Kroger supermarket where I get a 20 cent discount. I paid $3.61 a gallon. Yahoo!
Saddletramp

#13 pntdhorses

pntdhorses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:34 PM

Jack, I think you have to go into "My Controls" to change your time zone.
If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth. ~Chief Seattle of the Suwamish Tribe, letter to President Franklin Pierce

#14 Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hi folks,

Too much hullabalooooo on this new board format. I like things plain and simple.
Kinda miss being able to find posts quickly--feels like I have to search forever, even if I go to my history files.
Oh well...........

On a good note, rode my Sweets a few hours on Sunday. She hasn't been ridden much in the last couple of years with the young ones around, but I can take her out of the field and saddle up for a ride, and she's good as can be. She is the most amazing horse. We rode beside a moving train for a while. The engineer waved and waved.
Tonight I took Windsong out for a short ride. She's a stubborn little cus, so after her intial bucking on the lunge line, I climbed aboard and did some reining. Beautiful. She reins so nice! Then she balked like the dickens over leaving the yard, so we worked on that a while. Finally got out and rode a bit. That horse just needs more miles. When we got back I rode her in the field with Sweets and she was very soft to the rein and touch. Good girl.
Buddy's leg is slowly healing. I hope I can get back to working with him very soon. Much work to do to get ready for the Badlands ride!

Take care everyone!
Thank you God, for kids and horses, for lilac bushes, for vanilla ice cream, for books to read, and for friends to share the wonderful experience of life.

#15 Jack Baumgartner

Jack Baumgartner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (pntdhorses @ Jul 22 2008, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jack, I think you have to go into "My Controls" to change your time zone.

My time zone is correct in my task bar. Are you tallking about a "My Controls" place on HC? Never even heard of a place like that. I think this new system is full of bugs. I'm posting this at 12:06AM. Check out what time this new system says I do it.
Saddletramp

#16 Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

Yea, the time is all screwed up on mine too, Jack.
Just took me almost an hour to figure out how to do an avatar (picture instead of the goofy one that we are given).

Sigh.
I'm beat after all of that.

#17 rainsongappy

rainsongappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

smileywavey.gif well lets see how this turns out..ho nothing like being gone and coming back to this.. hope your all getting it down pat.. havent been riding this week way to hot..horses are coated in sweat in the pastures. they sure like that hose and cold water.. hope everyone is doing ok..ya'al take care.. Dallas

#18 Becaco

Becaco

I Cowgirled Up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,460 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hi everybody.
I have Gin at a trainer right now. I can actually ride her without being scared. It only took 3 years after gettin my noggin' banged. Other than that not a lot going on here, just too blamed hot.

#19 The Bun

The Bun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

crazy.gif Well I have not posted in a long time and NOW I got to figure out how to use then NEW Board....

I told someone that this New board is Like you had been riding a Nice Gaited Horse and Now your on a Bronc and got to learn how to ride all over again..!!

Things have been fine with me, just haven`t had much to post about lately...so just been doing a lot of lurking !!
The Bun
I met a board buddy-- rwdodgerblue & ANDI

#20 rainsongappy

rainsongappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

well not much going on in the little corner of AR..didn't get any o fthe rain. cant figure how to get font and color and size to appear..oh well guess I am thankful taht I can getand read teh posts.. hope everyone id doing good...Dallas

#21 the old man

the old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Just came back to work and found us down on page three. Put 200 hundred bales of hay in the barn over the last couple of days. 110 for me and 100 for my SIL. Always happens on the hottest day of the year. I still have about another 100 bales to get. The guy I am buying from calls me a day or so ahead of time and then I try to get someone to help me haul. It is hard to get anyone to help. My wife used to help, but is no longer able to because of haelth reasons.

We are supposed to go to Tx. this week end to visit some friends and ride in the LBJ National Grasslands, I think. If I can remember my camera I will post a picture or two when we get back. If I can fgure out how to post a pic. I am not real computer literate anyway, and this new format is giving me fits.

Unfortunately, we are doing some adjustments to some of our machines this week and I am going to have to work for a while tonight. I'll try to check in later.

Have a great night.
God gave us horses and dogs so we can feel important and children to keep us humble.
==============
Advice is the most wasted thing on earth; a wise man doesn't need it and a fool won't take it.

#22 Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

Hi old man!

Good to 'see' you. :)

Good news on the hay. Of course it happens on the hottest day of the year...always. We put 150 in the quonset last weekend. Need a lot more, but it is hard to come by in these parts thanks to a cold, dry spring.

I was lucky--my daughter's boyfriend is really good at throwing bales. He's handy to have around. :)
This is the 3rd year we have been blessed with his help in tossing bales.
I plan on putting together a care package for him as a thank you. He's almost 20, has bought his own trailer house, works his butt off full-time, and is going to school full-time. I figure a care package will be a nice treat for him.

