• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1385 replies to this topic

#61 Blaze Face

Blaze Face

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Good to see you again Blaze. Let's see your new saddle, it it English or Western.

Since when does anything concerning owning horses make any sense? Posted Image

MMM...chili sounds good! I cannot get warm today and that would hit the spot! Paul is due to get up now and I have no idea what to make him for his dinner. he works second shift

I have some frozen stuffed pasta, that might have to do with a salad.

Enjoy your big bowl of chili, I'm off to hunt down that pasta. Posted Image

of course i forgot pics! lol I was going to wait and get some this weekend ON my horse but I couldnt wait :happy0203:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:yahoo: I cant wait to ride in it!! maybe I will get to eventually, gives me something to look forward to anyway!

chili sure does smell good but I am trying to work up the energy to go to town and get some shredded cheese and crackers, didnt realize we were out...whoops! I have some tortillni in the freezer that I need to cook, that sounds yummy too! ( I love pasta!)
Happy Trails To You

Mommy to:

Tanner - RT Kings Wild Blonde - 2009 Palomino Mare
Jacky - Canspicuously Smooth - 2007 Red Roan Gelding
Beevis - Mr Fancy Playgirl - 2011 Palomino Gelding

#62 haffytrailstoyou

haffytrailstoyou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Beautiful Saddle!!!

I've not done any catch up reading. I've been riding Dusty every day cept for the last two when it has been so very windy. My folks sent me two saddles that had belonged to my Grandad and were passed on to my Dad. Someday I'll post pics on FB.

Short story. I'm alive and kicking. Still working 6 days a week 50-55 hours a week. It is taking its toll on me for sure but gotta keep on keeping on I've property taxes to pay and I know I'm gonna have income taxes to pay. May be having a lean Christmas.

So hope all yall are doing well and we get the rain we all so desperatley need.

Love yall.

"I'm movin on, at last I can see, life has been patiently waiting for me...." Rascal Flatts

I Met A Board Buddy: Bess, StarMom

#63 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

Morning all :smileywavey:

QH
Well, that does sound a little better. Now that I understand trunk or treat it sounds like a kiddy tail gate party.

Becaco
I do have a couple of pictures of Cady in her costume. I'll have to get them off my computer at work. She was a Ladybug.
At first Cady called me Nana, then somewhere along the line she turned it into granmommy :confused0024: What ever it is, I come when she calls.

Blaze
That's nice. I hope you enjoy riding in it. We had Chili last weekend. Then Monday I made home made potato soup. Tonight I'm making chicken and dumplings. :drool: I wonder why I'm gaining weight?

Haffy
So glad to hear from you and good to know you're alive and kicking. :huggy: Christams isn't about what you give, it's the ones you are with :huggy:

Got to run, a hundred things to do today.
Ya'll have a great day :smileywavey:
I met board buddy:
FarmGirl-824, QH_LUV_R, CrazyChicken, and Magnumgirl

"cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of.
You might bend till you break, cause it's all you can take,
On your knees you knot up, decide you've had enough
Then you get mad. You get strong. Wipe your head, shake it off.
Then you stand"

#64 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Haffy because you are working such long hours, promise you'll take good care of yourself, get enough sleep, especially during flu season. I would hate to hear you are sick and missing work etc. Posted Image

And don't forget to PLAY! Posted Image

At first Cady called me Nana, then somewhere along the line she turned it into granmommy :confused0024: What ever it is, I come when she calls.

Don't we all! Posted Image

Sat. night Paul and Amanda are going to Jones Hall to hear the Symphony play the Beatles along with a cover band. While I like the Beatles, Jones Hall is not my cup of tea, you have to dress up...and drive Downtown with those STUPID light rail trains! They FREAK me out, they come out of no where and scare the ever-lovin crapola out of you...AND worse...they've killed people who aren't used to them for goodness sake.
Trace will be at his Dad's so I guess me and the dogs will have a quiet evening of chick flicks.

Wanna hear something weird and scary? Two weeks ago, Trace had a dream that Jody died! (she's the paint horse)
We made sure Trace mentioned it to Petrene at his session that week, she always asks him about his dreams anyway. She told Amanda to keep an eye on her so if she did get sick we'd catch it early. And we have been watching her closely and she's been fine. Until A. fed last night!

