24 replies to this topic

#1 quarterflash

quarterflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,619 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

Isn't she the MOST FUN mare to watch run? Jessica Sears is just blessed by her.

ALSO ... really liked the May (?) girls black horse.

Tanna Poppina? Although her horse has to be VERY effective and great in his own right ... she'd have a hard time giving him to me from what I saw of the NFR.

#2 rodeoforlife

rodeoforlife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Yes but her name is " Lindsay Sears" From Nanton Alberta. The girl is an awsome rider, she always has her horses head and shoulders just right around those turns. They are an awsome team. I look forward to seeing them run next season and hopefully winning the world. Good luck in 08 Lindsay!!!

#3 Sangria

Sangria

just hanging out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:11 AM

Not all horses are suited for the Thomas and Mack arena. Just qualifying while mainly riding one horse and having a job speaks voulumes. Put him in a different setting and then rethink. [Smile]

#4 quarterflash

quarterflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,619 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

Ooops ... apologies to Lindsey Sears' fans. [Embarrassed] I was too busy being thrilled with her mare to pay much attention to her.

And yes Sangria ... again, I'm very sure Ms. Poppino's horse is a great horse. I feel about him like I felt watching Hot Shot work at the finals. Nice horse, the minute he cocked his head to the outside at a barrel I'd be the idiot jockey trying to 'FIX' him.

Not my kind, dear. Sorry.

#5 Vegas By Storm

Vegas By Storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

yup, that's one heck of a mare, no matter where you run her!

#6 ettamakindust

ettamakindust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

The funny thing is Lindsay Sears commented a little while back about how Martha doesn't normally run good indoors.. She sure was smoking at the finals though!
I absolutely LOVE tanna poppino's horse...he didn't have a great NFR but he normally runs so much better than he did...i fell in love with him at last years finals. Him and Stitch are my favorites [Big Grin]

#7 Partner N Crime Enterprises

Partner N Crime Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

I don't really care for Stich, there's just something about him that just seem right. Not saying that he's not a good horse, obviously he's doing something right, but the horse I really REALLY liked was the little Buckskin mare that Molly Powell ran the last 3 rounds at the NFR. Something about here says Superstar! ha ha! I also really liked Jill Moodys mare Dolly/Molly.

#8 laffypataffy

laffypataffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:51 PM

Martha is sooo much fun to watch! I love her! They make a great team! I also really like Jill Moody's grey horse.

#9 quarterflash

quarterflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,619 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by laffypataffy:
Martha is sooo much fun to watch! I love her! They make a great team! I also really like Jill Moody's grey horse.

Martha! [Not Worthy]

Now Miss Jill's gray horse ... that was the gray that ran in the gag?

#10 Partner N Crime Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

There was 2 grey horses that ran one a mare one a gelding, Jill Moody was the one running the mare, she won a few rounds, I don't think the grey gelding put in anything extrodanary! I don't know what kinda bits they were running in either! Sorry!

#11 c-cross ranch

c-cross ranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

Yes is was Jill's horse Dolly that was run in a gag. She is a dear friend of mine and I am lucky enuf to own a 1/2 sister to that mare, that Jill has helped me with. [Yay]

#12 Partner N Crime Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Thats so cool c-cross I saw her mare run a few times this year at other rodeos and everytime I saw that horse I was like WOW.

#13 quarterflash

quarterflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,619 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:11 AM

Yes ... Dolly is a lovely mare, too.

Care to share that pedigree? How's she bred?

#14 sugarbabe.

sugarbabe.

it's hard to be humble when you're a RAZORBACK fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

I was really impressed with most everybody at this years NFR.
Lindsay's Martha really fired and made the race interesting.
I LOVE Molly Powell's buckskin, Kat. That is a niiiice little horse and I can almost bet we'll be seeing a lot more of him.
Jill and Dolly were also a very fun team to watch at this years NFR.
& Stitch,wow it doesn't get more rock solid consistant than him!

I'm excited for the 2008 season.

