9 replies to this topic

#1 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

2 years ago hubby and I got a Keurig coffee and iced drink maker (the platinum model) from FIL.. We LOVE her (and FIL, lol).. And she has been a very trusty and faithful servant and really don't want to see her retire...

A couple times in the past few months, she's been acting up.. And normally with alittle coaxing, she can be talked/cussed into one or two cups.. But she's now "growling" and getting pretty slow..

I've done the vinegar thing a few times to speed her up.. And a month or so ago, a diluted down version with CLR and she was revived to almost new again..

Any revival ideas?? Or just go fork out the $$$$ to replace the old girl....

(it's awful when you almost consider your coffee maker a family member!)
HC BB's: magicgold, redneckcowgirlmn, spanish_walkin_wannabe, CJF Farrier, Wild Rose, Sundowner Lady, Duns Of Impact, Pepsidog, MareKrazed, The Shamrock Stalker/ROK, DunOvero, ruckandride, RailRoad Woman, Peppers Dad, Stars_Morab, Pelirrojaloca, Tazzin, MRS & imabarrelracer!

#2 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

:rotf: ROTFLMFAO!!!!! :huggy: Poor Equi! Just go buy a cheap $9.99 Wally World coffee maker & get it over with, you can't kill those things!

#3 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Red- bite me... I said that when hubby was beside himself ecstatic when we got her.. I rolled my eyes and said.. Whatever.. How can a $150 coffee pot be that much different? Well... After the first cup, I was hooked.... 97 different kinds of coffee right at your fingertips just have to add creamer and you have better coffee than StarSucks(ya with a S, not a B!) Because it ain't BURNT!

(it's also the only way I get perfect caribou without driving all the way to the airport in Denver, conveniently the ONLY place within 700 miles.. And Caribou IS religion. )

I thank my hubby and FIL for turning me into a "coffee hore".. I used to be happy with whatever coffee was cheapest at Walfart run thru a $20 coffee pot.. Thanks to them, they created my addiction while they could enable their own and not has me laughin at them.. Hookers!
HC BB's: magicgold, redneckcowgirlmn, spanish_walkin_wannabe, CJF Farrier, Wild Rose, Sundowner Lady, Duns Of Impact, Pepsidog, MareKrazed, The Shamrock Stalker/ROK, DunOvero, ruckandride, RailRoad Woman, Peppers Dad, Stars_Morab, Pelirrojaloca, Tazzin, MRS & imabarrelracer!

#4 Sweetaddiction

Sweetaddiction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

We love ours. Its coming on 4 years now. I suggest keep cleaning it. You probabily have pretty hard water which will slow it down with lime deposits pretty fast. If the CLR worked then I'd run it through a few times to make sure its super clear.

If you like expresso, we have a Nespresso machine! Oh my god, just like the real thing. Love that too.
Dopeler effect: the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you fast
Sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

If all roads lead to Rome, does that make this the end of the earth?

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
I met a board buddy - Scapoose, Draftiemama, Qtime, Yankeeviper, Havnapp82 and Desperate Housewife

#5 LoveMyDog

LoveMyDog

This is like a 9.5 awkward for me right now...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

I would think longer then 2 years. My parents have had one now for several years. They bought it was they were still pretty new. We have one that is almost a year old and zero issues with it.

I love it too, but for the tea and hot chocolate. I am not a coffee drinker. The boyfriend enjoys it though.

#6 equi-librium

equi-librium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

Sa- we do have hard tap water.. But we only use distilled water in it and faithfully change the little carbon filter deals... So that shouldn't be an issue, or atleast I dontthink so.. Maybe it is.. Idk..

I ran some CLR thru her again and she's fast again.. But still "growling".. Idk.. I guess I'll keep babyin her along til she croaks.. 2years old doesn't seem like a very long life, but she does make quite a bit of coffee everyday..

We love expresso.. Not sure if I tell hubby about another "must have machine" or not.. Lol..

#7 journeysgirl

journeysgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,765 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Mine was doing the same thing and was only 6 months old. Come to find out there was gunk in the tank at the bottom of it that the removable tank sits on. Not sure how it happened, but with a couple cats and dogs in the house. Some how critter hair got it in.. *shudders*. I used a flash light and tweezers and got the stuff out and she runs like a champ now.

I agree, I got mine as a Christmas present a LOVE mine. I need a portable sized one I can take on overnight trips.

1c958838-4475-4695-b61d-b8ec73e28191_zps

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.
The winds of heaven blow between my horses ears (Arab proverb)
Everyday you are unhappy is a whole day wasted not being happy.
Eff em and feed em fishheads!

Member of the "I met a board buddy club" : MarsCandyBar, Apps4life, Appyluver, Snowyhorse, Greenhaven

#8 nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Take ours!!! I asked for a auper cheap one with a timer/clock on it and my mom got me a 150 dollar keurig. We have never liked the coffee and NEVER use it! I feel bad but we just don't like it. The only reason she got us one is b/c my older sister wanted one so of course she got what she wanted. I felt horrible b/c I didn't want her to spend that much money on a Coffee maker!!! ugh. Take mine. I'll sell it for 100 bucks...only been used maybe 6 times.

#9 pintobeans

pintobeans

fart face

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,581 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oh great, boyfriend thinks I hang out on here with a bunch of nutty people now. He read this over my shoulder going :blink: :questionicon: the whole time :happy0203:

jenna
Been Jammin - Benny. Simply my best friend.
Tuesday - TB cross chunky mare, dressage BALLER...to be.

Venus Drive - OTTB foster child
I've met a board buddy! saudimack, Ardent, Jacks, barrelracer17, BeRandee, redrunnincowgirl, The Sugar Lady, rattusrat, KoolKats
My riding journal
ae4d5648-3c94-40a4-88fe-911f26a0f299.jpg

#10 Taglet

Taglet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

My dad has had a Keurig for almost two years now and uses it every day and it's still running strong.

I don't generally drink coffee, but I'm starting to again. My roommate introduced me to her french press and I don't think I'll ever go back to drip coffee.

Posted Image

.:Melanie:.