• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

First , NOT my donkey. I hauled him for a friend who borrowed him from a third person for a Good Friday program. I don't believe his testicles look normal at all. I told them I would post and see what ya'll think. If ya'll agree he needs help we will try and get his owner to fix this. And hopefully geld him! Thanks for any opinions

Posted Image
R.I.P.

W. McNeil 5-17-45 - 10-8-2008

Smoke Aussie Dec. 1994 ~April 20,2010
Chinas Mouse AQHA 1983-2010
Roxie the rescue Rottie August 2011
Rocky 1-1-96 ~ 12-7-12 Chihuahua King of the house

#2 ozland

ozland

I'm an optimist. I think most people are half full of it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,360 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

I don't know a lot about donkeys but THAT looks painful!

S'cuse me, gotta go iron my birthday suit.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, no explanation will suffice.
.................Joseph Dunninger

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling
a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

#3 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

I don't know a lot about donkeys but THAT looks painful!

I know nothing about donkeys. I just know that doesn't look right. He seemed to have some trouble peeing today. Not sure if this was the problem or being around a bunch of people and having to perform twice. He was at the end of a lead rope most of the day with a 4 hour break between performances when he got some turnout.
R.I.P.

#4 ozland

ozland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,360 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

If he's having trouble peeing, he has a serious problem.

#5 cvm2002

cvm2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Yes. Swollen. Huge. Get. Vet. Now.

Dina Wild, DVM
Veterinarian by day...and some nights...and most weekends...and every other holiday.
Wanna-be photographer the rest of the time.

http://www.wildsidearabians.com

#6 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:43 AM

Yes. Swollen. Huge. Get. Vet. Now.

THANK YOU !!!
I will get in touch with her this morning and she will get with the owner. Hope we get him fixed. He was so good for the program. I just hope the owner will cooperate.
R.I.P.

#7 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

THANK YOU !!!
I will get in touch with her this morning and she will get with the owner. Hope we get him fixed. He was so good for the program. I just hope the owner will cooperate.

We have a Vet that will treat the donkey if we haul him to the office. I'll do the hauling. Now pray the owner will let us treat him. If the owner agrees jack will be seen tomorrow.
R.I.P.

#8 ozland

ozland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,360 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

Fingers crossed for Jack!

#9 spanish_walkin_wannabe

spanish_walkin_wannabe

Free Runner Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hopefully everything goes alright! I sure do feel for the poor bugger! Those suckers are huge! :twitch:

Owner of:
Bucky, Qh/Saddlebred
RCR Dun Until Dusk, "Ella" AQHA
Half Pint, Aka "PT" miniature mule

~*~"And this isn't about going back, it's about life being ahead of you. And you run at it like a racehorse, as fast and as far as you can, because you never know how much life is there, unless you run."~*~

~*~No One Ever Sees a Fly on a Trotting Horse~*~

Official Member of the "I met a Board Buddy Club!
-redneckcowgirlmn, CJF Farrier, DunOvero, Equi-librium, Wild Rose, Sundowner Lady, PStrailrider, Peppers Dad, Ruckandride, RailRoadWoman, Haffytrailstoyou, MareKrazed, Pepsidog, StarsMorab, Spring Storm, BurgundyBlankets, OhNine!, Greenhaven, Serah Rose, and Barnbarb!

#10 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:41 AM

So far no cooperation from the owner. He won't answer his phone. They will keep trying. I don't know the owner. We WILL keep trying. Poor Jack. Ticks me off that iit will not cost the owner a dime. Vet is free and I will transport and offered my barn for rehab if needed. What more does he want??? I know he doesn't want me to get P.O.ed
R.I.P.

#11 Andi

Andi

Exalted Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Why are people like that? Posted Image

I had a similar situation here a few years ago where a woman had a horse with some injuries that needed a Vet. (Well, she had several that needed attention really.) Well, first she had no way to get the horse to the Vet. I offered to haul him. Then it was "he doesn't load very well". Fine, the Vet will come out. Then she didn't have the $$$ to do it. Fine, won't cost you a dime. And she still wouldn't do it. Then the horse slipped on some ice and couldn't get back up since it was so weak, injured, long hooves, etc. She fed that horse where he lay for almost a week! Until she got word AC was coming out. Then she had the neighbor come down and shoot him! Posted Image

She still got cited ...

