#61 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

A version?
HC BB's: magicgold, redneckcowgirlmn, spanish_walkin_wannabe, CJF Farrier, Wild Rose, Sundowner Lady, Duns Of Impact, Pepsidog, MareKrazed, The Shamrock Stalker/ROK, DunOvero, ruckandride, RailRoad Woman, Peppers Dad, Stars_Morab, Pelirrojaloca, Tazzin, MRS & imabarrelracer!

#62 ¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

nice to meet you neeeeighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

equi- I'm guessing where they turn the baby themselves. I've never experienced it, but it looks extremely painful, so I hope the stinker turns for you!

Here's to hoping AF doesn't show up next month. But who knows. I'm not very optimistic, but I'm not disappointed this time either. I'm at peace with not having one right now if that's what God's plan is.

#63 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

That's what I was guessin, didn't realize it had a name.. Lol.. I've had to turn numerous breech calves and lambs... But human baby's are just a tad different. LMAO!
HC BB's: magicgold, redneckcowgirlmn, spanish_walkin_wannabe, CJF Farrier, Wild Rose, Sundowner Lady, Duns Of Impact, Pepsidog, MareKrazed, The Shamrock Stalker/ROK, DunOvero, ruckandride, RailRoad Woman, Peppers Dad, Stars_Morab, Pelirrojaloca, Tazzin, MRS & imabarrelracer!

#64 pelirrojaloca

pelirrojaloca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

I had one (a version) with Madelyn.

*sigh* Do you want the truth?

Here is what I would tell you:

If they offer it, I would try. They give you a medication that relaxes your uterus (but it makes you shake) and they have you lay on your back. They use an ultrasound machine to see where the baby is and what way they think is safe to try to turn it. Then, when you are ready, they tell you to keep breathing and they try to manually lift/turn the baby by manipulating your stomach.

They will try 3 times. If it doesn't work after that, they will schedule your c-section.

I refuse to lie (even though people told me I shouldn't tell so as not to scare others. I WISH I had been told). It hurts like ****, and I have a high pain tolerance. HOWEVER, even though it is such a severe pain, I would do it again in a heartbeat if it meant the possibility of a vaginal delivery.

I wish I had been told in advance how painful it was so I could try to mentally prepare and relax. They told me to 'say when' if the pain ever got too much, though I never did. They tried three times and even though I wanted them to stop, I didn't say so because I kept thinking what if she is close?!

Well, my stubborn little stinker wouldn't budge. She was wedged in there and wouldn't turn. They were only able to attempt one direction due to the location of my placenta.

Anyway, YES, it is extremely painful. YES it is great if it works. YES, I would recommend that a person dealing with a breech baby at least try it. YES, I would do it again if I had to if it meant the possibility of vaginal birth.

My C-section actually went exceptionally well, but I have to believe that vaginal birth is still easier than being sliced and diced.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I apologize if I scared anyone, I really don't mean to. I honestly think I would have been in a better place and more able to relax/focus if I would have had more information beforehand. I don't really know if it would have helped, probably not, but I still wish I would have been told.

Good Luck!

Brenna
Brenna

"If you can read this, thank a teacher."

#65 brlracr624

brlracr624

Insane and loving it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

I saw them do a Version on A Baby Story. It did look painful but her baby was able to be turned and she had her unmedicated(imo nuts) birth. But she was able to get what she wanted and had a easy vaginal birth.

I'm just so glad we are down to 48 days til I'm not pregnant anymore. I'm ready for this to be over already. And I'll be going longer with this pregnancy.
BB's I've met...Tazzin, Trinity, NCtrailgirl, DixieBelle, Loverofhorses36, edenn3583 and Lynnehall67

Slave to my animals
Tank my loving Heeler mix
Scout my feline master
JuneBug AMHA bay roan
Jinky the wonder goat Went to greener pastures 10/27/11

#66 pelirrojaloca

pelirrojaloca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, it is pretty intense. Not my idea of fun, but i had to at least try. I wish it would have worked for us.

My daughter's head was pretty messed up shape wise when she came out from being smashed up under my left rib cage so I am not sure it would have even been able to mold enough for me to have a successful birth even if the version would have worked.

She is fine now. It is AMAZING how much their little head shapes can change in just a few months!!!

My sweet little thing is just about as stubborn as they come and she has a very sweet but STRONG personality so I am not shocked that she was already 'getting her way' even before her birth, LOL! :rotf:

I LOVE my baby (even with her passion and temper). She is and is going to be such a FUN little girl. I have never met a child that likes to giggle as much as she does :grin:

Brenna
Brenna

"If you can read this, thank a teacher."

