11544 replies to this topic

#1 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

smileywavey.gif Hey out there my friend Shylady and I Meekie have decided to start a thread where you can come and talk about our everyday lives our families , as well as our furry family memebers. We want it to be G rated and above all FRIENDLY. So come join us. huggy.gif

HAPPY TRAILS............Debby
"My Boys" Tennessee Walking Horses
Walker Joe (Walker) Blue Chip Dream (Blue) Major Heartbreak (Major/Abe)

#2 mehpenn

mehpenn

Christian Cowgirl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Sounds great!

~Mary~
Penley Farms

~*You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.*~

#3 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hey welcome guys and that is great what a thoughtful hubby you got there.

#4 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

We want to talk about whatever is on your mind or in your lives. Especially horses of course! Want to be a family group you know.

#5 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

mehpenn- Aww Elizabeth is a darling. Oops that's Ella. sorry these old eyes can't read the fine print. Anyway she's really a cutiel

Lindsey- sounds like you have a keeper there.

Right now, I don't know if I should kiss my husband of 42 years or kick him. Trying desperately to lose weight and he bought me a BOX of fudge bars from the ice cream man and brought me in one. He knows I can't resist them.

Edited by shylady, 17 December 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Patty'sPali

Patty'sPali

Oh Look Big Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

I'm in! happy0203.gif

So who's ready for winter? It is still only fall. crazy.gif

I can't wait till the twenty second and the days to start getting longer. It get's dark at four thirty and I can't get anything done.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Did you ever notice the Roman Numerals for 40 are XL?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#7 Lindsay H

Lindsay H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'm ready for winter now! What with my new blanket and all, haha!

Seriously though, I'm dreading it. I hate that I think its 9 when its only 4:30, lol. I personally plan to try my hand at hibernation until spring.

#8 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Hi all, I just got done sitting in the gym watching my nonhorsey son's wrestling meet. It was senior night and he is a senior. He is my only one who does sports so it is kind of fun. Miss my time with the horses but this is important too.
Leave only hoof prints!

#9 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Is it already the 22nd when that starts. Good cause I can't stand this short day stuff.

#10 Lindsay H

Lindsay H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

On the plus side though... CHRISTMAS!!!!! The only up side of winter, haha

#11 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Patti..... I hear ya I am so ready for spring already surrender.gif

Shy.... He really loves you! Just being a man rotf.gif Mine keeps tapping on the shoulder and tells me he is going to tell you if I have eat too much!

I guess I should explain to those of you who don't know us Shy and I became friends on the internet and we are trying to loose some ( well alot ) of extra pounds this winter. We want to make our horses happy next spring! crazy.gif

#12 Patty'sPali

Patty'sPali

Oh Look Big Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

Lindsey sounds like a great guy. Knows just how to warm your heart. But Lindsey if you tried the hibernating thing you would have to eat all kinds of grass and nasty stuff to slow down your metabolism. Yuck.

Shy.....Mmmmm fudgy.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Did you ever notice the Roman Numerals for 40 are XL?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#13 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hi Kids and also forgot to say Hi to you to Patti. Welcome aboard.

#14 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

Lindsey- I already tried that hibernation thing and no one would let me stay to sleep. Don't rush Christmas too much, I'm not ready --- well, I have ONE gift bought.

Kids- how did your son do in wrestling tonight? Another first?

Meekie- it's not to make my horse happy, it's to make me happy that I can climb up on him. That's a long way up there.

Pati- Ya fudgies my favorite. 110 calories apiece. It's the only chocolate I can eat without getting a migraine.

#15 Lindsay H

Lindsay H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Pati- I honestly think I might be able to down all that nasty stuff if it meant I could skip all this cold weather.
Shy-!!!! You better get moving! There's only 8, soon to be 7, day left!!! Tick Tock! haha

#16 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

Shy he is trying to get something from your maybe???? Hmm, men usually want something when they are being nice??

Meekie and Shy what are you doing to lose weight? I need to start that up again. I had lost 40 lbs a few years ago and have gained it back. I am thinking it is time to try to shed it again. I used weight watchers back then and walked. No money for weight watchers now though. Support is a wonderful thing. Good for you 2 to support each other.

To whomever thought it was still fall- honey you are just nuts. Somebody forgot to tell our weather it was still fall. And I agree with everybody else. Ready for the days to start getting longer. Yeah!
Leave only hoof prints!

#17 Patty'sPali

Patty'sPali

Oh Look Big Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Well it's seven thirty so I best be getting some dinner. Hubby is looking at me like I've lost my mind today. ....maybe I have. twitch.gif

I'll be back (said with the best Schwarzenegger accent I can muster)

#18 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Shy- he lost big time tonight. We are a little school and we were up against all rated schools. We had the top 10 schools and our team isn't rated. He didn't get hurt!
His car is in the shop so I am waiting for him to get done pciking up the mats (it was a home meet) so I can take him home. I haven't been home since 7 am. I am getting tired and grumpy.