Andi

Check out my photography!
LC Ranch Photography

Or follow me on Facebook!

Facebook Page

~~~~~~~~~~
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."
~Thomas Jefferson

Butterfly farts stink!

I've met board buddies! The Bun, rwdodgerblue, mydakota, quarters 'n' paints, desperate horsewife, audrey mae, mrs, rodentra, Quartermutt, HeGotSpots, MondaesMom, Quarterflash, Quincy's Keeper, Tazzin, Buck, Buddyroo, Diamond Jake, Miz Parker, BarnBoss, Apps4Life, redneckcowgirlmn, megs

siggysmall2_zps8cc35042.jpg

#12 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Some people just don't give a d*** I guess. This will not cost him adime. Or any effort. We will keep trying. All we can do.
I had similar stuff with a neighbor the last 3 years. Horses not being fed. Not from lack of money. I offered to feed them they wouldn't do it. last April one went down. I called and he called vet. Expensive sand colic call and horse came to my barn per vets request. Took a couple of weeks to get him to eat and then his pasture mate came over to let their grass grow some.Both skinny and owner would bring 2 bags of feed every 2 weeks ...maybe. He sold one and I ended up with the sand colic horse. he has been in Alabam a month with a 12 year old and is a very well trained BROKE gelding. Gets love and treats and used everyday. Hope Jack turns out this well.
Posted Image

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/scd1_horses/truck/198064_192444214126055_100000814345100_413387_221986_s.jpg

Posted Image
R.I.P.

#13 Andi

Andi

Exalted Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

Wow! I had to scroll back up to see if that was the same horse! Nice job!

Yes, people are idiots. Self centered idiots many of them ...

Andi

Check out my photography!
LC Ranch Photography

Or follow me on Facebook!

Facebook Page

~~~~~~~~~~
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."
~Thomas Jefferson

Butterfly farts stink!

I've met board buddies! The Bun, rwdodgerblue, mydakota, quarters 'n' paints, desperate horsewife, audrey mae, mrs, rodentra, Quartermutt, HeGotSpots, MondaesMom, Quarterflash, Quincy's Keeper, Tazzin, Buck, Buddyroo, Diamond Jake, Miz Parker, BarnBoss, Apps4Life, redneckcowgirlmn, megs

siggysmall2_zps8cc35042.jpg

#14 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Andi!! He was a struggle but worth it. Now he has a great home and is spoiled to death. Better then starving to death! He's 17 and looks like he has his forever home.

Just heard from the friend that got me involved with Jack. Jacks owner called her and said Jack was 10 years old and had always been like that and never had a problem. She told him we would still take him and have him checked to make sure. No go. I don't believe he has always been like that. He was used in the same program last year and the people that handled him don't remember him being that swollen. So....what do you do??

Thanks. Maybe the guy will change his mind.
R.I.P.

#15 Prancer&Onyx

Prancer&Onyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Is it possible to find out who this guy is and where he lives and report him to animal control and pursue a legal aspect until the donkey gets seen by a vet? I do hope he gets the care he needs....that does not look good at all :( I commend you for doing what you can.

#16 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

I know where he lives because I was the one hauling the donkey to the church program. The people who usually do it every year sold their trailer and asked to use mine. Somehow I ended up hauling and handling at the program.
AC here is about as worthless as they come especially with horses. They saw the gelding in the pics above and let it go. Didn't even speak to the owner or get out of the truck. They just sat in the truck in the ditch at looked at my fat butt mares!! Totally useless and the more I think about it the more p.o.ed I get. Probably why I'm still up. I will try and keep up with Jack and see what can be done.
R.I.P.

#17 Little Cow

Little Cow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

Where are you located? PM me please. This is unacceptable. I will try to rattle some cages. I'm sure Broo can give me an idea of who to call if I'm not familiar with your state. Also, give me the name of the church as well. They should know that they were using a sick/injured donkey. I wouldn't be able to look Donkeyotee in the eye if I didn't try to help this poor donkey. You don't have to be involved at all, if you don't want to, but this gets me on a warpath and I'm pretty danged hormonal right now. :bang_head:
Is working cattle considered playing with your food?

Home of the ankle biter cows.

Proud veteran.