6382 replies to this topic

#1 Schatzl

Schatzl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,364 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

Hi guys, here is the the circle of trust pt. II.

Fun fact I'm not sure if anyone picked up on...The "circle of trust" is kind of a humorous ode to Meet the Parents, how Robert De Niro's character has the circle of trust that one must be accepted into. Very fitting for romantic relationships, since trust is such a central theme.

Anyways, continue on with the relationshipin'
(not a word, but it works!).

Old thread:
http://forums.horsec...wtopic=47022202

Best wishes.

Edited by Schatzl, 24 September 2010 - 05:28 PM.

If you are going to be ignorant, let it not be in love. Love will carry you a long way

#2 EventDrifterChild

EventDrifterChild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

[quote]Shelb: Maybe i've been insanely blind or just confused but what exactly are you two? just friends i take it? im confused :( lol/quote]

Indestructible-We are friends..For now. I hope and fell it will one day become more. We are Close though. He is just coming away from a Divorce. His Ex was not good to him and it really tore him up. He is also 39..I'm 18...I "think" we both feel the same way but he is just not ready and is slightly unsure of everything.

But we spend a LOT of time together hanging out and goofing around and working.
In a perfect world I wouldn't have anyone but him.
But we all know the world is not perfect so we shall see!
Shelb

"Eventing.........two deeply dissimilar bodies and hearts and minds that, for some extraordinary, profound and magnificent reason, are prepared to work together in pursuit of the wild untrammelled joys of victory."- Simon Barnes

In Service to the Horse
"They're eventers, the equestrian equivalent of the Marines. Nothing short of a tornado or lightning bolts cracking down on the course will keep them from running."

"Theodore O'Connor 1995-2008" RIP
Pumpkin-10-15-08-RIP

Also/Was PerformanceNotGuaranteed

#3 BellaRider

BellaRider

farmer's daughter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

i want the next 2 months to be over soon so i can get on a plane and go see my babe. So i can get out of this college town and either go home and work or get a job and do my own thing.
>>Equestrian Sports<<
Do you have what it takes?

Country, from her cowboy boots to her down home roots
She's country, from the songs she plays to the prayers she prays,
That's the way she was born and raised, she ain't afraid to stay country
Nothin but country

"you're the sweetest thing i've ever known"....."you're my angel"
I love my fiance!!!!!

Proud owner of:
Bella-1997 QH x mare
Achilles-2004 minuature horse gelding
Sheba-2003 Sheltie female

#4 MarsCandyBar

MarsCandyBar

Boiler for Life - Loyalty Lives Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Yay for new beginnings!

I am so stoked about the future.

It's amazing how ever relationship builds on you as a person and as a character. You learn so much I think about who you are and what you want from a person.

I want someone who is not offended by the fact that I have a career and I'm smart and I'm going places.

I want someone who does not have an inferiority complex and doesn't think they are worthy of dating me. (this really ticks me off - if you weren't good enough I wouldn't be with you in the first place!)

I want someone who has the ambition and drive to go after what they love to do, not what is available and what comes easy.

Actually, I kind of want me in a mirror image of myself, but not quite - you know?

I'm fiesty and independent and incredibly strong willed - it's going to take quite a man to handle me.

In the mean time I will satisfy myself with vacations to warm beaches, flirting with boys, and shopping.
*~*Mars*~*

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

"Have faith in yourself, and reach for the sky. Have courage to show that you care. Leave footprints behind. Keep stars in your eyes. Build palaces high in the air. Seek happiness first. Go after the best. Try traveling paths that are new. Just follow your dreams. Find beauty in life. Aspire to love what you do."

#5 redrunnincowgirl

redrunnincowgirl

peace, love & fabulous boots

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,828 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

I'm really annoyed.

I've been seeing Lance since he moved back to NC. He was in college in Nashville and moved back in November. He is friends with my ex (we broke up in Oct..long story) but they weren't like super close or anything.

I went over to his house a week ago Tuesday. He introduced me to his parents and I personally thought everything went well. His parents were super excited that he was seeing someone and kept bringing up things we could all do together. We all sat around watching movies and talking and going through old pictures. Lance held my hand all night and was SO sweet. I got sweet kisses all night long and I was soo happy.

Now, he won't talk to me. I've texted him twice and he replies. I have to keep thinking of things to talk about to keep the convo going, but he's always been like that. I just think it's really weird that he doesn't initiate conversation and when I do invite him out or over, he ignores it....especially after things were going so well.