Edited to fix wording.

Edited by kidsncritters, 18 December 2009 - 12:16 AM.

Leave only hoof prints!

#19 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

Lindsay..... I like the hybernation thought rotf.gif Bet I could really be skinny by spring. shocked.gif

#20 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Kids- What are we doing to lose weight. Ahhhhh trying to resist eating fudgie bars and good holiday things. My heart stopped when you said he got killed tonight, then I realized it was not literal.

Pati- it's almost 11 pm here

Lindsey- I usually do my shopping 5:30 am on Christmas Eve day and wrap all night long on Christmas Eve night. This year we are going to break tradition and go tomorrow and get somedone since I have this week off work. I supose you are one of "those" people who are all done and have it wrapped too like my daughter.

Meekie- ya skinny and grumpy like a bear. he he he

Edited by shylady, 17 December 2009 - 10:55 PM.

#21 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

Kids..... the support is the biggest thing for me. That and we are on another board that has a weekly weigh in. You don't have to post your wieght or even the amount you loose/gain just if you gained, lost or stayed the same. For me adjusting portion sizes and I have gotten some Kelloggs special K snack crackers ( 90 cal. for 24 of them) and Quaker rice snacks to munch on when hubby gets out the potatoe chips and when as a snack inbetween meals to keep the metabolism going. That is the hardest thing about loosing wieght after the age of 35 ( and I saw 35 a loooooooong time ago).

edited to add: yep Shy a really grumpy bear! LOL

Edited by meekie, 17 December 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#22 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

Shy sorry, he didn't win any matches. If something had literally happened to him like that I would be a wreck and would n't be able to post. That is my worst fear- something really bad happening to one of the kids. Luckily though he just lost his matches. I will watch my wording in the future. Sorry again.
Leave only hoof prints!

#23 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

Be back shortly got to go for a minute!

#24 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

This is what I don't want to have happen this week. We had quite enough of the stuff in three days to last me all winter.

#25 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

Mary which horses do you and your 7 yo daughter ride?

Kids- A friend of mine lost her husband in a car accident a month ago and I kind of take those things literal ever since then, before I even think. It was probably a let down tonight after winning on Sat. wasn't it.

Edited by shylady, 17 December 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#26 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

Well Shy I think we are off to a good start with this thread so far. I'm glad we went ahead and did this. Thanks to all of you who have posted so far! huggy.gif

#27 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

Yes, thanks to everyone. I hope you enjoy the company and the talk about our horses, and families and dogs and horses and riding and horses. you get the point.

We are going to get the Christmas tree tomorrow. Steve wants to get a living tree this year. I mean as in a pot tree to later plant outside type of tree. Has anyone else ever done this. Does it actually stay alive? I mean you can't dig a hole here in Michigan in the dead of winter.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone ever had their moniter purr like a cat. That's what mine started to sound like. NOT GOOD HAH?

Edited by shylady, 17 December 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#28 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hi guys! I'm in!
I picked up the kid from the bus stop with the horses today... I rode Rocket, our MFT who we just got back from training on Saturday, & ponied my pregnant QH mare up for my son to ride.

He took a pic of me on the gaited horse... who can now gait properly after 40 or so days in training... instead of a camel pacey thing he WAS doing...

My eyes aren't closed, I was keeping an eye on Rocket, this is my 2nd ride on him since I got him back. Before he left, he was kind of a jerk, & would randomly just... go. NOT where I wanted him to, & he had NO bend or flex (or whoa, really) whatsoever. Kinda like a car with a broken power steering belt & no brakes.... no fun at all to ride.
He's still got some learning to do, he's going to be 4 in March, but he has improved a LOT! Hopefully I don't screw him up, lol!

So HI everyone, I've had horses for 33 of my 39 years, & I have recently learned that I have a LOT to learn! It's funny how you ride so many "get on & Go" horses, & you think you've got it all mastered.. then you video yourself & realize what an idiot you look like, lol!

Oh, btw, my mare is due April 15th, she's on the foaling board, under 2010 babies.
smileywavey.gif

#29 meekie

meekie

Trailrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Shy.... I think we did that once when I was a kid. But I think Dad had planned ahead and dug the hole and filled it with sand and saved the dirt in the basement . Then we planted it after Christmas. I think it lived for a few years. We moved from that house when I was small so can't really remember all the details.

The purring monitar doesn't sound good to me friend! angel3.gif

#30 shylady

shylady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Red- love the picks. I am very jealous of seeing you ride though. I'm hoping some of the ice has left up at the stables. I really don't want to try riding on all the ice we got. You are soo lucky that your son is so into horses. That is great.

Meekie- so now you tell me. Do you think I can dig a hole here in Michigan in this frozen tundra? I was thinking maybe put it out in the back yard and cover the bottom with something to keep it from freezing solid like it would in the ground. Someone help me out here. My husband who used to hate Christmas actually has come up with a new IDEA for Christmas this year and I don't want to blow it.