57 replies to this topic

#1 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I do believe that sometimes, with mental problems, people can sometimes do things out of their control. But when someone is fit to stand trial- it is evident that they are not crazy to the point where they would do something out of their control...

I saw this on the show "Cold Case" today.

Two bodies were found years ago. One was burned beyond recognition...the other was decomposed and stuffed into a box.

These two bodies were sisters- and the surviving third sister, years later, heard about the bodies on a show. She phoned in, told her story, the investigators investigated, and arrested the cold, heartless mother. (She at the time was caring for an elderly lady) :confused0024:

This is a very...brutal case. But it really makes you wonder how, "normal in the brain" people can be so so sick??

http://ordinaryevil....tmare-that-was/
"Wait...what? Horse overpopulation is a problem because we can no longer be paid to have our fuglies conveniently killed for us? Wow. And here I thought the problem was irresponsible breeding." -RaggedyAlice

"Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight?"

"You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be."

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

"normal in the brain" people can be so so sick??

Oxymoron! :rotf:
I have the ability of single-minded determination and focu... Hey, look! A horse!
Posted Image

#3 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Well, I believe there are head cases- but I also believe that there are people who are just evil.

There have been people who do sick things and yet when they are researched- their brains appear "normal."

That is what I mean by normal! LOL!
"Wait...what? Horse overpopulation is a problem because we can no longer be paid to have our fuglies conveniently killed for us? Wow. And here I thought the problem was irresponsible breeding." -RaggedyAlice

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz

#4 Tomann

Tomann

Ragtimedelsmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

It's ridiculous what some people can do :(

Explain how a guy can kill his g/f (because she's about to leave him anyways to escape the abuse) by shoving her out a window and then cover her up with snow...

OR the most recent tragedy in our area:
A guy who I graduated with goes to pick up his kids at his wife's b/f's house. Wife's b/f stabs classmate multiple times IN FRONT OF THE 3 YOUNG KIDS, steals classmate's truck and is found at the bar just having a drink. Classmate dies 1-hour later after police find him and take him to hospital. I was immature back in hs and didn't know what a good friend was to save my life, but this guy was one of the nicest ones I knew.

How can you kill someone and then act like nothing happened?!
"A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care". ~Pat Parelli

Proudly owned by husband, son (April 2008), daughter (July 2010), 1992 Appaloosa mare (Exceller x Delightful Del)and 2011 Appaloosa gelding (Jacks N Kings x Bugs Choclit Bayou).

#5 Mudder

Mudder

Keeper of the Wooden Spoons

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,498 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Well, I believe there are head cases- but I also believe that there are people who are just evil.

There have been people who do sick things and yet when they are researched- their brains appear "normal."

That is what I mean by normal! LOL!

Oxymoron again Heidi??

Sappy's son Hunter is my wooden spoon minion. Hunter ROCKS!!
Due to current financial restraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice... stole this from Saudimack
Murderous Mudzie Murtano

#6 MsDognNPony

MsDognNPony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

Just because someone lacks a conscience, doesn't mean s/he is insane.

The stereotypical "cold-blooded killer" is quite sane, often very intelligent, but lacks empathy for anyone except self. In short - s/he is a narcissist. They are smart enough to *fake* empathy when it serves their interests, but they don't truly FEEL any empathy.

Like Ted Bundy.

In many people's opinions - Casey Anthony is another example.

#7 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Just because someone lacks a conscience, doesn't mean s/he is insane.

The stereotypical "cold-blooded killer" is quite sane, often very intelligent, but lacks empathy for anyone except self. In short - s/he is a narcissist. They are smart enough to *fake* empathy when it serves their interests, but they don't truly FEEL any empathy.

Like Ted Bundy.

In many people's opinions - Casey Anthony is another example.

If they lack empathy, their brain scan would come up as abnormal. Not saying in this case they performed a brain scan, but I have found no mention of any mental illness or disorder. Most that are lacking empathy are classified as a "sociopath."

Hence- why I said, how some are mentally checked out as "ok" but still can be evil people.

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz

#8 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Oxymoron again Heidi??

Definitely.
I have the ability of single-minded determination and focu... Hey, look! A horse!
Posted Image

#9 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

... how some are mentally checked out as "ok" but still can be evil people.

IMO, if they "check-out-ok" yet still did/do heinous things, then there is NO WAY they can BE "okay" ... because seen or unseen ... SOMEONE's gotta screw loose! :confused0024:
Posted Image

#10 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

IMO, if they "check-out-ok" yet still did/do heinous things, then there is NO WAY they can BE "okay" ... because seen or unseen ... SOMEONE's gotta screw loose! :confused0024:

Hmm.

