Quantcast

Middle and West Tn, please help find a farrier

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

I'm also going to post this on GCC but thanks for looking and helping.

My problem is that every time I find a good farrier they seem to disappear on me. I had a good one out of Dickson Tn and he just decided to stop coming and never called. His son was doing my horses after that and he did the same thing. I used them for at least 8 yrs, never missed paying and was always there when they did the horses.

My next farrier was from Ashland City, Tn and was awesome. He came about 5 times and has dropped off the face of the earth. We have left messages on his cell, at home and paged him just about every day since July 31 when he was supposed to be out and never showed. He won't return calls and has yet to respond to a page. Same with him I paid when he was there and I was always there when he did the horses.

Now, I have to find another farrier so I need help. Does anyone have a good reliable farrier that they can recommend? I live in Hickman County which is west of Nashville. After next Friday I will have 3 horses to be done. One has shoes on all 4 and the other 2 are barefoot.

I have a few names that I got from the internet and would also like to know if anyone knows these farriers. If you do please tell me if you think they are good, bad or otherwise.

Byron Goth
Jeff Porter - Clarksville, Tn
Jeff Range
Gary Redmon

Thanks everyone!!

Edited: because I don't know my directions!

[ 08-31-2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Demon's Mom ]

#2 Sushi

Sushi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

You have a PM. [Smiley Wavey]

#3 Rojo Encendido

Rojo Encendido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:01 PM

I use Jason Dunlap. He lives just outside of Paris, TN(Henry County). I'm not sure how far it is from there to Hickman County, or if he will drive that far.

He does good work. Very friendly, answers questions and all that. You do have to call about 2 weeks in advance though-he's very busy. The best time to call is after dark b/c he shoes horses in the morning and trains horses in the evening.

I would recommend him to anyone looking for a farrier. [Big Grin] Hope he comes out to ya!

#4 hansonmkusa

hansonmkusa

Qtr Horse Lvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

Here is a site for farriers in your state of TN.

http://www.farriers.com/area7a.htm#tn

hope you can find one...good luck