20 replies to this topic

#1 foxlover

foxlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Today hubby and I did not get along great. We work together almost daily, and some days are trying. We have had his twin grandkids here for 4 days also, probably part of it. They are 11 and naughty!! Their mom doesn't discipline them, and you can tell.

Anywho, we took them back to get picked up by their mom in the city 1 1/2 hrs. away. Hubby seemed tired and kind of crabby. We get to the mall, he wants to park in a spot that was aways from where we were going in. I said "I bet there's something closer up there, so he drives that way and there is no spot 'right up front, first row'. He gets an attitude and says to me "That spot wasn't good enough, so I'm parking over here which is closer according to you!" We were way down, not even by any cars, had to walk quite far into the mall. I mean way down where there was noone. Just being a smart@$$. I told him I was tired of his crabbiness and slammed the truck door and walked to the mall alone. The grandkids came up and said "Grandpa is crabby isn't he?" I said yup! Then he just sat in the truck awhile, I didn't care. He thought I'd be looking for him and come back, but I didn't.

Hmmmph, men! Can live with them, can't legally shoot them either. I know where there is a old well.....................

#2 DiluteMe

DiluteMe

Serious, alluring, and sly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

'Eh.. EVERYONE gets crabby once in a while... whether it's because of situation or having to deal with grandkids.. kids.. etc. Best just to leave them be for a while. They get better. lol confused0024.gif crazy.gif

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet.... That was how World War II started you know."

"Hold Nothing.
If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
If you meet your Father, kill your Father.
Free of Everything, you are bound by Nothing.
Live the Life that is Given to you."

#3 Sorrel1

Sorrel1

They're coming to take me away, HA HA!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

Hmmm...old wells might be easier than putting him under a rock pile...hafta store that thought away...

My husband gets crabby too, usually when he hasn't had any "down time" at home. You guys were just camping, then you had the kids come and you both had to run your business...then you had to drive 90 miles to drop off the kids. Is it possible he just needs some down time himself?

If so...tell him to get over it. winking0073.gif

Just kidding!

He might just need a day to veg.

Cowmans Red Jack

The Turd Posse MSTRBKBHRWNS

My husband is a member of HELP~Husbands of Equine Loving Partners

Proud Member of the Board Buddy Club!-->Foxlover, Prairie Rose, R_Beau, Moonchick, PasoGirl, Shuddabenacowboy, Rose of Kilarney, Tuckaway, Nvrgvn, CindyP, Driftin' Mom, RickisSweetSmoke...who's next???
Phone Board Buddy Club: Serendell, Nagolder, Rose of Kilarney, Buddyroo!

#4 foxlover

foxlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

If I get crabby he lets me know it right away! I have never parked a mile away just to be a jerk. Camping was relaxing and his down time. He also had yesterday off, so he shouldn't be crabby. Except for the grandkids...........

Sorrel, a rock pile sounds like too much lifting. crazy.gif

Edited by foxlover, 03 August 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#5 Sorrel1

Sorrel1

They're coming to take me away, HA HA!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

If he has calmed down you might need to initiate a calm conversation about what happened. Maybe there is something on his mind, maybe he wasn't feeling good, maybe he didn't want to part with the grandkids yet...and instead of handling it in an adult manner, he got a bit childish. Talking with him about it might keep it from happening again and let him know how it hurt you.

And as for the rock pile, that is one of my mom's threats...she always tells my dad "There's lots of rock piles in North Dakota...they'll never find your body!" rotf.gif

Cowmans Red Jack

The Turd Posse MSTRBKBHRWNS

My husband is a member of HELP~Husbands of Equine Loving Partners

Proud Member of the Board Buddy Club!-->Foxlover, Prairie Rose, R_Beau, Moonchick, PasoGirl, Shuddabenacowboy, Rose of Kilarney, Tuckaway, Nvrgvn, CindyP, Driftin' Mom, RickisSweetSmoke...who's next???
Phone Board Buddy Club: Serendell, Nagolder, Rose of Kilarney, Buddyroo!

#6 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Not an old well- he might contaminate the ground water- that would be bad. Then when they trace the contamination back to the well they would find him. Let's see- to tired tonight to come up with something good. Will have to think on it and get back to you. Greater minds than mine are out there- somebody will come up with somewhere great for you to put him- and easy! rotf.gif
Leave only hoof prints!