She wanted no part of eating, even tho she'd eaten well when I fed in the morning. JODY IS NEVER, NOT ONCE, BEEN OFF HER FEED!
A. said she was coughing too. This am, she didn't come to eat with the others. I put hay at her feet and she nibbled it and then had no interest.
I want to get a temp on her but she's not wanting to be caught. I am going to try and lure her with maybe an apple for the others and being the Alpha mare she is, she'll come to me.

Could ya say a prayer please. Will let ya know what comes of it. We can't get her to the Vet until after 5:00 because A. has to haul her.
My HC Board Buddies in Order of Appearance+++J.R.&Gin+++FarmGirl824+++MagnumGirl, Crazychicken/family+++SmileItLooksGoodOnYou ttt

#65 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Jody's at the Vet. Big thanks to Riley for hauling her up there for us. Amanda's Boss is on vacay and seeing as she's Commercial Boss, she can't take off.
We'll know something by late this afternoon.
Will keep you posted.

My HC Board Buddies in Order of Appearance+++J.R.&Gin+++FarmGirl824+++MagnumGirl, Crazychicken/family+++SmileItLooksGoodOnYou ttt

#66 Blaze Face

Blaze Face

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

:angel3: for you mare QH
Happy Trails To You

Mommy to:

Tanner - RT Kings Wild Blonde - 2009 Palomino Mare
Jacky - Canspicuously Smooth - 2007 Red Roan Gelding
Beevis - Mr Fancy Playgirl - 2011 Palomino Gelding

#67 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Jody will be fine, she has a virus. Come to think about it, her symptoms are just like Moons when she had a virus.
Thanks for the prayers.

#68 Becaco

Becaco

I Cowgirled Up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,460 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Still prayers for Jody, QH that she gets well soon.

Yesterday was mine and DH's birthday, tomorrow is our anniversary. Let's see how many years is it now........ 46. The kids fixed us up with a steak dinner tonight. We will go where my Son the Chef works.

Other than that nothing much going on here.

Oh! wait. There is one thing. Yesterday the DH came in the house, saying the key to the gun safe. He saw a bobcat on the other side of the chicken pen. He said those dumb *** chickens were all lined up looking at the bobcat, like that is a big housecat.

#69 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

QH - :angel3: for Jody's recovery. It's good you caught it early.

Blaze - Great saddle.

Haffy - I just got my property taxes too but they aren't bad at all due to it just being land and ag/timber exempt. At least you are getting to ride.

JR, Bec, Slip, Robert and everyone :smileywavey:

I've been busy with school as usual. November is always crazy with projects due and tests and massive amounts of grading. I get one stack of papers graded just in time to receive another stack.

"Fear is the thief of dreams" - Anonymous

Peppy Sue Aly (Arious) - 1998 Appendix AQHA buckskin mare
Bindi - 6 yr old female GSD

#70 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Good morning, hope everyone enjoyed the extra hour of sleep. I forgot to turn the clocks back and slept in. It didn't matter except that the horses were still on old time and got fed late. Posted Image

Thanks for the good thoughts Peppy, Jody is on the mend. She's slowly getting her appetite back, but prefers hay to her pellets.
She's lost weight, she looks great, we've been cutting back her feed for a while trying to get her trim. That girl is an easy keeper.

This crazy weather! Ran the heat yesterday morning and the AC last night. I pray we get some rain with this front, we got nothing with the last one. Might be best we didn't seed last week.

What about that earthquake in E. Ok.! We have a lot of Okies on HC, Posted Image for anyone who had damage.

I enjoyed my quiet night alone. Dusted the DVD shelf, discovered movies still in the wrappers that I do not remember buying! So I picked 3 of my favorites and watched them back to back, no interruptions, no football, no car shows! Posted Image
Just a night of solid "Chick Flicks".

Amanda and her Dad had a wonderful time last night. The Symphony is doing Pink Floyd in May, that, I will get dressed up for!

Need to get a shower and hit the grocery store. Hope ya'll have a great day, be safe.

Edited by QH_LUV_R, 06 November 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#71 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

I'm still hanging around, reading your stories. Not much going on here. :smileywavey:
I can now be reached via PM. Thanks.