#67 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

we talked about that today at the docs(nobody mentioned thats what it was called, lol) and realize that its not going to be a painfree deal and i can deal with that.. lol.. but the issues that i have causing the early induction(blood issues), a c-section is NOT an option unless an absolute last resort at all costs to save both of our lives..
so im off to google anything that may remotely even help with the process of gettin the little munchkin ready for its trip into the world the right way.. lol..

joe was such an easy one on every level.. but this one, ooouuufftta, is more than making up for it. lol

a few pics of the little man..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Equi check out Spinning Babies.. and if you have a chiro nearby that will do the Webster technique.. that might be worth a try. I was breech supposedly and my mom did that with her chiro and it worked. there are also some yoga positions that help too from what I hear. I would try all of that before I ever personally attempted an external version. ouch ouch ouch!
- Megan - geeking it up with my hubby, T. Proud mama to H,E & S.

#69 Smokum

Smokum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Got my cerclage removed on Tuesday, now its the waiting game :smilie: She's head down and ready to go!

Will be 37 weeks on Sunday so I will be considered full term. Ugh, soooo uncomfortable, everything is sore, especially down there, I can't wait for this to be done.

Mama to 2 beautiful babies, one angel in heaven, 8 fur-babies; 6 dogs and 2 horses, and 19 chickens.

#70 Goldiebabe

Goldiebabe

Daydreaming about horses

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

How early did you ladies feel pregnant? I feel like I'm very in tune with my body and am feeling VERY weird the last few days.

Thanks! :smileywavey:

When I was pregnant, I believe I started feeling symptoms around 1-2 weeks after conception. My first symptom was sore breasts. And then I had a missed period and I did not test until I was like a week or 10 days late (it was not unusual for me to miss my period every so often) and then I got my first morning sickness around 6 weeks pregnant (4 weeks after conception). Oh, and I guess I did have to pee more frequently pretty early.. Like i had to wake up in the middle of the night to go pee which was unusual for me.

Well, only 12 days until my second/last embryo transfer! I'm getting so excited! I have a great feeling about this time. My estrogen levels and uterine lining have been better than last cycle and I think it will really help me not having Connor tag along to the transfer. I did not get to sleep well at night and relax when he went with me last time.. Looking forward to seeing the intended parents again so soon! I love them! I will be so devastated if I cannot help make them a family. They truly deserve to be parents!

---*Lexi*---
Proud mom to Connor, born 8/23/09! Surrogate twin girls "A" and "M" born 2/21/13!
Furbabies: Ash, Phoebe,Taj, and Schrodinger (cats) and Sampson (Holland Lop bunny)
Reptiles: Winky (Leopard gecko) and Kenyan Sand Boa (working on name). 

I met: Paintluvr, Jess*N*Bodie*, Tuckit, Tuckaway, Pride's Zippin Candy, GiddyUpHighly, elfinbien, nycowboy19, qhchick0220, BornConfused, JenniferLVAQHA, Halo's mom, Running_Free, illinois racer, Dragon, KuroReiAnge, and Rollin_after_a_bath, redneckcowgirlmn, and robertbel1! Who's next?!

#71 brlracr624

brlracr624

Insane and loving it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

We had our party for Mason today. It went great! Very small and all but it was great. We had good food from one friend, decorations from another and an awesome cake made by a third friend.

We got socks, clothes, wipes, diapers(even though we are doing cloth) and even a few things for me. So all in all it was a great day.

But after everyone left I noticed JuneBug my mini is having stifle issues again. Joy! She is only 3 and I know she may grow out of it but it bugs me to see her not being able to use her leg right for a few days at a time. I've done some researching online and it seems there are a couple surgical options and excersize options but being this pregnant I can't work with her to build her hind end. She has no pain from it and I can manipulate it very easy to normal. But she takes a few steps and it locks again. I need to get on top of her hooves in back because one thing said that high heels can cause an issue and right now she isn't trimmed enough. And there are no trimmers in my area that I trust to even think about touching my horses hooves without butchering them. Hence me learning to trim.

So now I'm just playing a waiting game I guess. Again she isn't in pain but I cringe watching her at times.

Good Luck Goldie, I'll be hoping this time takes for you!
BB's I've met...Tazzin, Trinity, NCtrailgirl, DixieBelle, Loverofhorses36, edenn3583 and Lynnehall67

Slave to my animals
Scout my feline master
JuneBug AMHA bay roan

#72 horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

hi ladies glad to hear everyone is doing ok.

