6 replies to this topic

#1 zaar

zaar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hey Jack, or anyone else, know anything about Fred Mueller out of Denver, Colo. I have an old saddle w/his maker stamp on it sitting around here.
Ride trails, sometimes fast and furious. Own two kigers, one mustang and one plantation
walker.

#2 Jack Baumgartner

Jack Baumgartner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

I'd buy it if its in good shape, is all there and just needs cleaning and conditioning. I've had several Fred Muellers.

Here's what my reference says: Fred Mueller was born in the mid 1860's in St. Louis, Missouri. His first saddle shop was opened in 1891 at the historical address of 1415 Larimer Street, Denver, Colorado. It was located one block away from the West's first Wells Fargo office.

Mueller believed a cowboy should be able to do all his shopping at one shop. In addition to saddles, chaps and gun rigs, he carried spurs, bits, clothes, hats, boots and anything else a cowboy would need for himself or his horse.

He sold the business to his employees in 1917 and it continued until 1957. Mueller was known for making a sturdy, dependable saddle. He died in 1924.

Hope this helps.

Care to show us a picture?
Saddletramp

#3 zaar

zaar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Here's a pic for you...

also have a BONNY SADDLE made by the saddle maker in The Dalles, Oregon. He made my dad and brothers ropin saddles ages ago. Anyway this saddle he made for a lady who showed arabians. I just got lucky getting my hands on it.

Ride trails, sometimes fast and furious. Own two kigers, one mustang and one plantation
walker.

#4 xcanchaserchicx

xcanchaserchicx

Runnin' barrels is my anti-drug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

That first saddle looks nice a comfy!
~Rae AKA "Slinky's Girl" given by JPParadiseRanch (LOL)
------------
Proud owner of Slinky - 2002 OTTB gelding

R.I.P Mariah (11.8.08) - You will never be forgotten sweet mare!
R.I.P G-Man (8.8.09) - You were the guiding light to my barrel racing addiction!
R.I.P Kahlua (8.21.10) - You gave my friend the world, you will be deeply missed!

Can Chaser for Life Baby!
MSN: xcanchaserchicx@live.com OR Facebook Me: xcanchaserchicx@gmail.com
*add 380 as barrelracinsyd (May 2002)*

Credit to Trail Hoss 2

Member of the "I Ran Out Of Horsemanship" Club!

I met board buddies! KahLuaChic77, AltAdenA Cowgirl, Three*C*Champs, Zakima, Zmecky, RP......Who's next?

#5 mydakota

mydakota

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Here is a pic of an old Fred Mueller I saw in a saddle shop here in Redmond about a year or so ago.

I am a fan of the old Hamley's myself. There was a great old Hamley in this shop that I went in to take pics of and the Mueller was right there and looked like a good old saddle, so I got a few shots of it as well, hoping that Jack might enjoy them.
I got 2 wonderful horses at Emerald Valley Equine Assistance Horse Rescue.
Dakota-6 year old bay Quarab gelding
Macai-17 year old black Arab mare

May your horse never stumble, your cinch never break
Your belly never grumble, your heart never ache.

Until you learn to always take care of your horse before you take care of yourself, your horse can never be expected to take care of you. (Grandpa Thompson)

R.I.P. Kelso, Half Arab gelding B ? 1961, D 12-17-94 my companion for 23 years.
R.I.P. Nerak, Arabian gelding B March 1973, D 2-14-00 my companion for 25 years.
I will listen for your hoofbeats in heaven.

I met a few board buddies! MondaesMom, Andi, Audrey Mae, Silverdreamer3, Red Ripley, Beaucephus, Desperate Horsewife, Rodentra, Mrs. , xpasocorto, Scapoose, Paca Paca, Adoro Reina, Remy, LightningStrikesTwice and Quarterflash!

#6 zaar

zaar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hey dakota, that is a beautiful saddle. Something I would have bought. Those saddle are so-o-o-o-o comfy.
walker.

#7 kitten-kat

kitten-kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Ok me wants... very very pretty saddles.. now I know what I want to find if i look for a western saddle.

yes I am dyslexic, and no i dont have spell check anymore.. sorry..

Great place for Utah, and those Visitng Utah can come find a friend or a safe group, to ride with

https://www.facebook...ahtrailfriends/

Proudly Owned by "Daniel", an 04 Buckskin Tennuvian Gelding, and "Lrya", a beautiful little 2.5 year old  Buckskin Peruvian Paso filly.  Both bring a lot of joy and sanity to my life. I cant wait for the riding seasons..

Please Click On my Baby Dragon Eggs and Baby Dragons so they will grow up big and strong.

[/url]">PumKy.gif