#7 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:32 PM

Sometimes I wake up crabby. Other times I let him sleep.
I have the ability of single-minded determination and focu... Hey, look! A horse!
Posted Image

#8 yarrabeestockhorses

yarrabeestockhorses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

Instead of blaming him maybe it is something you did that got on his nerves...
Yarrabee
Australian Stock Horses
Queensland
Australia
email

#9 SCspots

SCspots

Got Carrots?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (yarrabeestockhorses @ Aug 4 2010, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOT!!! Don't even go there. bang_head.gif

The man was crabby. All men (and women) all get that way sometimes. It's not pretty. But looking at yourself for the cause every time someone gets crabby.... that way lies madness.

Maybe a soothing cup of tea would help? Got any foxgloves in your garden??? Of course, then you'd have to hide the body and it's awfully hot for all that work. Can't it wait till January???
By that time, he'll be over it and you will have forgotten it. I vote for tabling this till January. grin.gif
I'm not a complete idiot - There are parts missing!

Charter member of the OMHC (Ol'meany head club!) and loyal minion to my Exhalted Henchman Andi!

#10 WarPony

WarPony

Teeny Tiny Equine Of DOOOM!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,598 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (yarrabeestockhorses @ Aug 4 2010, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then he should have acted like a grown up and just said "That is really getting on my nerves" and not started acting like a kid throwing a hissy fit. It is up to each of us to handle our emotions properly. If someone is doing some thing that ticks us off and we can't be mature enough to say something before we get all crabby that is OUR fault, laying the blame on other people for our own lack of maturity and self control is a cop out.

If I acted crabby toward everyone who got on my nerves I'd be crabby all the time, lol. That isn't THEIR fault. MY emotions and reactions are entirely under MY control. If I don't control them that is MY problem.
Warpony's blog! ... Warpony's Etsy Shop

“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.” ~ Dr. Gregory House

#11 foxlover

foxlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

Thanks WarPony, you are right. I get crabby, but I don't act like that. He is fine now, I am sure it was the kids. After 4 days we are glad to take them back home. He even said yesterday "It's time, isn't it!" I agreed readily.
He asked if we were going to get along today (and laughed cuz he knew I was torked at him).
I have my big doctors appt. with my surgeon today and we pick a surgery date so I want to be in a good mood.

Edited by foxlover, 04 August 2010 - 07:16 AM.

#12 journeysgirl

journeysgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,504 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (foxlover @ Aug 4 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks WarPony, you are right. I get crabby, but I don't act like that. He is fine now, I am sure it was the kids. After 4 days we are glad to take them back home. He even said yesterday "It's time, isn't it!" I agreed readily.
He asked if we were going to get along today (and laughed cuz he knew I was torked at him).
I have my big doctors appt. with my surgeon today and we pick a surgery date so I want to be in a good mood.

Might not have been as much crab as nerves over another surgery. Either way, just Dinozo him. (smack him up side the back of the head... NCIS reference) rotf.gif

Good luck with you appt and up coming surgery.

1c958838-4475-4695-b61d-b8ec73e28191_zps

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.
The winds of heaven blow between my horses ears (Arab proverb)
Everyday you are unhappy is a whole day wasted not being happy.
Eff em and feed em fishheads!

Member of the "I met a board buddy club" : MarsCandyBar, Apps4life,

#13 PineBarSissy

PineBarSissy

"PBS"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,476 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

When mine gets that way, I just tell him to quit being such an a@@ tongue0009.gif . Seriously, we're very honest with each other lol. I hold nothing back!
I'm glad to hear he's snapped out of it. It sounds like maybe he was ready for the kids to go home. He could be stressing some over your upcoming surgery too. I think I would ask him what the deal was though, but that's just me.
Good luck with your Dr. appt. Let us know how it goes.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Pine Bar Sissy, 88' AQHA mare
Feelin Jazzy Jet, 83' AQHA geld.
Super Night Bar 89' AQHA geld.
Honchos Star Doc 87' AQHA mare
Zoey & Pepper(JRT's)
Mickey(Australian Shep.)
Sage(Lab/Aussie)
barn kitties

Board Buddies I've met! Loranbama, Painted Joy, Acesgetngood,QHridinGA, tuper, Pansimba,Demons Mom,CowgirlArtist,Draftiemama,Hast,ForeverInBlueGenes,Shelley Carter,RockagillyGal,SpottedTApps,Flequus, Poldi, Meg, LTR, Cactus Rose & BarnBarb!

#14 kidsncritters

kidsncritters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Good luck with your Dr. apt.
Leave only hoof prints!

#15 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,572 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

They don't call it "Pissy Man Syndrome" for No Reason, lol!

They need to make Midol & Tampons for men, I swear! Jeff's 19 yr old son gets really red in the face when he gets snippy at me & I'll whip one or the other out of my purse. rotf.gif

Or when I ask him if he got sand in his hoo hoo again. happy0203.gif

(Hey, it's payback for ALL the crabbiness he's treated me with over the last 4 years, he's finally noticing that he's not getting to me anymore, I fight crabbiness with humor!)