I dunno. I guess I just cannot fathom someone doing this. It is just awful.

Add the fact that they are your flesh and blood- and it is just mind blowing. :confused0024:

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz

#11 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Oh. You mean like how (according to you) a "not guilty" verdict automatically means someone is therefore 'innocent'?

I stand by my claim that "not guilty" is NOT a proclamation of innocence, it simply may be a lack of evidence and ability to convict a guilty person.

Guilt *still* can be there. :winking:
Posted Image

#12 nick

nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

but in the world of district attornies, "conviction" is all that counts,

there are plenty of people who, based on a psychological evalutation, would be deemed "normal", yet they commit crimes out of panic or rage, thus the "involuntary manslaughter" plea. ??
nick

#13 tokengirl

tokengirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

I assume the OP means "normal"=no medical reason for a person's violent, abusive behavior.

"Normal" people can be so cruel because they are untreated victims of abuse, usually from childhood. These people are full of rage and do not know how to cope so they take it out on the world around them. Different people act of that rage at different volumes. It's not an excuse, but it's a reason.

#14 Spunkers Gal

Spunkers Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Oh. You mean like how (according to you) a "not guilty" verdict automatically means someone is therefore 'innocent'?

I stand by my claim that "not guilty" is NOT a proclamation of innocence, it simply may be a lack of evidence and ability to convict a guilty person.

Per our laws, innocent until proven guilty applies.... It means there was not sufficient evidence to find a person guilty or the crime charged.

#15 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

Per our laws, innocent until proven guilty applies.... It means there was not sufficient evidence to find a person guilty or the crime charged.

According to the law, once you are acquitted, you are therefore innocent.

Just because the vast majority of people think that Casey Anthony is guilty- does not mean she is. If you do not have enough evidence to convict someone of murder, then you simply cannot just convict them because the vast majority think she is guilty.

I wish her well. And IF she did do it, she will eventually answer for it. I believe in Karma and God.

The case that I mentioned on my OP, was about a woman, who was proven guilty, of abusing her children, making them eat lard until they threw up, shooting one, and letting her "recover in the bath tub", with a bullet lodged in her back. When the teen recovered, she asked her mother to leave- and the mother agree, but only if she could take the bullet out of her back so there would be no "evidence." She gave her daughter pills and whiskey and sliced and diced her daughter open. Her daughter lay on the floor, in handcuffs- "recovering." Of course, the girl never recovered- when the girl turned yellow from jaundice an infection, the mother told her OTHER children that it was the devil - she loaded her up, instructed her sons to pour gasoline on the still alive girl- and burned her alive and left the body.

The second girl was locked in a closet- and essentially starved to death and her body was then stuffed into a box and dumped the body as well.

They had evidence of everything- and were able to convict her.

I am not sure how this compares to the Casey Anthony case at all. There was no evidence of previous abuse (with child abuse, there is almost always evidence of previous child abuse) and the prosecution couldn't even prove that the events they claimed took place, actually took place.

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz

#16 Spunkers Gal

Spunkers Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

Trust me I agree... I have been there in front of a jury. I know what she is going through, only on a smaller local scale...Posted Image Innocent/not guilty which ever your prefer...

#17 VAQHMA

VAQHMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

If they lack empathy, their brain scan would come up as abnormal. Not saying in this case they performed a brain scan, but I have found no mention of any mental illness or disorder. Most that are lacking empathy are classified as a "sociopath."

Hence- why I said, how some are mentally checked out as "ok" but still can be evil people.

They are classified with Anti-Social Personality Disorder to be specific. Narcissitic Personality Disorders are incredibly difficult to deal with, but by and large, they do not meet the profile of your typical serial killer. Generally speaking, if a serial killer is diagnosed with NPD, there will also be a diagnosis of Anti-social in there as well. You're not likely to see a serial killer with the sole Axis II disorder of NPD. Now of course, this is the norm, not the rule. :winking:

Posted Image

#18 VAQHMA

VAQHMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

Exactly. This is often the case of misdiagnosis and/or insufficient funding. An individual in the Northwest was initially not diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder by the prison psychiatrist. Said person attempted to self-castrate 16 times while in prison, in addition to self harming behaviors and 2 suicide attempts. It took a successful self-castration and the hospital psychiatrist to diagnose the individual with Gender Identity Disorder. Classic case of what you're describing. Just because someone is "checked out okay" does not mean they are by any means.