You can add me to the TTC list.

this is only the second month at it but I'm hopeful it doesn't take as long as last time. I want another one before the boys are too much older. and I'm dieing to dig out all the baby clothes and decide what to keep and what to sell. but before I can do that i've gotta get preggo and find out how many it is and waht sex!! ah all the unknowns. lol

I was really hoping last month would be it, I had a lot of symptoms, sore breasts, nauseau, smells affected me and i sas waking up in the night to pee a lot, still having a lot of the symptoms but i did get a period last month, or sorta anyways.

It was a weird one and was mostly just brownish spotting except for the last day or two was more like a real period.

This time has been a bit more difficult to find the time to dtd with the boys around, both of them have been sick lately so one is usually in our bed half the time, and my husband is still not fully recovered from his car accident so that provides some issues cause he has lots of days where he doesn't feel so great and is sore.

but I'm trying to be calm about it all this time, it's just tough.

as for the boys they've been sick pretty much non stop for the last month almost. it started with a random fever for ty first week of september that lasted a day or two, then they sorta took turns where one week one of them would be sick randomly once or twice then everything would go away and the next it'd be the other one. then last week wyatt started complaining abotu his mouth hurting and he had a fever of almost 104 and his gums were all red so I took him in. doc said just a bad cold and red gums were from the fever.

next day he was crying non stop about his mouth hurtibng, refusing medicine and just plain miserable, and the red gums turned to more canker looking things. so we took him back and they said it's some virus that causes these sores in his mouth that hurt worse than shingles! ouch!

so the poor kid has been miserable for a week now, refused every bite of food for at least 3 days, and refused medicine with fevers of 102 and 103!! thanlfully he's back to eating now and the fever has gone completely, it was a rough week for all of us. he cried all day and wanted to be held non stop and slept restlesly in our bed most night so no one got sleep.

thankfully were getting back into a routine, but of course last night ty started running a fever of 102, and again today. hubby says he's playing ok otherwise so hopefully he doesn't get it as bad.

other than that they showed at their first horse show sunday in the costume class, we dressed them up as peas and my mare as a pea pod for two peas in a pod. they won the class and everyone loved it but of course i forgot to get pics. they also showed cattle for the first time at our fair this year and loved it. they are going to make great little show people.

they are talking and doing so much more now too. ty can sing the theme ong for cat in the hat, and wyatt has his very own guitar he can actually play. it's scary how fast they grow!
Mom to twin boys Wyatt & Ty born April 21, 2009 and awaiting number 3 November 6, 2012

Posted Image

<b>My critters:</b>
Charlie (Bando Char)-Standardbred mare
Cheyenne - Quarter Horse mare
Emmy (Reckon I'm Radical) - AQHA mare
Mambo (Miscelaneous Missile) - AQHA mare
Diamond (Steps Diamond Chip) - AQHA mare
Ruby (Kruzin in Krymsun) - AQHA filly
Lou (AQHA name pending) - AQHA colt
J D (An Absolute Mister) - AQHA Gelding
Tulsa - Yellow Lab
Georgia - corgi
Bodacious - One wild kitty cat!

Next year's planned foal crop:
Miscelaneous Missile X The Krymsun Kruzer
Reckon Im Radical X Lazy Loper
Steps Diamond Chip x Lazy Loper

RIP:
Lady (Don't skip zips lady - AQHA)
Phoebe (Heavanly Investment - AQHA)

#73 chino is neato007

chino is neato007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

shawnee, I started feeling preggo RIGHT away. I did "it" a couple days before Thanksgiving, and that weekend I was miserable. Pukey, no appetite, very sensitive to all the smells in the kitchen. The following week I noticed tender breasts and very frequent trips to the bathroom.

My little Elliott has been having a rough few days. His potty training went down the hole. He does fine at school, but at home he has accidents. He's not even ashamed. He just tells me he is wet and he peed in the dining room.
He's also starting to have a serious problem chewing on his shirt. On the sleeves, the collar, and now he even picks up the bottom and chews there too. A teacher says it's because he is stressed - which may also explain the potty problems.

I have been stressed and it's quite possible it's affecting Elliott. I took Sunday afternoon off from "mommy duty" and my mother noticed that he was REALLY gnawing on his shirt while I was gone.
I feel awful!