I'm kinda thinking in a way that he was almost using me so that he can tell my ex that he and I were together, thinking that my ex, Brett, will get mad or something. This really ticks me off because Brett means the world to me and I'm really upset that we aren't together right now (note, we've been on and off for the last year and some odd months.) The only reason I'm trying to date is because everyone is fussing at me for moping around and being depressed since Brett and I split.) (Also note that I'm at least the 2nd girl Lance dated that Brett has also dated. He dated Brett's ex gf/fiance of 3 years last summer..)

I'm confused because I've NEVER had a guy drop me like this. Usually I have to beat them off with sticks and get mean so they leave me alone, LOL.
I make the most of what comes and the least of what goes.

#6 JumperCrazy

JumperCrazy

Just Jump It

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

That's how it happened with me and The Jerk. It just became TOO hard for him to talk to me, it was ridiculous.

huggy.gif

Guys who can't be man enough to tell you when they want to be done aren't worth the time.
Bosses Big Deal "Eeyore" 1991 AQHA Gelding
My Partner
It Must Be Blue "Savannah" 2004 AQHA Mare
My Future

#7 Indestructible

Indestructible

©Indestructible Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (JumperCrazy @ Jan 7 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's how it happened with me and The Jerk. It just became TOO hard for him to talk to me, it was ridiculous.

huggy.gif

Guys who can't be man enough to tell you when they want to be done aren't worth the time.

HUGE ditto, as much as it hurts you just gotta let them go. :(

- --

Ok, so B likes me. Its so obvious now. He wants SO bad to have a movie night with me, and its like, i probably would like him a bit and would give him a shot if he wasn't moving two hours away. Anyhow, he is flirting much more, he is telling me im amazing, one day i had my status as "You know that I could use somebody, someone like you" and it was just a lyric from a song i was listening to, kinda reminded me of T, so i put it up. He texts me "I could use somebody like you too :)" so i kinda looked at it, did a whole "facepalm" thing and texted him saying. "uh, fyi that wasn't directed at you but awe none the less :)" or something along those lines. Everytime he flirts i have to turn it down and its starting to get old almost he gets upset if we "hardly talk" during the day. He's a sweet kid, i want him to be a close friend and nothing more, i want to be able to have movie nights with him, he makes me laugh, hes always there for me if i need someone to talk to.

I just can see this is getting weird between us, he has been soo upset lately over two girls turning him down, and then i have been there just as support to get through it. This is where i could tell he fell harder. I dont want to bring it up because i dont want to hurt him like these girls have, hes having SUCH a rough time and im scared if i sit down and talk to him that it just wont end good. I want to be able to have a movie night and not have him try anything, ugh :(. What should I do? Im at a loss. Should i just tell him i care about him as a friend and nothing more and let him react as he see's fit orr just let the move and the being away from me take its toll on his feelings?
Im at the point of breaking this is stressing me out, I want to just be kinda like "hey, so you know we're just friends right?" if he says something like "yes why?" id just say "cause you've been flirting and such quite alot lately". I dont know how else to subtly turn him down and tell him I dont like him like that without hurting him.

Like, you guys know how on facebook you put the colour of your bra on your status to promote Breast cancer awareness? he texted me "Thats a good colour for a bra :)"
and yesterday i got a few new movies, status was simply "Is going to be watching movies for awhile now :) movie night!" he messaged me "Sooo when's movie night? lol" There's a bunch else that he has said, this is long enough, if you are curious feel free to send a PM, id love to have more to talk to about this lol.

#8 JumperCrazy

JumperCrazy

Just Jump It

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Stevie, I haven't read your whole update, so I can't comment yet. But I read the bra/FB thing. I TOTALLY had no idea what that was. People kept having colors as statuses and it was severely bothering me, lol
Bosses Big Deal "Eeyore" 1991 AQHA Gelding
My Partner
It Must Be Blue "Savannah" 2004 AQHA Mare
My Future

#9 Indestructible

Indestructible

©Indestructible Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (JumperCrazy @ Jan 7 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stevie, I haven't read your whole update, so I can't comment yet. But I read the bra/FB thing. I TOTALLY had no idea what that was. People kept having colors as statuses and it was severely bothering me, lol

lol i know! i couldnt figure it out either till i asked my friend, then i had to do it just cause i felt the need to conform :P

