Quantcast

Photo

Ok,..what Does It Mean When Your Body Temp Drops?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

It not unusual to be loved by anyone!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

and just took mt temp cuz my family has been sick with some stomach bug,..and I was FREEZING,..sitting here,.and it's 96.3?????

I took it twice,..15 minutes apart.

What does this mean?

shocked.gif

#2 Theo

Theo

I'm not as tall as I sound.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,543 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (ShelleyC @ Jul 22 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and just took mt temp cuz my family has been sick with some stomach bug,..and I was FREEZING,..sitting here,.and it's 96.3?????

I took it twice,..15 minutes apart.

What does this mean?

shocked.gif

I don't know Shelley, but it can't be good! huggy.gif
Do you have a clinic near by? At least someplace to call?
Chico-15 year old Tennuvian. Yeah I know, but "they" say it's a breed.

Board Buddies I've Met: F&J's Mom, Double Dee, Barklay's My Bay, Buddyroo, Lynnehall, Pinky, Sugah, Demon's Mom, CassienChey, Jack Baumgartner.

#3 DraftHorse

DraftHorse

The receiver of packages and the inhabitant of dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

You definitely could be coming down with something. A virus will sometimes cause your body temperature regulator to "reset", hence the drop in temp. Often, such a cold spell is followed by rebound fever, so be on the lookout.

I met a board buddy, Bend N Flex. (Oh, there you are, bendy!!!)
Was in the same state as, and chatted on the phone with, PacaPaca and yankeeviper. Way cool ladies!

#4 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

Crap! My nephew posted on his Facebook that both his boys AND him have fevers and strep! I spent all day sunday with them and me,my mom and Andy all have symptoms!

I am shaking like a leaf!

Swine flu maybe?

#5 DraftHorse

DraftHorse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

My prediction is something's brewing, something that probably is going to whack you with a high fever.

Logic tells me if you were exposed to strep, it's most likely strep. Swine flu, unless it is highly active in your community at present, is the lesser of the suspects.

If your throat becomes extremely sore, get to a doctor for antibiotics. You do not want to ignore strep and hope it goes away on it's own.
Was in the same state as, and chatted on the phone with, PacaPaca and yankeeviper. Way cool ladies!

#6 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

Swine flu, unless it is highly active in your community at present, is the lesser of the suspects.

Highly active. Not sure how many,..will have to google,,..but a few people in the county next to me have died from it.

My great nephew goes to Daycare in Orange County.

will check the stats.

#7 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

JUst chekced,..95.9.
Crap!

#8 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

WTH??? 95.9!

Damnit!

#9 Debi Z

Debi Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Shelley, do you know what your normal body temp is? 98.6 is an average. Your normal temp could be higher or lower, mine is lower. In fact, if my temp gets up to 98.6, I'm running a fever.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. For it is the power of God to salvation to everyone that believeth, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by Me.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I've met the following board buddies: KLN and Staci (fellow boarders) Irishsheets, Kerosene, and Jeremiah Bullfrog.

#10 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

I am freezing and I am going to bed! Hopefully,.I will be fine in the am.

Thanks for the suggestions!

If not,..I'll have hubby bring my laptop to the hospital!

smileywavey.gif

#11 Jazzmatazz

Jazzmatazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

Shelley, I just got over a bout of the flu with a wicked high fever. My temp was doing the same thing and dropped way low (96.2), too. Then it went up to 101.9. I asked the same question and did some googling. Didn't find anything really pertinent to the flu, but a slow down in metabolism can do it and according to multiple sources can also reflect sleep patterns. If someone say is insomniac, their body temp will be lower than normal. Not really much info out there on it.

Please do take care and I really hope you are not coming down with a bug. Get some rest and all that stuff they tell us to do. Aspirin, fluids, chicken soup, someone to wait on you hand and foot. Hope you feel better soon.
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->The only thing that's going to fix this situation is a good amount of duct tape.

