• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 little_mom52

little_mom52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

Hey everyone! I have a 7 yr old bay gelding that has no papers but he does have a brand. I was told that he came from mexico. I wondered if anyone has ever seen a brand with 3 symbols on top of each other. on the bottom is a sideways y in the middle is a U and on the top is a v shape that looks like a flying birds wings. I would love to find out where he came from because he has at one time had a bad accident that left him scarred on his face with his nose broken and scars on his ears and a dent in his forehead skullbone. He acts normal and is very healthy. he has a very low tailset and long legs but is only 15 hands. He also has a little white spot on his forehead. This little horse is broke to the hilt and can do rollbacks, pivots, stops and spins and barrels! he can also do team penning and is a great cutting horse. I would love to find what ranch he came from so i maybe could find out what happened to him. i felt sorry for him and bought him from a local meat dealer to save him. that was two years ago now and hes the greatest! Any ideas on how to find his brand?

#2 BethanyW

BethanyW

At Peace With My Inner Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:04 PM

Try the livestock (Dept of Agriculture/Livestock division) of Arizona. I looked all over the place in brand registries looking for my gelding's brand. His brand is a three clawed bear paw and wasn't aywhere. While they couldn't help me other than to say that it was a Mexican brand the guys that work there seem to have a really good knowledge of many brands from mexico. Apparently most haven't changed in a hundred years. I faxed a drawing of mine to them and they called back.
I was sorry to hear about your guy's injuries, mine too came with severe scars but is super talented.

#3 dm207491

dm207491

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

Hi, I also have a horse purchased at auction that I would like to trace if possible. She is approximately 22 years old, I purchased her 4 years ago at Blackstone, Va. She was the skinniest horse there. She is also trained for cutting and I was told by previous owners that she had come from a cutting horse ranch out west? She is 14.3 with a brand on her left front shoulder and is either a 7S or 78. If anyone knows anything about this brand, I would appreciate the information. thanks, [Big Grin]

#4 little_mom52

little_mom52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

Hey everyone! I have a 7 yr old bay gelding that has no papers but he does have a brand. I was told that he came from mexico. I wondered if anyone has ever seen a brand with 3 symbols on top of each other. on the bottom is a sideways y in the middle is a U and on the top is a v shape that looks like a flying birds wings. I would love to find out where he came from because he has at one time had a bad accident that left him scarred on his face with his nose broken and scars on his ears and a dent in his forehead skullbone. He acts normal and is very healthy. he has a very low tailset and long legs but is only 15 hands. He also has a little white spot on his forehead. This little horse is broke to the hilt and can do rollbacks, pivots, stops and spins and barrels! he can also do team penning and is a great cutting horse. I would love to find what ranch he came from so i maybe could find out what happened to him. i felt sorry for him and bought him from a local meat dealer to save him. that was two years ago now and hes the greatest! Any ideas on how to find his brand?

#5 BethanyW

BethanyW

At Peace With My Inner Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:04 PM

Try the livestock (Dept of Agriculture/Livestock division) of Arizona. I looked all over the place in brand registries looking for my gelding's brand. His brand is a three clawed bear paw and wasn't aywhere. While they couldn't help me other than to say that it was a Mexican brand the guys that work there seem to have a really good knowledge of many brands from mexico. Apparently most haven't changed in a hundred years. I faxed a drawing of mine to them and they called back.
I was sorry to hear about your guy's injuries, mine too came with severe scars but is super talented.

#6 dm207491

dm207491

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

Hi, I also have a horse purchased at auction that I would like to trace if possible. She is approximately 22 years old, I purchased her 4 years ago at Blackstone, Va. She was the skinniest horse there. She is also trained for cutting and I was told by previous owners that she had come from a cutting horse ranch out west? She is 14.3 with a brand on her left front shoulder and is either a 7S or 78. If anyone knows anything about this brand, I would appreciate the information. thanks, [Big Grin]

#7 ACowgirlsOutlaw

ACowgirlsOutlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I have a horse i was told was trained by mexicans, he's a very good horse and i love him to death, i even have a picture of his brand, i'd love to find where he's from etc. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  064.JPG   198.71K   0 downloads