Quantcast

Photo

Fatbaby Vs Probaby Vs Showbaby Vs Rodeobaby...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

I ate the lotus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Shopping for a pair. Long time ago, I wanted some fatbabies but then they came out with probabies. That's what I meant to buy now but... dang, now there's showbabies!

I will be using the boots for general riding, and shows. I like these, but if showbabies cost more than probabies then probably not. Looking for dark ones to go with my outfit.

Look like a woman
Act like a lady
Talk like a man
Work like a dog

#2 dixiecowgirl25

dixiecowgirl25

Cowgirls Don't Cry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have probabies and I love them. Most comfy boot I've ever worn. I didn't know they had showbabies now? Wow I will have google them!
I've finally met a board buddy!! Vicklynn, Tuper, HFF, Bella Notte, DriftinMom & the DriftinKidlets, Colspal, mrs, LongingToRun, KatyBlackJack, TrottingRightBehind,Loranbama & family AND HarleyNSH & Sam! Who's next?

#3 scapoose

scapoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,405 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

Call me weird, I don't like riding in any of them, even though they say you can with the pro and show babies. They are just to clunky and wide still. I have a pair of the Pros and they are nice. Tried on the Shows and they felt about the same honestly.
I actually met 14 board buddies!
hastflicka, xpasocorto, myDakota, Remy, wrangler, silverdreamer3, audrey-mae, Lopin Leopard, Adoro Reina, PacaPaca, Bryna, Sweetaddiction, Havanapp82, and Zephyr's Mom

#4 Stars_Morab

Stars_Morab

I come from the land of ice and snow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

I have a pair of the pro's and I LOVE THEM. I do agree on them being a bit wider, but dang it if I don't have some wide arse feet. I've tried others but they pinch my feet so bad I have to get a size bigger and then they don't fit anywhere else on my foot.

I didn't know they had showbabies now? I'll have to check them out.

~Stars

Posted Image

Naughty By Review on Facebook

Board Buddies I've met:Lopen28, Justcowin, Serendell, PASOLOVER, pelirrojaloca, RedneckcowgirlMN, Equi_librium, CJF Farrier, spanishwalkinwannabe,have I met you yet?
OH so proud member of the "Crap On a Cracker My Luck Sucks!" club

#5 Smooth IE

Smooth IE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Stars_Morab @ May 21 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a pair of the pro's and I LOVE THEM. I do agree on them being a bit wider, but dang it if I don't have some wide arse feet. I've tried others but they pinch my feet so bad I have to get a size bigger and then they don't fit anywhere else on my foot.

I didn't know they had showbabies now? I'll have to check them out.

~Stars

Same here, I have really wide feet, so I LOVE my Probabies. So, so comfy!

I'd go with the Pro's. I don't like the light strip around the sole of the show's. It's distracting IMO.

If you want something for show though, most people stay away from the crepe sole, and use boots like this:

eta: IF you're going to use them for both everyday and show, then I'd definitely just get the probabies. I hate the traditional cowboy boots for everyday riding.

Edited by Smooth IE, 21 May 2009 - 02:37 PM.

#6 KnoxCountyRacer

KnoxCountyRacer

Coonhound Wrangler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have a pair of probaby lacers and just LOVE them!! Ariats are the only boots i will wear anymore, so roomy!!
In riding a horse, we borrow freedom.

Run the Woods!

'PR' GROEPER'S SMKN LADY
'PR' GROEPER'S LADY ANTEBELLUM
'PR' GROEPER'S SMKN MAGNUM

Thanks Sunny06!!

#7 Apps4Life

Apps4Life

Chief Turd Burglar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

I want these so bad..

They hug my heel so much better than the Fatbaby and the Probaby boots do and just feel super comfy. I was skeptical with the low tow box, but the salesman egged me into trying them on and I fell in love. I agree, I love Ariats and those are the only boots that I'll buy.

Edited to get the link to work.

Edited to also add, these are the Ariat Showbaby Square Toe in Shallot and Ocean Teal.

Edited by Apps4Life, 21 May 2009 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

BBs Met: ShezaSmokinGun, Mule_Freak's mom =), Kristina, Demon's Mom, SpottedT, MUT, Ratts, Notyo, HFF (and Bella), Pinky, Chey, Lora, Lash, Tuck, BB Blue, Hoofs In Motion, Got Barrels?, Meeker, Tuper, The Sugar Lady, Harley, journeysgirl, BuddyRoo, KatieMay, MizParker, DiamondJake, QuarterFlash, Andi, SweetAddiction, RunninColors, SCSpots, Heidi and FLEquus!