Posted Image

#19 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Per our laws, innocent until proven guilty applies....
It means there was not sufficient evidence to find a person guilty or the crime charged.

Of course, those ^^^ are our laws as defined by our legal system. However actual Guilt and Innocence are separate factual identities that can never change, no matter what is ruled in a courtroom.
... and it is widely known that the law does not always get guilt and innocence correct in the courtroom.
So ...

I stand by my claim that "not guilty" is NOT a proclamation of innocence ...

Would you not agree?
If someone were caught red-handed in the act of committing a crime and a legal technicality caused a 'not guilty' verdict ... isn't the perpetrator still factually guilty of having committed the crime?
Does a ruling of 'not guilty' reverse the factual actions resulting in harm or damage the person caused to another?
Or do the facts of those actions which caused harm/damage and the facts of guilt/innocence remain constant and unchanging?
Those were rhetorical questions, I don't expect answers as they are already known.

A courtroom ruling of not guilty does not automatically equal innocent if, seen or unseen, the facts are otherwise.
*please note I did not say facts 'proved' otherwise* I am simply saying facts don't change innocence or guilt, they are what they are whether the courtroom knows it or not.

Just because the vast majority of people think [someone] is guilty- does not mean [they are].
If you do not have enough evidence to convict someone of murder, then you simply cannot just convict them because the vast majority think [they are] guilty.

True. However the opposite holds true as well:
If there isn't enough evidence available to convict in a court of law, then outside of court that ruling won't change the fact(s) of guilt if the perpetrater *is* guilty. It just means they got-away-with-it.
Posted Image

#20 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

True. However the opposite holds true as well:
If there isn't enough evidence available to convict in a court of law, then outside of court that ruling won't change the fact(s) of guilt if the perpetrater *is* guilty. It just means they got-away-with-it.

Well, of course.

If someone is convicted and than later released because they were wrongfully convicted, well, you have your proof that innocent people do go to jail- and I am sure there are many innocent people who are in jail as we speak.

And the opposite of that is true too. I am sure there are released or acquitted individuals who are in fact, guilty.

But unlike the first scenario, you can never be sure if the person released is actually guilty or not. There really is no way to know- unless of course, in the case of Natalie Holloway and Van Der Sloot. Not only did he admit it on camera, but he actually killed another girl.

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz

#21 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

... you can never be sure if the person <snip> is actually guilty or not. There really is no way to know-

Ah! But you see? The point I am making is I don't have to know! ... the facts of guilt or innocence will never change, whether you, I, or anyone else 'know for sure' what they are. :winking:

Guilt and innocence exist whether it is perceived or not. :yahoo:
Posted Image

#22 shadow13

shadow13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

People can be neurologically sound but psychologically screwy-- or even psychologically fine except for being distanced (through intention, disorder, even practice) from social and emotional norms.

Exactly. This is often the case of misdiagnosis and/or insufficient funding. An individual in the Northwest was initially not diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder by the prison psychiatrist. Said person attempted to self-castrate 16 times while in prison, in addition to self harming behaviors and 2 suicide attempts. It took a successful self-castration and the hospital psychiatrist to diagnose the individual with Gender Identity Disorder. Classic case of what you're describing. Just because someone is "checked out okay" does not mean they are by any means.

I think I read about this-- wasn't the individual insisting she was transgendered the whole time, though, and asking for a surgery? Or they stopped providing estrogen treatments? While this is definitely a case of not recognizing a mental issue, I'd take issue to the suggestion being transgendered is the "screw loose" that causes someone to commit crime (if this is the implication).
Tara.

#23 Ann Wheeler

Ann Wheeler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

I am not sure how this compares to the Casey Anthony case at all. There was no evidence of previous abuse (with child abuse, there is almost always evidence of previous child abuse) and the prosecution couldn't even prove that the events they claimed took place, actually took place.

there are many unanswered questions, as well, the fact she didn't report her child missing, chances are she wasn't until her mother stepped in called the police herself., then Casey told a lie false story ,her daughter was kidnapped, bythe way the person she accused of kidnapping her child the nanny has brought a civil a lawsuit against Casey.
she was proven tobe lier, again beign she lied so many times, one can't help but think she lied about her father molesting her, her daughter drowning. .
Not able to prove anything deosn't necessarily mean there was abuse going on .NO one knows really how she treated her child privately,as the saying no one knows really what goes on behind closed doors.
reason why abuse isn't reported hard to prove as due to no proof, poeple can physically abuse without leaving bruises, emotional abuse as well, then there is being threattened themselve sor their families. Especially children who more volunerable and are told they are liers, no one will beleive them.