#16 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,215 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

This is a thread I've been trying to find a rebuttal for. Personally I think it is not just crabby men, but crabby men & women. Some of us bring out the beast in our mates at times. We also take the people closest to us for granted, & lash out at them in anger, instead of where it should be directed. I've loved my wife for over 40 years, but she knows just how to push my buttons at times, & sees the beast in me. PD

#17 WarPony

WarPony

Teeny Tiny Equine Of DOOOM!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,598 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (journeysgirl @ Aug 4 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might not have been as much crab as nerves over another surgery. Either way, just Dinozo him. (smack him up side the back of the head... NCIS reference) rotf.gif

Around here we call that "Giving him a Gibbs". lol.

QUOTE (PineBarSissy @ Aug 4 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When mine gets that way, I just tell him to quit being such an a@@ tongue0009.gif . Seriously, we're very honest with each other lol. I hold nothing back!

Yeah, when Tsu gets all wedged into his crabby pants I just look at him and say, "Crabby @$$ much, dear?" and that usually makes him laugh and breaks his mood.

Or I ask if he needs to change his tampon, which usually makes him look ashamed, THEN laugh (I save that one for when he is at about 5 out of 10 on the pissy scale).

If he gets REALLY bad, I calmly say, "Can you please explain to me exactly what I did to deserve being treated this way? Because if you are mad about something else and just taking it out on me that is completely inappropriate, and if you are actually mad at me and just haven't had the ***** to speak up and say so then you need to man up and tell me what crawled up your butt and died so i can pull it out for you." After a decade together... now as soon as I say, "Can you please explain..." He gets this look on his face and rapidly blurts out either that he is being a jerk and he will knock it off, or he unloads all his grievances for the last 7 or 8 months. Either way it ends the mood and makes the world a happy place for everyone, and the villagers rejoice. .

foxlover, I hope today goes much better and everything goes well with your surgery when you have it.

***(((hug)))***

I find any time my husband is concerned about me and my health he tends to get snippy AT me. I don't understand it, but it's just the way he works.

Warpony's blog! ... Warpony's Etsy Shop

“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.” ~ Dr. Gregory House

#18 meeker_gurl8789

meeker_gurl8789

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

LOL try going in to the ER and having the dr tell you you have an STD so one of you HAD to have slept arround..... OH yeah thats an arguement starter...
LAter we find out that i DONT have an STD they MISSDIAGNOSED me and im STILL going in for more testing as i have aHUGE lump in my side and some excess fluid on my ovaries (possible ruptured cysts)

So i understand where your comming from hubbys ben VERY crabby lately but weve ben stressed out as you have over health reasons

Proud owner of
WR Shades Of Phire 2004 Bay Arabian mare
Little Hawk 2008 champaigne Miniature horse Gelding
AM Rain Maker 2013 bay Arabian gelding

Itsy Bitsy 1996 Bay Arabian mare

#19 hrsluvr

hrsluvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

I feel ya! The BF is always crabby. 1.) he always wants his way and he doesnt get it theres a tempper tantrum like a 3yr old and 2.) Remodeling really tries your nerves around each other. haha

I learned to just do as you did and walk away, gives ya both a cool down time before it escalates.
I'm sure it's not much fun when I'm crabby though either ashamed0002.gif We all have those days
Julie

#20 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,946 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (foxlover @ Aug 4 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hubby bought me a desk sign:
"I love you more today than yesterday ... yesterday you really TICKED ME OFF!"

QUOTE (WarPony @ Aug 4 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he gets REALLY bad, I calmly say, "Can you please explain to me exactly what I did to deserve being treated this way? Because if you are mad about something else and just taking it out on me that is completely inappropriate, and if you are actually mad at me and just haven't had the ***** to speak up and say so then you need to man up and tell me what crawled up your butt and died so i can pull it out for you."
After a decade together... now as soon as I say, "Can you please explain..." He gets this look on his face and rapidly blurts out either that he is being a jerk and he will knock it off, or he unloads all his grievances for the last 7 or 8 months. Either way it ends the mood and makes the world a happy place for everyone, and the villagers rejoice. . .

O *gasp* M *gasp* G! *gasp-gasp* I cannot breathe *gasp!* because I'm *gasp* LAUGHING so hard!
I have the ability of single-minded determination and focu... Hey, look! A horse!
Posted Image

#21 Sprite's Mom

Sprite's Mom

In the beginning, God created

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

I think I'm going to try that the next time my hubby gets all cranky. He is constantly getting mad at someone else and taking it out on me.