RIP Misty, thank you for teaching me so much

~Samantha~
My Tack for Sale

#8 cowgurl_up

cowgurl_up

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

I've had two pairs of ariats, first pair was the fatbabies, then the lace up ones. I loved them both, I just got a new pair of boots, but I got Boulet Boots, I LOVE them, they are super comfy once they are broken in... got mens size because my feet are very wide too. Might be worth checking into :] they are nice for everyday & show

quarterflash's official minion. and bumper's too ; the true eski

Melanie and the boys:
Gunner; 1996 qh/arab gelding, retired pasture puff
"Take a Divine Chance" - Glenn; 2005 reg. QH gelding, my up and comer...

#9 Stars_Morab

Stars_Morab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

Yeah. I've tried, and I can NOT do the square toe. My feet rebel against those.

~stars

Posted Image

Board Buddies I've met:Lopen28, Justcowin, Serendell, PASOLOVER, pelirrojaloca, RedneckcowgirlMN, Equi_librium, CJF Farrier, spanishwalkinwannabe,have I met you yet?

#10 cowgurl_up

cowgurl_up

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Stars: check out these boots, http://www.bouletboo...=...=1&CatID=17 they are a bit pricier, but they fit awesome, and they come in EEE lol. if they fit my feet, they HAVE to fit yours :P

Melanie and the boys:

#11 cowgurl_up

cowgurl_up

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

http://www.bouletboo...=...=17&PID=205 those are the ones I have and my friend, along with a few other people I know, only heard good about them. :]

Melanie and the boys:

#12 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

I ate the lotus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Thanks guys! I will be going to the tack store soon to figure out my size. Probably not buying since they probably won't have my size in a color I like, and I want to save money. The second might not work out though because even eBay isn't looking too promising. I don't want to risk eBay just to save $20, poo!

*hopes the big foot fairy is at the upcoming tack sale*
Look like a woman
Act like a lady
Talk like a man
Work like a dog

#13 Stars_Morab

Stars_Morab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well you can always just figure out the size that you want at the tack store and order the color you want online? That is what I ended up doing. Then you KNOW you are getting exactly what you want.

~stars

Posted Image

#14 journeysgirl

journeysgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Fat babies and Probabies are pretty much the same boot. The difference is the sole. The FB's have a lug sole were as the PB's have a smooth sole. THEN there is the SB square toe (as pictured from above.) Which I have in my store and they are MUCH cuter in person then in a picture. Those SB's have thinner rubber sole then the regular FB's and PB's.

Any way you look at it they are all comfy. You should be able to go into your local dealer and if they don't have what you want in stock they should be able to order it for you with no problems.

1c958838-4475-4695-b61d-b8ec73e28191_zps

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.
The winds of heaven blow between my horses ears (Arab proverb)
Everyday you are unhappy is a whole day wasted not being happy.
Eff em and feed em fishheads!

Member of the "I met a board buddy club" : MarsCandyBar, Apps4life, Appyluver, Snowyhorse, Greenhaven

#15 Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

My first and by far favorite pair of Ariats--several years ago, were ropers.
I wore them until they literally fell apart.

Then I shopped for another pair--again, wanted ropers. Nary to be found......
I eventually found a nice, taller, black, simple boot. Love them.

Soon shall need a new pair....and I want another practicle Ariat boot. Ariats are tops for comfort for sure!

However, I don't want any 'baby' anything. Just regular boots, thank you! Made to fit a stirrup or to walk in comfortably all day. Tall enough on my leg to offer some protection from, for example, rattlesnakes. Ariat comfort to do it all, work or dress.

There is one major thing about Ariats that I do not like. They are made overseas.
Thank you God, for kids and horses, for lilac bushes, for vanilla ice cream, for books to read, and for friends to share the wonderful experience of life.

#16 foreveruntamed

foreveruntamed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

I loved my fatbaby's. The lasted forever and they were super comfy. I wore them everywhere, store, barn, field work, work, riding, and I would have wore them to bed if my bf would have let me. I wore them till they pulled away from the sole and my pinky toe was hangin' out, actually I still wore them a little bit after that. I just got a pair if Justin Gypsy boots for Christmas, and the part between the heal and the toe has already broke and makes a funny clickin' noise when I walk. They are comfy but didn't hold up like the Ariats.