#10 Ms.Macho

Ms.Macho

I'm a banananaNA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

haha stevie, I was totally lost too.. hahah half of my friends are all like "whatsup with the colors?" xD and then one of my guy friends was like "yellow, blue, pink, white, green, purple.." and he had noo idea it was about bras. We were all like "wow, you're pretty into support there, no?" haha.

anyways.
since this is relationshippy..
I basically figured that J1 (there's two J's now, so J1 is J that I thought may've liked me) doesn't like me in that way, he's just a generally friendly person. And a great friend, and I'm cool with that, because I realized I don't like him that way anyways. haha. I'm just glad I have a guy friend I can talk to. :)

Butt.. now there's J2, who I don't know is just being friendly or actually does like me. I met him at our co-op, and last time we had a legit chem class (back in december) he made sure he was sitting next to me for the lab, then we were hanging out afterwards in the gym and running around to different tables and chairs and he kept following me.
Then we had a brushup lesson during break, andd he wasn't able to sit next to me but he kept smiling at me throughout the whole thing. and afterwards we were just talking and he chugged a monster in like five seconds (he's crazy like that) and then he was all giddy and stuff, haha. and he was like "WATCH ME SMASH THE CAN AGAINST MY FOREHEAD!" which he did, and then he ended up with a cut on his forehead. typical guy. lol.

hah anyways, down to it, we were talking on AIM the other night, and it was the night before he left to go to Honduras for a missions trip.. we got on the subject of music and he told me he'd burn me a cd of this band I love, but then he was like "But I won't be here for a week and a half, which means I won't be able to see you for a week and a half. =( or talk to you for a week and a half. =(" among other things that kinda made me thing he may, butt.. idk if it's just him being friendly or whether he actually does like me.

haha.

twitter facebook
We were fated to pretend.

#11 Indestructible

Indestructible

©Indestructible Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Elyse lol I know i had a guy friend that was like "what is with all the colours?!....RAINBOW!!"

and as for the J2 thing, thats how B started out, and now its obvious he likes me so you just never know haha.

#12 barrelracer17

barrelracer17

Genuine Redhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (JumperCrazy @ Jan 8 2010, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh man I'm understanding now too!!

Ugh. So I'm basically dating boy #1. But #2 is wondering when we can hang out again...but he lives in another town and usually stays at my place and goes back the next morning. Which won't work because I would feel weird about that with me and #1...but me and #1 haven't had the talk about what we are yet and I really don't want to but I'd basically have to step up and face it if I told #2 the reason why I can't hang out.....I knew this would happen. Haha joy. That's what I get for exploring my options I suppose. I just like the whole casual yet exclusive thing I have with #1. Just not official. I like that. I guess I have commitment issues because I fear that every relationship has to end in marriage because that's basically why I broke up with my last boyfriend: because he wanted to marry me. I know I don't want to marry #1, but I do like him and enjoy spending time with him and he's really sweet. I keep meaning to have this whole talk with him but I don't want to ruin things right now because they're right where I want them. crazy.gif <--- Me. Haha.
Pippi Longstocking

~"If you are thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more.
If you concentrate on what you don't have you will never, ever have enough."~

#13 Kerosene

Kerosene

Little Miss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,645 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

Jackie - If he's not answering, they're usually not interested. I HATE guys like that who just have everything go super great, and then drop you like an old newspaper. Obviously you did nothing wrong, so my guess is it's his game or power trip he's going. Unless something major is going on in his life right now and he's just pretty distracted?
A cowgirl gets up in the morning, decides what she wants to do, and does it.

#14 redrunnincowgirl

redrunnincowgirl

peace, love & fabulous boots

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,828 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Kerosene @ Jan 7 2010, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jackie - If he's not answering, they're usually not interested. I HATE guys like that who just have everything go super great, and then drop you like an old newspaper. Obviously you did nothing wrong, so my guess is it's his game or power trip he's going. Unless something major is going on in his life right now and he's just pretty distracted?

It just doesn't make sense that all the sudden he's not interested, because we were pretty "hot and heavy" for a while and he made it very clear that he wanted a serious relationship. He flat out told me and told me I was everything he was looking for. Everything was great, we could talk about anything really, until Tuesday night.

But..he does work 2nd shift and sleeps all day until he goes to work at 2 (he works til 2am then is on call the rest of the night) so he has been pretty quiet since he started that job.