Time to head out and do chores. Kind of dodging between thunderstorms..........
so much for a ride this evening the way my weather alert keeps blasting.

Have fun in Texas........and pictures WILL be expected!

#23 heaven58

heaven58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

people grow old cause they stop riding. [Wink]
We have been around for almost 2 years and some great friendships have been made over the web due to HC and General Chit Chat.
I have learned so much about horsey things, gardening, baking, saddles, trailers,grand children and much more.
The people on this thread are considered my friends even though we have never met in person with the exception of a few at MN Horse Expo.
NEW FOLKS ,just like you are always welcome to sit awhile with that cup of coffee in the morning or that special drink at night.
[Jump] [Jump] [Jump] [Jump]
So, come on along the trail with us. This is a good place to start your day and a relaxing one to hit just before you snuggle up to your pillow for the night. [Huggy]
Happy Trails to everyone!
Heaven
[Angel]

[ 08-12-2006, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: heaven58 ]

#24 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

Well I see we started with a clean slate, thought I would help get it dirty. Went to a county fair today, my oldest grandson was showing a dairy heifer, and a beef steer, that didn't make weight. So he can't sell it through 4H. But can market it. I walked around to forse barn. Then I walked over to a car & truck dealer, just to kill time. They had a couple trucks I would have liked to owned, but whenit comes to spending money, I get cheap real quick. I want to wait and see how much gas goes up in price. I might keep my present truck, and buy a car, that runs cheaper, or I might not do anything at all. I had fun looking.

Well I had my first sweet corn out of garden the other day. Was surprised I remembered how long to let it boil, before taking out of pot.

Jack, Glad you were able to find those saddle stands. They'l move rather rapidly,I'm sure.

WEll my mind must be resting, because I can't think of anthing more to say. So Catch you later.PD

#25 Wild Rose

Wild Rose

Horse Maid

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,273 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:48 AM

Thought I'd stop in and say HI! [Smiley Wavey]

I know, I haven't posted much in here, but I tend to get lost in these types of topics. So much to read and keep up on.

PD, I've thought about trading in my car for a truck, too, but the car gets 23 MPH gallon in town and 26 or 27 on the Freeway. That's hard to beat.

#26 heaven58

heaven58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

Thanks Wild Rose! [Smiley Wavey]
First thanks for the help on the edit and then it's great to have you aboard again. I don't post as much as I used to either BUT I do read everyone elses posts.
People are having fun and sharing. [Big Grin]
Have a nice weekend, everybody.
Heaven

#27 FastTracker

FastTracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

Hi Folks [Smiley Wavey]
Well I'm happy to say I certainly qualify for this thread [Big Grin]
PD I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I enjoy reading your thoughtful, wise, and positive responses. It's very refreshing.
My husband and I own 3 horses, a 21yo quarter horse gelding, 9yo Appy gelding, and 4yo TWH mare. I took an early retirement 2 yrs ago from the banking profession, before that law enforcement, and we live adjacent to a 22,000+ acre State Forest with lots of great riding trails. We really just enjoy the simple things in life. Besides sharing my horse passion with my husband,(bless his heart) we also like to fish and golf ( well I hack away at it [Smile] ). I've been searching for a "worthy" community service activity for a while now where I can volunteer along with our horses. I'm very excited to begin working with equine related start up programs with the Youth Crisis Center. I'm certainly hoping to make a positive difference.
Well off to the round pen. It's still a bit too hot to ride right now. Have a Blessed Day!

#28 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

Fast Tracker,

Be sure to come back and chew the fat again, and thanks for your kind words. Getting positive feed back is always appreciated. I do hope your community service career takes of for you. And when you can combine horse and youth, it is a wonderful thing. Best Wishes. PD

#29 KGB

KGB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

Welcome Fast Tracker! Do come back often, and be sure to complain loudly if Becaco is late with the coffee or Jack doesn't provide enough goodies for us to munch.

I have a 9 year old appy mare that I trail ride on. Our property adjoins BLM land, so we can literally ride forever. My husband does not share my love for horses, but tolerates it most of the time. At other times, he tells me that the local market is running a huge sale on Horseburger Helper.

I also took an early retirement in 2002. I was a city bus driver for over 15 years, prior to that I was also in law enforcement. I am now enjoying life in the slow lane.

Kate

#30 Jack Baumgartner

Jack Baumgartner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hope everybody saw the sign in the window this morning at the old place. That's where I dropped off the goodies and made a pot of coffee, hoping someone would stop by. I swept up the place and took out the trash.

Sold four of the seven saddle racks I bought yesterday, and saved the best three for last. Didn't make anything on the ones I sold, just passing them along to people. Two of them went to Fancy Paint and Old Cowpoke.