Another fact, at one time casey did want to put her daughter up for adoption, which is questionable, did she resent keeping her, ,did she resent her mother for stopign her, there fore she could have taken out on her daughter,. .

there are peopel who are very clever appear to be normal when they are not..... met one didn't know he was mentally ill, until he killed our horse.

there has been a case where a man wa marreid for several eyrs, raised afamily , known well a big leader in hsi community, he held a different darker lif as well,he was serial killer, he killed. other women. 30 years later he was caught.

people do research how to murder, cover up without leaving evidience ,how to cover it up..literilly do get away with murder, happened in the past, still continues today.
I still think Casey is more clever than what people think she is, chances are she got away with murdering her child due to no actual physical evidence... there are others out there also.
again proven not guilty does not mean one is actually innocent.
the justice system isn't perfect.

#24 carlofab

carlofab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Blondyb,

Good post, but some fine tuning on the law.

I'm no lawyer but think the rule on crimes by the mentally deranged is this: Did they know what they were doing was wrong?

It is the law against "double jeopardy that prevents a retrial. You cannot be tried for the same crime twice.

Meanwhile a finding of "not guilty" does not mean the person is innocent. It merely means a jury did not find her "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" based solely on the evidence presented at trial.

O.J. was found not guilty of killing his wife in criminal court, but was successfully sued in a civil court for the loss suffered by parents of the victims. (Rules of evidence are different, O.J. lacked his Dream Team, and most damning testified in his own defense. He was not very credible.)

Similarly a verdict of "guilty" goes not mean the person actually committed the crime. There are many innocent people in prison today; probably the largest single group are those convicted during the "child molestation" hysteria of the 1980s. Many children have since grown up and renounced their testimony, which they say had been given to please parents and social workers. This does not automatically release the imprisoned. DAs argue that defendants were tried and found guilty on the basis of such testimony. What motivates someone to subsequently renounce it is pure speculation.

Meanwhile the general public is given sound bites on TV, while supermarket tabloids offer lurid stories of wild and immoral behavior. The implication being someone with loose sexual morals is probably guilty of murder. None of this is admissible at trial.

As an alternate juror explained in an NBC interview, her lying and partying was not something new subsequent to the murder. It was consistent and typical behavior. She also had a support group (grandparents) to look after the child, so she had no motive to dispose of it.

I posted this elsewhere but here's the NBC interview:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43651613/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

#25 VAQHMA

VAQHMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

People can be neurologically sound but psychologically screwy-- or even psychologically fine except for being distanced (through intention, disorder, even practice) from social and emotional norms.

I think I read about this-- wasn't the individual insisting she was transgendered the whole time, though, and asking for a surgery? Or they stopped providing estrogen treatments? While this is definitely a case of not recognizing a mental issue, I'd take issue to the suggestion being transgendered is the "screw loose" that causes someone to commit crime (if this is the implication).

Yep, she was trying to tell everyone that she was female, but was dismissed. Her instant offense that made her "guilty by reason of insanity" was having a weapon in prison which is the reason why she was diagnosed in the first place. Said weapon was the razor blade she used to incise her scrotum. Her crimes that landed her in prison were bulgary. I was just using this as an example of how a non-diagnosis can be so radically different from the actually situation. Wasn't to saying a large percentage of GID's commit crimes :winking:

Edited by VAQHMA, 10 July 2011 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

#26 carlofab

carlofab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Here is an example of a legal nightmare going on right now...

For those who don't remember Amana Knox...

She was a 20-year-old American student at university in Italy. One of her roommates was found murdered in their flat. The DA, who had previously served 16 months in prison for abuse of office, decided Amanda and her boy friend did it.

There was neither motive nor evidence. The DA made up a purely speculative story that the two killed the roommate in a "sexual orgy gone wrong". Amanda was portrayed in local tabloids as a *****, with emphasis on her nickname “Foxy Knoxy” – which friends say she acquired on the soccer field.

Shortly after the DA declared the murder “solved” the real murderer surfaced. Rather than drop the case against Amanda and boy friend, he decided all three had participated in the speculative sex orgy. (The orgy was suggested because Amanda and boy friend had no motive for the crime.)