Edited by redrunnincowgirl, 07 January 2010 - 11:10 PM.

I make the most of what comes and the least of what goes.

#15 vito

vito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

Mars- to what you said earlier about being different when you're single vs. in a relationship.
My relationship with the ex. changed me in a lot of ways. It made me very depressed, I saw the world in a very bad way, I started putting up "guards" if that makes sense. As in I didn't want people to judge me so I judged them.

That is NOT who I want to be. Throughout my life I have been very accepting, had a very good "moral compass" (my dad's words). I always told my parents (even when I was younger, like a freshman in high school) "I would rather have someone hurt me, than hurt someone else". Which is absolutely true.

I caught myself today looking at a picture of my ex and his new gf and feeling jealous. And was able to turn my emotion. I honestly do wish them both the best. I want everyone to be happy.
I want to date someone nice. With good intentions. But I will not attract that type of person until I learn how to trust myself. It's hard to be so emotionally open, because I get my feelings hurt very easily that way. But I need to learn again to be honest with my emotions.

this is a huge learning experience because now I HAVE gone through the pain. It was almost unbearable. And I tried to "harden" myself to make the pain go away. Now, next time (there will be a next time, I'm sure), I will be able to handle the pain. I will deal with it, I am prepared for it to take months to get over. But I will get over it, too. I will love a lot, and I will hurt a lot, but it will be worth it.

#16 vito

vito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

One of my favorite songs:
"stay or leave" by dave matthews band
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#17 PinkTractor

PinkTractor

Live. Ride. Pull.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

BC - Are you starting to think differently now that J is actually able to spend time with you. That you never got that attention from him before and you were liking it from StudMuffin? I understand you do love him - but he wasn't there most of the time. You were filling that void with SM and enjoying having someone to be with.
Step back and think about it. I do agree it's nice you aren't engaged yet because your heart is pulling you in two ways. Is J truly trying now. Are you willing to give up what you had with him to get someone who will always be there like SM?
I'm sure you'll figure it out. You always do. Just takes some hurdles and a few falls to get to the finish line.

Indy - Sometimes you just have to be plain about it. When someone truly likes you and they see things such as statuses in instantly pops into their head that it is about them. Even if you don't think the same. Is he a creeper type person? It does sound like he is trying to be cute. But if he started thinking every status was about him even when it is a song - I'd start being pulled the other way. That's not something I enjoy.

Schatzl - The world always has the changing events especially the environment around you. I am sure with college terms coming to end, weather always changing, and things along the sort people are getting crazy. But you know you have the boy through thick and thin. Like you're doing give him the space - in the end he's only going to want you. Hopefully that comes soon. It's a horrible feeling when they don't want to talk to anybody - even their SO.

Ms.Macho - J's are confusing it seems. Just keep having conversations like you are doing. Both seem like nice guys. Hang out with both. You don't buy a car without test driving. So you don't pick a guy without options - understand?

Joc - Marriage is a scary thing. Even if you don't plan on marrying #1 I believe you're doing right by giving him a chance. Sounds like you're enjoying your time together. When going on "dates" with more than one person in a small time frame your situation is bound to happen. #2 should understand. It happens.

Jackie - Working second or not - he should be able to respond to you or talk to you first if he truly was interested. Maybe a past relationship or his friend (your ex) got to his mind. Is it really worth waiting around for him when he is already being "stand off-ish"?

Vito - You are absolutely correct. You wont be able to find that person until you get trust in yourself. Past relationships can put dampers on your life - and I'm sorry it had to happen to you. But remember, you are young. Your life is just starting up. You'll find someone. They'll learn to respect and trust you once you get that into yourself. Be confident. Everything will work out! No need to be jealous!

Edited by QHshowmanship, 08 January 2010 - 09:53 AM.

Be who you are, say what you want, because someday it will be too late...

#18 *Apache Skye*

*Apache Skye*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

QHShowmanship - Wow! That sounds like a miserable night. I hope he apologizes or tries to make it up to you or something. That's just really lousy and immature. Does he do stuff like that often?
-Rebecca-

#19 Schatzl

Schatzl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,364 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Indestructible, you could do the whole movie night thing, just be like..."Sure, but as strict friends, right? Thats where I'm coming from, I just want to make sure we're on the same page." Then there isn't the whole "Hey you're nice, but why are you flirting with me? I don't want you romantically." Hmm. Sticky situation since you said he has had a rough go with gals.