#15 Ms Katie Pars

Ms Katie Pars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

Didnt they say that buckskin of Mollys was only ran 3 times prior..it's a young horse right? What an awesome horse he'll be. Good Luck to Lindsay and Martha.. in 08,(Lartha..haha) I was very impressed with Jills horse as well, that horse is awesome. Overall, all of those horses deserve to run at the NFR.
Great NFR, remember how many others that didn't make the NFR that have as much talent as these girls that they running against, it ain't easy getting there. [Big Grin]

#16 sugarbabe.

sugarbabe.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ms Katie Pars:
Didnt they say that buckskin of Mollys was only ran 3 times prior..it's a young horse right? What an awesome horse he'll be. Good Luck to Lindsay and Martha.. in 08,(Lartha..haha) I was very impressed with Jills horse as well, that horse is awesome. Overall, all of those horses deserve to run at the NFR.
Great NFR, remember how many others that didn't make the NFR that have as much talent as these girls that they running against, it ain't easy getting there. [Big Grin]

I'm thinking that it was Sherrylyn Johnson who was riding the horse that has only been to threee rodeos[not sure though..]

Molly's Kat has been ran before...but he's young.

#17 CanChasingonJet

CanChasingonJet

NaNaNaNa Batman!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:34 PM

quote:

No Kat was ran a good bit this year. Sherry Lynn Johnsons sorrel horse was 5 and had only been to 3 rodeos prior to running in the 3rd round of the NFR.

#18 Sangria

Sangria

just hanging out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CanChasingonJet:
quote:

No Kat was ran a good bit this year. Sherry Lynn Johnsons sorrel horse was 5 and had only been to 3 rodeos prior to running in the 3rd round of the NFR.
Only been to 3 rodeos with her.

The horse had been ran at a lot of rodeos with it's owners

#19 CanChasingonJet

CanChasingonJet

NaNaNaNa Batman!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sangria:
quote:
Originally posted by CanChasingonJet:
quote:

Only been to 3 rodeos with her.

The horse had been ran at a lot of rodeos with it's owners

No it had not. Sherry Lynn ran View This Jet all year. View this Jet got hurt before one of the tour finale's. They were hoping he would be better before the NFR but he was not...View This Jet is also older then 5.

#20 Shy_Ky

Shy_Ky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

If I remember correctly also the horse in question has been ran a lot by it's owner/rider but had only been to 3 RODEOS. Not saying it hadn't been ran but I'm with CCJ on this one.

#21 Sangria

Sangria

just hanging out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

She was running Fish (also a sorrel 5 yr old), not Snoopy. Fish had been ran all year by a youth, won the Josey reunion (I think), won a round at the Josey youth world and qualified for the UPRA finals.

#22 goin9-0

goin9-0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

Sangria is correct about Fish. he qualified for the UPRA finals with Sassy Jae Thompson. he's been run at MANY rodeo's, just not with SLJ.

HEY QF! [Huggy] where you been hiding? [Smiley Wavey]

#23 c-cross ranch

c-cross ranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Dolly is by Mr Illuminator, he is a double bred Gre BadgerII, I can't off the top of my head remember the dam side, but it is running bred. [Smiley Wavey]

#24 quarterflash

quarterflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,619 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

Hey Ms. Goin 9-0! [Smiley Wavey]

I was in the marshes of SW Louisiana until Boyd Gaming CORPORATE jacked that deal up. A least I can't say I was run off by the Cajuns, it was those VEGAS thugs that got me. The Coon ***** have MUCH more class ... and nicer accents, too, char.

Back in Missouri with a fresh Rebel Dasher prospect. I may be able to start him and be fit enough to ride him in 2008, not being married to the track anymore.

This is the dream ... from my mouth to the ears of God.

And YOU, Gurlie-Gurl? How's Stretch and Life treating you?

[Huggy]

C-Cross? It's just hard to get those GB II horses NOT to work, isn't it? Best of luck!

#25 sugarbabe.

sugarbabe.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

Oh and for the record Molly Powell's Kat is 8.

(uuhh...i think!)