I REFUSE TO HAVE A BATTLE OF WITS WITH AN UNARMED OPPONENT.

<!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#48d1cc--><span style="color:#48d1cc"><!--/coloro-->
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#2f4f4f--><span style="color:#2f4f4f"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>

</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#12 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the info guys! I am usually a textbook body temp of 98.6-98.9. The lowest I can remember my body temp getting was 97.5 in the doctors office where the ac was on and I was in shorts and was cold anyway.

I think you're right. I have had this stomach bug all week since Sunday,..my husband missed work on Monday due to it and my mom had it by Tuesday afernoon.

Wasn't til last night that I got cold though. Prior I had been sweating and hot flashing alot especially in my sleep.

My blood pressure has been completely under control lately,..running right around 126/76-128/80 which for me is outstanding!

Prior to getting some good medication for anxiety? My BP was SCARY high. 200/110 at times,..usually around 180/98 most days.

I have had completely normal BP without BP meds for 4 weeks now!YAY!

My throat isn't sore yet but I do have a scratchiness in it.

Am watching close for strep since I now know I was exposed to it.

I've had it many times,..including the HC camping trip a few years ago.

Ugh. well at least for right now I am not freezing!

Queezy,..but not freezing!

It's 98.7 right now.

thats better!

Thanks for the info!

#13 migo

migo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:22 AM

Do not ignore strep!
(for everyone reading this, not just the OP)

I know because it is fairly common, a lot of people don't take it seriously - I didn't and lost a kidney and damaged my heart when I was only 20.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'WOO HOO what a ride!'

#14 tequilaskye

tequilaskye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

my husband's temp does this when he is sick. He does not usually run a temp like a normal person his goes down. His Dr knows to look for it, you are sick and have a virus or infection. He was told the body somehow knows a "bug" lives at your "ideal" 98ish degrees so up or down should kill the invader.
Get Spotted Ride an Appaloosa!

Turfgrass Managment Degree

Now Horseless, again! Oct 1, 2009 For good?

Show me a Horse and I will tell you about his owner!- Unknown

#15 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

Well,..apparantly,.now knowing about my auto immune disease(no not AIDS,.it's another one!LOL) I think I figured it out.

I went to get in the shower and started scrubbing under my arms and YOUCH! A huge grape sized boil had started! That explains it.

With my HS,..I guess this is what happens just before a boil pops up. I've never had one in my armpit before but it is common with my disease. I had forgotten how painful and large these things are when they start because the area mine are generally in is so scarred that they don't usually reach this painful stage.

It's all the stress with this mess with my doctor cancelling my procedures.

Stress is the number one factor in my disease and my body must have reacted(overreacted) to the oncoming infection by trying to lower itself to a point where the invading bacteria couldn't fester.

It didn't work.

After talking to my friends on my HS support website,.they said this is exactly how they know a boil is coming. Body temp drops to try to reverse the process. It's the nature of the disease.

Lovely. Anyway,..thanks for the support!It scared me to death last night to be so cold at 80 degrees outside in florida!

#16 DraftHorse

DraftHorse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

Interesting.

Now that you know the warning signs, maybe you can start pre-medicating before the lesion manifests.

If you ever manage to get in to see a doctor (can't believe the run around you've gotten), ask about that.

#17 ShelleyC

ShelleyC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,156 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

Drafrhorse,..yeah that'd be nice if I could but since I don't know what area the boil is gonna show up in it is hard! There is no cure for this and no known medications for certain that can prevent the boils.

It isn't the same as treating acne.

But at least now I will know to expect one,..wherever it shows up!

A thorough check of my body on that night (at least the areas I can see!LOL) might help me but the same basic routine I use to try to manage it now is the same one I'd use on that day of that temp drop anyway.

Until I have my colonoscopy done,.since I don't know if I have Crohn's or colitis or colon cancer,..no new meds are being added since none have been proven to be effective in fighting or eliminating the side effects of this disease anyway.

BUt at least now I know!

My body overreacts to everything now!