Elyse - Yeah, very possibly J2 likes you. I know you're homeschooled, is he too? This could be a fun opportunity to get to know him better!

Joc - Do you know what either of these two guys want? I can understand your not being interested in marriage now, and that's completely fine. It sounds like you're leaning towards #1 and it may be time for #2 to know. Even though you and 1 aren't exclusive, it could get weird if he doesn't know you're openly dating and such. Plus, #2 staying over at your place is probably giving him the wrong idea. That immediately caught my eye and he may not take it casually. I don't know the dynamics of how you guys are with one another - but it sounds like he doesn't just think of you as a strict friend, like a sister. Anywho. Those are my thoughts...I hope it turns out well!

Vito - I like your view. Loving a lot. Always a good plan - and controlling your thoughts and emotions when it comes to your ex. That's a great quality to have when you do get into a relationship. Yay.

Jackie - You may have figured this out yourself. His job could be a trip for him and be burning him out...plus, weird hours are always tough. In the ideal world, or as they'd say in "He's Just Not that Into You," he'd make it happen. He'd CALL. Yeah, his calling is because he wants to. But his not calling doesn't mean he doesn't care about you. Have you brought this confusion up to him? Expressing your thoughts with him as you've done here?

If you are going to be ignorant, let it not be in love. Love will carry you a long way

#20 Indestructible

Indestructible

©Indestructible Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Update:
I talked to him last night, flat out asked if he had feelings for me, he said "yeah your one of my best friends!" so i just said "no, i mean more than that" and his reply "Mm not really". I dunno, just how he explained it I still don't believe him exactly. Just for the fact of how strong the hints and flirts came across and just how much different he started to act. He did however admit that he has thought about what it would be like to date a girl like me, who likes all the same things as him and ect.

I dunno, he could be covering it up, so he can keep me as a friend or he may be telling the truth and he just needs to work a bit on communication. Im not hurt by it, infact slightly relieved, though normally when they tell you an answer like this you can tell if they actually mean it, i couldnt tell if he did or not. Oh well, i gave him a chance to tell me and told him before hand no matter the answer we're still best friends, that will never change. If he lied, he lied if he didn't well then I dont understand him. He's too much drama to deal with almost.

Indy - Sometimes you just have to be plain about it. When someone truly likes you and they see things such as statuses in instantly pops into their head that it is about them. Even if you don't think the same. Is he a creeper type person? It does sound like he is trying to be cute. But if he started thinking every status was about him even when it is a song - I'd start being pulled the other way. That's not something I enjoy.

Honestly, sometimes I get that feeling that he's being a little too creepy, like I was supposed to go to the mountains for new years and told him about it his response "You want me to come, admit it lol" and its like well..no i dont actually, that requires sharing a bed and i can tell you have some form of feeling toward me. So i was a little sketched out by that and the movie night thing kinda bothered me a little cause if he tried anything it would make things awkward between us for sure. I dunno, he's moving soon, then we are both graduating and he will be two hours away, i will be here still for a year then we will be going to the same college and programs. We'll see what happens in the future as far as friendships and such.

#21 ThreeTurnsThenHome

ThreeTurnsThenHome

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Wowzers. I am so far behind now. crazy.gif That has a tendency to happen between computer problems at home, Jon's sister going into labor, and moving next week. I'm running every which direction! Lol.

I've read 99.9% of the posts but cannot remember at the moment with what goes with who. So in a nut shell: for those who are having it hard, keep your head up and keep trucking. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. For those who are in smooth waters, congrats and keep it up.

In roughly one week and 2 hours, I will be landing in Sacramento, California. Scary? Oh heck yes! Exciting? A little. Jon and I shipped a 34 pound box out this morning with stuff that we won't be needing this week. Blagh. We will be most likely shipping another box later next week with his sterio, a couple of jackets, and what ever else we don't want to have to lug on the plane. I'm keeping positive and trying not to really think about it. I can do it.

Things are going fairly smooth for us. We about got into it the other night but things quickly simmered. We are both stressed out. But we did talk it out and smoothed everything over. We have been talking about engagement rings here lately and I have showed him what I liked at Wal*Mart so he could get a general idea of what I like. : ) I don't want nothing extravagant (no point in spending hundreds and hundreds on a rock).