I'm going to start working a few nights a week and I'm sure that'll tragic for him.
I don't know how to help him. I HAVE to leave but I don't want him to stress over it so badly.

Last night I played poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

#74 horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

ughh :thud: I'm so embaressed!

So since were ttc and one of my best girlfriends is to and mentioned that she bought an ovulation test kit I thought what the heck it cant hurt right.

So I was shopping at lunch and grabbed one and I pulled the booklet outta the box and tossed it in my purse so i could read it over on my break this aft. Well I guess when I dug in my purse for something it fell out on my desk and I didn't notice.

So a few minutes ago i was talking to my boss and she motioned for me to look over my shoulder and said you might wanna put that away if you dont want people to talk. I look over and there clear as day is the big clear blue booklet sitting out.

ahhh... so now she's obviously thinking I'm pregnant I bet and wondering maybe why I havent' mentioned it yet, or if I'm going to. I bet it'll be the lunchroom chat for weeks. or certainly a topic of interest in her mind.

Note to self do not take stuff like that to work with you.
Mom to twin boys Wyatt & Ty born April 21, 2009 and awaiting number 3 November 6, 2012

Posted Image

Tulsa - Yellow Lab
Georgia - corgi

RIP:

#75 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

hgj!! I haven't seen you around here in a long time! How are you and your boys doing?

#76 horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

growing like bad weeds!

They are 2 1/2 now. what a fun and challenging age. They talk so much and understand so many things. every day is something new it's hard to keep up. I'm heading to a meeting now but when I come back I'll share some new pictures of them.

and your boys? Hunter must be almost in school by now! wow I remember when you first had him.

It's scary how fast they grow

Posted Image

Tulsa - Yellow Lab
Georgia - corgi

RIP:

#77 farah

farah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

I just snoop over here on occasion because I'm definitely NOT in the market for a baby, just like to see the updates. But I'm curious about something - Goldie, what made you decide to be a surrogate? About 10 years ago, I debated doing this for the sole reason of helping someone else, and while I think experiencing pregnancy would be AMAZING, I have no interest in having children. What stopped me from pursuing it was concern over deciding at the last minute that I really DID want the kid.

Sorry, if I'm asking for too much personal info, but I'm curious.

#78 JumpinIrish4ever

JumpinIrish4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

You can add me to the TTC list. However, it wasn't meant to be this month. I'm really struggling with the fear that maybe I won't ever get pregnant. I know its silly but dang this is disappointing.
~*Kate & John*~

Visit My Website!

Proud Owner of Maywoods John, John, a Thoroughbred gelding!
i got to meet scamp nanner nanner!
R.I.P Irish...you were my baby girl, I love you...you will be in my heart forever...3/14/84-05/01/04

~Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...~

<a href="http://p086.ezboard.com/bacowboysprayer" target="_blank">http://p086.ezboard.com/bacowboysprayer</a>

Member of the "I met a Board Buddy Club". I met Scamp, wild horse, Mea772, NixRagDoll, RA, Icelady, PaintedHorizon, MadDog, Pam63, Docsplace, Trailmom, Wildmare, GoldPiper, Horseles, and Dapple!!

#79 brlracr624

brlracr624

Insane and loving it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

Guys I know this is late and the code doesn't work anymore but I got a STEAL on Babylegs. CD mommies will know what I'm talking about. I got like 12 pairs for $31 and free shipping. Original order was $124 and I saved $93 bucks.

I got some for little soon to be here Mason and some that Kindra can wear too if she will.

Oh and we got our top line of hot wire restrung and the new charger up and MAN did that thing pop miss Fantasy HARD the first time. It was great. Haven't had a problem with her since. That is taking some stress off.

Well I't 37 days out from my c-section date. I'm getting really nervous that I'll go into labor before hand though. This little guy is HUGE already I'm nervous that he is gonna be ready before me. But we have all that we need, pump, car seat, diapers(cloth and sposies from mom) and all that. We just need to get Kindra her big sis gift from Mason. Then we will officially be done shopping for this guy.

Jumpin GL I know I was worried about that too. Then we lost one at 8 weeks gestation and had testing done. Was told I would NEVER carry a pregnancy to viability. Well I have my daughter Kindra and a soon to be son, Mason. So even if you do find there are complications you can still get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. Dr's can be VERY wrong.

Slave to my animals
Scout my feline master
JuneBug AMHA bay roan

#80 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

HGJ WOW, 2 1/2 already?! Goodness! so glad to hear things are going well for you. Do post pics, it's been too long!