Amanda was sentenced to 26 years, her boy friend for 25. They have been in prison since 2007, and an appeal is currently underway. It appears to be going well because what little evidence there was has been discredited, including purported DNA evidence. But you never know…

What hurt Amada’s case was that under prolonged police interrogation she changed her story several times and engaged in strange behavior (an athlete, she once did cartwheels in the interrogation room, which disrespected and offended interrogators.)

Unusual interrogation techniques: She was given pencil and paper and forced to write down how – if she had done it – it happened. This was used against her in court.

She was also told her that she tested positive for HIV, and asked to list all her sexual contacts. She gave seven. Again, used in court against her as evidence of promiscuity.

Again, she’s been in prison since 2007…

This is frightening stuff. Enough to make you stay clear of Italy.

http://www.rollingst...20110627?page=1

Edited by carlofab, 10 July 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#27 Heidi n Q

Heidi n Q

Queen of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

So, do we assume the Inquisition is alive and well? :shocked:
Posted Image

#28 carlofab

carlofab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

So, do we assume the Inquisition is alive and well? :shocked:

Heidi,

The link to a recent Rolling Stone story is really worth a read.

Not just because of Amanda Knox.

It's very insightful into how a very strange mix of bad calls can get once accused, after which the tabloids stir it into a frenzy.

After the murder all the other girls either acquired lawyers or fled the country, and advised her to do the same. She was very innocent and wanted to help, and went to the police station on her own initiative -- and never came out.

#29 carlofab

carlofab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Okay, one more and I'll shut up.

This is a good example of how the media can mess with the truth and with people’s lives for profit…

Even while Amada Knox’s appeal is in progress, Lifetime cast Hayden Panettierie in a TV movie about the case that aired in February. If you had seen it, imagine how misinformed you would be --

Amanda Knox Lifetime movie full of mistakes, says CBS News producer

"Five 'Movie Facts' About the Amanda Knox Case That Are Incorrect" - the five biggest whoppers in the movie.

One: Amanda Knox's blood was mixed with the victim's in several spots on a bathroom sink.

The facts are that Meredith Kercher's blood was mixed with Amanda Knox's DNA, not her blood. The two women shared the same bathroom. In the trial of Rudy Guede, the judge said the bathroom DNA evidence was meaningless and threw it out of the case.

Two: the movie shows Amanda Knox hanging out with Rudy Guede [the killer] and buying drugs from him.

There is no evidence that any of this happened.

Three: Amanda Knox told one of her Italian roommates that Meredith Kercher's throat was slashed.

The movie suggests this happened just hours after the murder. The prosecutor, in the movie, knows there was no way for Knox to have known exactly how Kercher died unless Knox was the killer. Knox never told her roommate that Kercher's throat was slashed.

Four: A store owner immediately tells the police that Knox bought cleaning supplies in his shop the morning after the murder. The prosecutor believes it is evidence that Knox tried to clean up the crime scene.

When the store owner was first interviewed by the police, he did not mention Knox coming into his store to buy cleaning supplies. The shop's other worker testified that Knox never came into the store the morning of the murder.

Five: The prosecutor and police all speak English. So when Amanda Knox is being interrogated, she is being questioned in English. Knox is able to understand everything that she is being told and, in turn, her responses are understood by all the Italians questioning her.

The prosecutor does not speak English. The police interrogators did not speak English. Knox had only been in Italy a few weeks. Her Italian was limited. An interpreter was only brought in at the very end of the overnight questioning.

Complete text:

http://www.cbsnews.c...378-504083.html

Two more stories about more errors in the TV movie --

http://blog.seattlep...nda-knox-video/

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=12969134

#30 Blondyb

Blondyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Carl, I agree. 100% :notworthy:

That is essentially all the prosecution had was that Casey went out and partied- or in the Knox case, that she went out and partied. It is sad that Knox got convicted though- if she really is innocent. I have not read up much on the Knox case, but it is sad when people buy into the whole "oh she is a partier, so she must be a murderer" thing.

I think the jury did a great job in acquitting Casey of the murder and more serious charges since the prosecution did not show evidence that Casey was guilty of such things.

I think the majority of people are very unhappy with the Casey Anthony outcome- and it is sad to how ignorant some can be.

Wanting to go kill her, or hit her because they do not agree and think she IS actually guilty? That would be no different than what these people think that she did to her daughter.

This is why we have people wrongfully convicted. Because they say oh, well, they acted this and that way so, she/he MUST have killed the victim.

Look at the Scott Peterson case. Definitely not enough evidence there and now he sits on what, death row?

--Stephen King

Jazz The Spazz