• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Salina1987

Salina1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

I was just wondering if some a few of you that are more familiar with paint horse bloodlines could give me a better take on this horse. http://www.allbreedp...com/angelia max I am not very familiar with paint horse bloodlines and would like to know what everybody tought a horse with bloodlines such as this would best be suited for. Thank you all very much!

#2 TC_barrel_turners

TC_barrel_turners

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

From lookin around on her pedigree, it looks like she could be suited for anything.

Here's the lines for my barrel horse Clusive Glow

#3 horsey_girl757

horsey_girl757

horsey_girl757

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

I love Sonny Dee Bar horses, they make great performance and All around horses and have a good mind too!

~~~CLF PERFORMANCE HORSES~~~

---Facebook: CLF Performance Horses

---Youtube: Christy Fleener

---Instagram: christylynn89

#4 barrelracinpie

barrelracinpie

going around and around and around

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

blue max and mr joe glo both stood within an hour of me. blue max had alot of black and white babies that were halter horses. mr joe glo had alot of halter babies and alot of pleasure babies..neither of these sires excelled with barrelracing babies..

#5 ..::Felda::..

..::Felda::..

.:Felda:.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

From lookin around on her pedigree, it looks like she could be suited for anything.

Here's the lines for my barrel horse Clusive Glow

This was pointless. This post is about her horse.

Anyways, I see a bunch of halter and pleasure horses. Old blood at that. Nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't compare to todays modern racing blood. You can, of course, always prove that wrong. :winking:
Is it possible to stay on topic to what the thread is about? Or has the population become so distracted it must resort to addressing every little allusion thus changing the direction of this thread and losing the topic? Have we lost the ability to recognize this problem and just start a new topic if the oppportunity arises? Please do so now if you feel so inclined to seek attention.

Phoenix: 2001 BLM Mustang

#6 Salina1987

Salina1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Thank you all for your replies... I used to frequent this board quite a bit with a different username, Salina87, some of you may remember, but I am horseless now and have been for a couple years. The bloodlines I had posted about are not my horse (yet!) but a mare that I am going to look at tomorrow. She is 16 years old and has just been rode as a trail/ pleasure riding horse for a beginner rider and the girl no longer has any time for her so she is just giving her away. I really have no intention of trying to train and compete on her but when I glanced at her bloodlines( I am SOOO not a pedigree pro) I thought maybe with some of her cow bred lines and a couple pretty nice looking ropers back there I could find a running bred stud to cross her with and maybe have a nice little barrel or all around prospect?

#7 Stars_Morab

Stars_Morab

I come from the land of ice and snow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,944 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

I'm going to say what I said on the other board. I think you'd be better off going and BUYING a horse more suited to barrel racing than taking a risk breeding this mare to a barrel stud and HOPING to get a racer.

~stars
Posted Image

Naughty By Review on Facebook

Board Buddies I've met:Lopen28, Justcowin, Serendell, PASOLOVER, pelirrojaloca, RedneckcowgirlMN, Equi_librium, CJF Farrier, spanishwalkinwannabe,have I met you yet?
OH so proud member of the "Crap On a Cracker My Luck Sucks!" club

#8 TC_barrel_turners

TC_barrel_turners

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

Felda I was simply posting my horse's link because they share bloodlines. Dang dont bite my head off. She can choose to ignore my post if she chooses.

#9 Salina1987

Salina1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I went to ride the mare yesterday, she was for sure a cute little thing but just not right for me... Definitely needs some work which would not really be a big deal but she had what looked to be an old wire cut scar on her right hock which did not appear to bother her until we started riding, then she started being a little off on it. She would probably be a great candidate for a nice little kids horse if someone could give her a little refresher training course but I don't know if that leg could handle the training... We only rode for 20 minutes only walk/trot and she was sore on it in that short of time. Although I DID stop and look at another mare, 6 years old, trained on barrels. The woman that went with me to look is the farrier for this mare, says she is bred nicely. She is built very well and they are wanting to sell her to get their little girl something that she can just point and run, and doesn't really have to push and get aggressive with. So I am getting this owners phone number today and hopefully something will come of it!

P.s. Sorry for any misspelled words or short choppy sentences... Writing all this from my phone so grammar is far from perfect

#10 tx_canchaser09

tx_canchaser09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

well bloodlines dont make the horse the horse makes the bloodlines.... hes conformation, mind, and attitude will go alot farther than bloodlines... your horse has alot of cow/running so im guessing he/she about 15 hands, breed to run and if the conformation/mind right barrels would be no problem. but make sure they love it if they get bored with it then they are prob. better doing something else....

#11 r_beau

r_beau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

I run a paint horse (no color though :smilie: breeding stock!) but I can't say I know a ton about the Paint lines.

I agree with horseygirl that Sonny Dee Bar horses typically do very well in just about any performance event.

Mr Jo Glo is a name I also recognize, although I would not associate him with speed or barrel racing. I believe he was more a producer of halter and reining offspring.

Of course you have Top Deck snuck in there on the top side, but its back a ways. That's the only speed name that I really recognize in the pedigree.

If you are really serious about looking for a good barrel prospect, I would honestly not pick this one. Yes, you might have a diamond in the rough here, and pedigree certainly isn't everything to consider in a barrel horse, but you might increase your chances of getting a really good barrel horse out of the mix if you buy one bred more likely to do it.

My barrel horse has a few names silimar to yours http://www.allbreedp.../ravishing beau
including Sonny Dee Bar twice on the top side. I knew my horse's sire well and got to ride him alot. He did well in showing (trail, pleasure, etc) but also was a darn good roping horse. But then again, we bought my horse as a 6 month old just for a horse! He wasn't purchased to win big money at barrel races. He did turn out to be a 1D/2D horse (depending on the competition), but when I get to looking for a new barrel prospect next year when I finish grad school, I honestly would pass my horse's pedigree up in exchange for something that will be more likely to take me to the pay window.

And I probably would pass on the horse you are considering too, if you are looking for a serious barrel prospect.

I know you said you decided against buying this horse, but that is my input for future reference.

~*~ ßŗΐţťάйÿ ~*~

"Red" - Saltys Red Rock, 2006 AQHA gelding

"Shotgun" - CK Grey Meatball, 2011 AQHA gelding
"Beau" - Ravishing Beau, 1998 APHA gelding (grazing on heaven's grass)

<|__~
../__\..

Feel free to check out my YouTube channel!