My boys are doing well too, Hunter is in pre-k and doing quite well. he's my little genius of the family. Everett is going to be 3 in November! :twitch: He starts a special needs pre-school program after his birthday. He's about 2 years delayed, and we're hoping he can rebound from that. so far we don't have a lot of progress, but we're giving him time to overcome his delays. They're both growing up way too fast for my liking!

I just thought of something.. has anyone heard from Rockin Rider lately? She was overseas and had two boys.. I miss her updates a lot!

brl - 37 days?! wow! I swear the older I get, the faster time goes by.

Jumpin - are you charting? I know the frustration of ttc very well. The disappointment every month SUCKS. Lots of baby dust for you!

#81 ¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

I started my period yesterday and we are going to use the ovulation kit this month. I just don't know. We don't have money to do extensive research into why it isn't working, but I will hopefully get in to see my GYN this month or next.

My period is starting to come earlier and earlier which makes me think its a hormonal thing. Which frightens me, because I have never taken any form of hormone and I'm worried if I have to start hormone therapy to get pregnant.

*sigh* This is just so heartbreaking.

#82 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

If you haven't started charting, you should. It sounds like maybe a luteal phase defect.. I went through this for a while, and it took me a bit to get it back to normal because I never saw the doctor about it. Definitely chart and please don't waste money on ovulation kits. If you're like me, they will not be accurate. Charting will help you better pinpoint ovulation since OPKs only detect the presence of LH, which in many women is already present throughout their cycle. This means that you might always get lines, or positive tests when you are not actually ovulating. If you want to use a kit, save up money and go with the Clear Blue Easy Fertility monitor. It's pricey but is really the only adequate test you can do that will track things for you. I'd still rather chart personally.

Funny enough one of my friends tried for a year before her OB-GYN put her on provera and then clomid to conceive.. she finally got pregnant on her 2nd round of clomid. Her son just turned one in june, and now they just had an oops are they're expecting #3. A lot of times, fertility issues don't even have a reason. It's totally worth talking to your doctor about it.. for sure.. especially if you're at 12 months or longer of ttc.

#83 brlracr624

brlracr624

Insane and loving it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Sappy I have a question for you. I was at our local consignment sale and picked up some cloth diapers and one of the lots had a wool cover. I got 6 Bumkins and a wool cover for $5. I know the wool alone is worth way more than that so I'm stoked.

So how do I wash and care for this thing? I have heard about lanolizing and such but what and how do I do that? I'm confuzed but so happy! I also got another lot of some snappi fitted(didn't even know they made them) and some snappi's and it had a XL wetbag in it plus a few diapers again for $5. I think it was a total score!

Slave to my animals
Scout my feline master
JuneBug AMHA bay roan

#84 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I wash my wool in a mild soap like baby shampoo. This tutorial is what I generally link to new wool owners: http://hyenacart.com...hp?c=97&p=37063 I use her wool wash, too.. best wool products I've used in almost 3 years.

nice job scoring some diapers!

#85 ¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Sappy- when you say charting, what does that mean exactly? If I read correctly, when you chart your temp, it will be higher AFTER you ovulate, which according to the articles will be too late to conceive. It doesn't seem sensible to chart temps only to find out when it's too late.

And what did you do to correct the luteal phase defect?

#86 horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

horse_gal_jen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

Not the greatest pics but some fairly recent ones.

me and ty on my mare:
Posted Image

My stylin boy Wyatt:
Posted Image

Ty on his best pal Mambo (They do wear helmets to ride we just took em off for pics)
Posted Image

Wyatt on Mambo
Posted Image

both of them on mambo
Posted Image

on a ride at the fair:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tulsa - Yellow Lab
Georgia - corgi

RIP:

#87 MyNova

MyNova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Hey everyone!

I haven't been on HC for a while, but decided to drop in. No more TTC for me, my husband had a vasectomy. I'm happy and sad. Five little boys keep me pretty busy, though!

Travis is going to be 10 in a month. I can't believe it, how does time pass so quickly?

Blake is almost 14 mos old, little booger is into everything! He tries so hard to keep up with his big brothers.

I don't remember which of you is going for a VBAC, but I have VBAC'd and did a ton of research before hand. If you have ANY questions please let me know.
I can't wait to hear everyone's updates!