I am now an official aunt. : ) My SIL and brother had their little girl on 01/06/10 at 5:58 AM Washington time. Kailey Nicole weighed 7.2 pounds and was 19.5 inches. She had to go c-section but both mamma and baby are doing fine. Jon is also an uncle for the 3rd time. His older sister had her little boy on 01/06/10 at 1:27 PM Oklahoma time. Nicolas Alexander weighed 8.8 pounds and was 19.5 inches. See the dates? They were born on the same day. Exciting, eh? Once Jon and I marry, they will be family. Cousins of sort. But it's all good. : )

I am strongly considering taking a drive to Washington in February to see my neice. I used to not like babies. But they are starting to grow on me. I don't want one, though!

Happy One Year, Circle Of Trust! Hehe.
Tabby Has Spoken.

#22 EventDrifterChild

EventDrifterChild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

Me-"You do know that your like the only person on the face of the earth that looks good in carhart coveralls and a welders Hat right?"

Spidey-"Oh Gosh"

Im starting to think I really am Crazy for wanting us to become more then what we are..But a girl can dream right?
Shelb

"Eventing.........two deeply dissimilar bodies and hearts and minds that, for some extraordinary, profound and magnificent reason, are prepared to work together in pursuit of the wild untrammelled joys of victory."- Simon Barnes

In Service to the Horse
"They're eventers, the equestrian equivalent of the Marines. Nothing short of a tornado or lightning bolts cracking down on the course will keep them from running."

Pumpkin-10-15-08-RIP

#23 Ms.Macho

Ms.Macho

I'm a banananaNA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (QHshowmanship @ Jan 8 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ms.Macho - J's are confusing it seems. Just keep having conversations like you are doing. Both seem like nice guys. Hang out with both. You don't buy a car without test driving. So you don't pick a guy without options - understand?

yeah, i get it. I'm definitely not closing doors with anyone.. keeping my options open. honestly, whether or not he does like me really doesn't make a difference, I'm happy enough just to have fun guy friends to talk to haha. :)

QUOTE ('shatzl')
Elyse - Yeah, very possibly J2 likes you. I know you're homeschooled, is he too? This could be a fun opportunity to get to know him better!

Yep, he's homeschooled too =) we're part of the same "group" and stuff too. We're doing a ski thing for 8 fridays, plus co-op on mondays so i'll be seeing him quite a bit the next few weeks. nothing wrong with that. :] haha.

plus he's taken a liking to texting me a lot lately..

twitter facebook
We were fated to pretend.

#24 mygoldfish

mygoldfish

rider of crazy bay mares

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

aaaah i feel like i don't have much to say, but i don't think i've updated in a while and i've gotta get in on the new thread, of course! haha!

well basically my boyfriend is the most amazazing person on this entire planet and i love him so much i don't know what to do.
today after school we went to the bank and then to his house just to chill, and we weren't really doing anything, just sitting watching tv with his mom but it was still soo much fun and i miss him already and i'm so happy that he's happy. happyhappyhappy. =]

Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.
Posted Image

#25 blümchen

blümchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

I need help. I feel like I don't like S as much as I used to. I don't know what happened, I just feel like I don't have that much fun when we hang out and that we sort of jumped into this whole relationship thing. Usually I wait months before making a commitment to someone, and with him it was only like a month. Our conversations are still good, but when we hang out its just like, blah. I think a lot of this stems from the fact that he wants to be "serious" or at least I'm getting that vibe. He tried to tell me he loves me already, but he wasn't really serious about it. He just doesn't take "I love you" as seriously as I do and it was a big misunderstanding. But then like a few weeks later he was offering to give me the password to his Facebook and I was like noooo thanks...

I feel horrible because he is so sensitive and if I tell him this, it will kill him. He already knows that I am afraid of us getting too serious but it doesn't really help me any. My friends think I'm just worrying too much, and maybe I am, but this is really bothering me.
-brigita. or brigid.

#26 EventDrifterChild

EventDrifterChild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Ok someone slap me silly. I am insane. For ever thinking he was interested. Im fine with it. I really am. I'm just glad I realized it before I did something stupid. Who know I MIGHT be wrong...And If I am I'm fine with that to.

I'm sure I will keep posting about us..Who knows.

But I just wanted to let you all know I'm letting the hope of us ever being more then friends!

Thanks!!

