• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tbs4life2000

tbs4life2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

How do I know what saddleseat size I would use. I have riden huntseat and western but the seat sizes are different

#2 LauraS

LauraS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

Sit in a chair so your thighs are parrall to the floor. Measure from the point of your seat bone to the point of your knee bone is a good indication of what size seat which is measured from the bottom on the side of the pommell straight back to the center of the cantle. Other factors will come into play such as how flat the seat is (I prefer a very flat seat and do not at all care for the deeper "equitation" seat), where the stirrup bars hang the stirrups (which is why adjustable bars are very handy to have) and your body type (heavy or light in the seat/thighs). Best to borrow a couple in the size the measurement tells you and see how they fit you....you need to be able to sit at the back and not have your knees out in front of the flaps...knees should be just in front of the stirrup leathers.

#3 tbs4life2000

tbs4life2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:12 AM

thank you I found a stubben heritage 1 for $100. I'm sure its not top of the line but it is brand name and for the price I couldnt pass it up being that I am just starting this. I didnt want to put over a grand into a saddle only to find out that i didnt like riding saddleseat lol