Edited by MyNova, 10 October 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#88 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Paint - charting is a very easy thing to do, and really once you got it down you'll know your cycle. typically speaking in many cases, temps dip at ovulation and climb after. You will also note changes in cervical mucous and if you're really wanting to be thorough.. cervical position will also help you. The idea is to pinpoint your most fertile days and baby dance on those days. It is FAR more accurate than OPKs which merely detect a hormone that sometimes climbs in some women around ovulation. For charting all you need is a basal thermometer (yes it matters, but they're very cheap between 5 and 8 bucks typically) and the ability to chart your temps. I highly suggest reading the courses on fertilityfriend.com in depth and read them again after you think you've absorbed it all.

I didn't really do much for my LPD. My insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments. it took a while for me to get back to normal. The OBs typically have other treatments you can try.. and there are also herbal supplements that help, too. I think it's either soy isoflavones or vitex.. but google those before you take my word for it.. I know one of them helps with LPD. Funny enough, after my luteal phase corrected itself.. I noticed I wasn't ovulating at all. All thanks to charting I was able to know these things.

HGJ - they're so grown up! oh my goodness!

#89 Goldiebabe

Goldiebabe

Daydreaming about horses

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I just snoop over here on occasion because I'm definitely NOT in the market for a baby, just like to see the updates. But I'm curious about something - Goldie, what made you decide to be a surrogate? About 10 years ago, I debated doing this for the sole reason of helping someone else, and while I think experiencing pregnancy would be AMAZING, I have no interest in having children. What stopped me from pursuing it was concern over deciding at the last minute that I really DID want the kid.

Sorry, if I'm asking for too much personal info, but I'm curious.

I don't mind answering that, farah!! For me, ever since I had my son two years ago, I wanted to help a couple who could not get pregnant achieve their dream of becoming a family. Becoming a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I had such an easy and wonderful pregnancy with Connor and thought I would be the perfect candidate to be a surrogate. My husband and I are not sure if we will have another child of our own, but if we do, it will not be until Connor is 5 or older. So I figured now is the time to do my first surrogacy journey. With Connor's pregnancy only two years behind me, I feel like my body is in perfect shape to get pregnant again. I'm not worried about becoming too attached to the surrogate baby. I have become great friends with the couple (who were perfect strangers when we matched through a surrogate agency) and want nothing more than to make them parents! It will give me so much satisfaction handing their biological baby over to them. I think with a traditional surrogacy arrangement where the baby is biologically related to the surrogate would be much harder emotionally.

If you are still considering being a surrogate, I will tell you that unless you match independently with a couple (without an agency), you will probably not be able to do it since you have not been pregnant before. One of the big requirements is that you have carried a pregnancy to term. It is very risky to have a surrogate who has never been pregnant before since there is no telling how well their body can carry a baby to term.

In other news, I am back in the 2 week wait!!!! I just had two embryos transferred this morning and my uterus and uterine lining looked perfect their cycle. The doctor and nurse practitioner were very optimistic this time! Really hoping it worked... I am in CT with the intended parents until tomorrow when we go to NJ, then I fly home on Sunday. Hubby gets to stay home with Connor. I am enjoying my bedrest right now!

Good luck to the ladies TTC! I don't think you need to worry about fertility problems until you have TTC for over a year with no luck.

Loving the new pics of Ty and Wyatt! So Wyatt lost his red hair? They are so darn cute!

---*Lexi*---
Proud mom to Connor, born 8/23/09! Surrogate twin girls "A" and "M" born 2/21/13!
Furbabies: Ash, Phoebe,Taj, and Schrodinger (cats) and Sampson (Holland Lop bunny)
Reptiles: Winky (Leopard gecko) and Kenyan Sand Boa (working on name). 

I met: Paintluvr, Jess*N*Bodie*, Tuckit, Tuckaway, Pride's Zippin Candy, GiddyUpHighly, elfinbien, nycowboy19, qhchick0220, BornConfused, JenniferLVAQHA, Halo's mom, Running_Free, illinois racer, Dragon, KuroReiAnge, and Rollin_after_a_bath, redneckcowgirlmn, and robertbel1! Who's next?!

#90 ¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

¤PaintJumper2oo4¤

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Goldie- I think I was the one who planted the seed of surrogacy in your mind, my sister asked me to consider being a surrogate for her and I came on here asking about it. I want to say that you are an amazing woman, doing what you are doing for them. It takes a lot of selfless actions on your part and you truly deserve my respect!

Sappy- Thanks for the info! I will pick one up at the store next time I'm there, and start charting. I know its hard to get discouraged before a year of trying, but it took only one try for Natalie to come along!