Stay warm!!
Shelb

In Service to the Horse

Pumpkin-10-15-08-RIP

#27 RopingBarrels

RopingBarrels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (EventDrifterChild @ Jan 9 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok someone slap me silly. I am insane. For ever thinking he was interested. Im fine with it. I really am. I'm just glad I realized it before I did something stupid. Who know I MIGHT be wrong...And If I am I'm fine with that to.

I'm sure I will keep posting about us..Who knows.

But I just wanted to let you all know I'm letting the hope of us ever being more then friends!

Thanks!!

Stay warm!!

huggy.gif

I know you don't want to hear this, but with the age difference he was probably never TRULY interested. He was hurt, you are cute and he has a 'flirty' type personality. You fell for him and he liked that female attention or the awesome companionship at a time in life when he was hurting. My now husband had the EXACT same relationship with an awesome friend of both of ours. But they are about the same age. She had just gotten out of a VERY serious relationship, he was there (I was just getting to know them both), she wanted a friend, and he fell for her...but she had no feelings towards him except as a friend.

Sorry what you are going through, but stay strong. Dont' let it affect your horse and barn life. :)
"That bull stomped on him like a duck on a june bug." ~Don Gay

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

#28 chino is neato007

chino is neato007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

I like to compare myself to Farrah, from Teen Mom on MTV.
Although I don't have her type of social life, I DO have her abundant amount of men.

So, I'm not gonna lie..I am still sorta talking to Farrier. Just a few texts a day.

There is a new one! I'll call him M. He from the "dirty south" so he talks differently than me..but I think I might actually like it lol. He is such a sweet heart. Oh my goodness. He has expressed SO much interest in Elliott. I haven't met a single guy who wanted to know so much about him! It was really sweet. Very real, very down to earth.
His friend is dating my friend. My friend, A, has a baby too (it seems like all my friends do nowadays..) and her babydaddy is in permanent rehab. So anyways, she started dating her M. Her M is such a good step-dad. He is so supportive for both A and her baby. They make a very healthy and nice family.

So anyways, my M was raised the same as her M. Where you just learn to take the whole "package deal"... the way me and A are package deals with our kids.

M and I are just taking it slow, of course, but he really is just something else. It's like a whole different and new type of relationship. I don't know how to explain it.
By relationship...I mean just friendship. For now anyways!

On the flip side, I'm 100% okay being a single mom for the rest of my life. I have NO problem at all with that. As long as I have Elliott, my horses and a few dogs, then I will be A-okay.

Last night I played poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

#29 EventDrifterChild

EventDrifterChild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (RopingBarrels @ Jan 9 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huggy.gif

I know you don't want to hear this, but with the age difference he was probably never TRULY interested. He was hurt, you are cute and he has a 'flirty' type personality. You fell for him and he liked that female attention or the awesome companionship at a time in life when he was hurting. My now husband had the EXACT same relationship with an awesome friend of both of ours. But they are about the same age. She had just gotten out of a VERY serious relationship, he was there (I was just getting to know them both), she wanted a friend, and he fell for her...but she had no feelings towards him except as a friend.

Sorry what you are going through, but stay strong. Dont' let it affect your horse and barn life. :)

I see that 100% But I will say we are still the same as always. Nothing has really changed. I just see that we are just good friends. It shouldn't effect things to much really. We still hang out and all that good stuff. He is helping me with my horse (getting in shape for Endurance) And I still help him with the barn. He trust me to take care of barn and that if he gets in a bind I will be there to feed for him. And I won't break that trust.
(like last month he sent me a text on a sunday afternoon asking if I could feed. He was stuck in Houston. Just a little over a hours notice.)

Im OK with it I really am. And a Girl can still dream right?

He is such a sweatheart and all around good guy I will stand by his side one way or the other!
His Mother loves me to death to!
I would do anything and everything I can for the both of them.
Shelb

In Service to the Horse

Pumpkin-10-15-08-RIP

#30 blümchen

blümchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Chino - Icky! Farrah is a horrible mother in my opinion. She acts like she has a right to go out really late and leave her kid with her mother... just because shes a TEENAGER. She seems to forget that she is also a mom. I've followed your posts about you and Elliott and I think you seem to be a great mother (very impressive for your age... I admire you) and not like Farrah at all. Just thought I'd say that. Lol. But M sounds like a good guy, if he is like his friend.
-brigita. or brigid.