Need Obstacle course ideas !
Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:42 AM
Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:11 AM
This was a Pirates of the Carribean themed ride with 10 obstacles:
1. Pirate Flag Maze - pick up a little flag hanging from a tree, ride maybe 100 feet and deposit it into a bucket.
2. Walking the Plank - they had a blue tarp with a peice of plywood layed over it. The horses had to walk over the plywood and over some of the tarp.
3. Return the Gold - get a horse shoe from a tree and drop it into a garbage can.
4. Sword Play - they had circles painted on the ground with 2 barrels, a parot on one, a sword on the other. You had to pick up the parrot, stay inside the painted lines, go to the next barrel, back up a little, put the parrot down, pick up the sword and put it on the 1st barrel.
5. Treasure Chest Drag - this was one of those extreme cowboy things. A nylon bag with a long rope. Get the rope off a sword stuck in a tree, drag the bag around 2 other trees and drape the rope back over the sword.
6. Anchors Away: They had anchors made out of horse shoes. You had to pick one up from a barrel, walk between 2 corrals with horses in them, and drop the anchor in a water trough.
7. Hanging of Peg Leg - They had a scarecrow on a pully. You had to face the scare crow and pull on a rope until he was totally off the ground.
8. Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum - They actually had a bar set up. You had to ride up to the bar, pick up a pitcher of water, pour a glass, put the pitcher back down, pick up the glass and toast Peg Leg, then put your glass back down.
9. Treasure Hunt - they had a little ring set up. You had to walk around decorated barrels, then weave ficus trees, then circle a tee pee, walk ground poles and pick up a coin from a table in less than a minute.
10. Bell of the the Pearl - they had what was kind of like a tree fort. You had to ride up under the tree fort and pull a rope to ring a bell.
Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:44 PM
Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:10 PM
1) a bridge
2) a series of cone to weave through
3) a barrel with a hay bag on it, to pick up
4) 2 barrels or cones for a back through
5) a ground tie
6) a square ( to circle in)
7) a small jump
8) a mail and bucket
9) a log (to walk over)
10) a side pass
Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:28 PM