#72 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

happy Monday Moring ya'll :smileywavey:

QH
Glad Jody is okay and you caught it in time

PS
:angel3: for Dakota on Wednesday

Epona
get your goats in a row missy and tell us whats going on :happy0203:

Becaco
:duh: Chickens! I guess they aren't God's smartest creatures.
Did DH get the bobcat?

We didn't go get Cady this weekend because she had a little cough. It's best she stays home with her mama.

I woke up Saturday morning to find that my wonderful horse and pony has torn down the fence. :twitch:
Knocked a whole panel out and could have walked away if they chose to. I know, I didn't have the hot wire plugged in. It's all my fault for not plugging it back in. Lesson learned.
We went to TSC and picked up 2 utility panels to fix the destroyed area.
I'll be picking up two panels every month and replacing the whole fence a panel at a time. Thats going to be a 3 year project :(

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#73 Slip'nSlide

Slip'nSlide

Horse Mafia Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hey Texas buds...sorry I've been MIA...Toby colicked and I'm inpatient with a blood infection.

Well, Tari is at her new home and loves it home. Her rider is getting used to her and emails me daily. She is SO sweet. I admit though, it was hard to sign the sign the transfer on the papers. Here's the dirty ol gal getting her feet done before they arrived the next day:
Posted Image

Toby colicked on the day I woke up with a 103.3 degree fever. He hadn't eaten his grain, nor his hay. So I walked out and saw his water hadn't been touched. I took him out and began to walk him when he fell to his knees. I kept walking him until it was apparent he needed vet care. My friend came over and gave him some banamine so we would ease pain on the way. We got there, and he had a small pile in the trailer that was full of SAND! So he got tubed, electrolytes, and metamucil to clean the sand out. Two days later and he got to come home! Toby all drugged out:
Posted Image

I am loving working with Toby, but can't ride until my back heals further. I like dressing him up as a barrel horse! Poor guy...
Posted Image

Doesn't he look enthused? He will tie quietly for hours:
Posted Image

His awesome brand!
Posted Image

Being naughty chewing on his rope:
Posted Image

He's really packing on the weight now. He was in a major trailer accident on the way here the first time they attempted to make the trip. He lived at A&M for a week and was given a clean bill of health. He has a shaved spot above his tail from where they did nerve testing and some sort of laser treatment.

The osteomyelitis is awful. My ankle is healing slowly. We tried a day without my boot and my ankle got huge! Back in the boot I went!!! I ran fever since the Saturday before last and was finally admitted Wednesday. It's been brutal. They pulled my PICC line so I only have regular IV access that only allows certain medications. I haven't been able to eat for nearly 10 days.

My ankle:
Posted Image

My poor hand and arm:
Posted Image

Oh, I got truck back after nearly 5 months! I love how it looks!
Posted Image

Blaze-That is a nice reining saddle!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Edited by Slip'nSlide, 07 November 2011 - 07:58 AM.

~Shayna

Journeyman 1 Certified Farrier & Blacksmith ~ Striking 7's Ranch

Posted Image

Bartwo Telusion - "T" Multiple ROMs in Halter - Open/Ammy Aged Gelding

Painted Grullo Dude - "Toby" Roping, Sorting, Playdays, Trails
Bright Easter Jewel - "Jem" Driving, Show, Games - Taken over by my 7 year old son :o)

I critique horses, however I am brutally honest. If you need a critique done feel free to drop me a PM - I try to get things done on the critique board, however I spend a lot of time inpatient and without internet.

#74 MareKrazed

MareKrazed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Oh dear Slip!! Glad Toby is ok. He looks like a good boy. What exactly is this osteomyleitis? Sounds awful! Prayers that your infection gets better, that you can eat, and that you get to go home soon.

QH - Glad Jodie is ok.

My hubby has chemo today. This is the beginning of the end of it - midpoint. The weeks are beginning to run together for us both. I had him at the hospital last Monday b/c he had 104 fever. He was so nice to share the crud with both me and Tyler. I've got my fingers crossed that they give him chemo today....it's going to really break his heart if they postpone it. He wants to get it all done and over with.

I have a doctors appointment this Friday. I'm pretty nervous about it; but it'll be ok. Just hoping they can figure out what is going on with me.

I'm not a huge fan of the time change. I like it in the mornings but in the evenings when it is dark by the time I get home I hate it. I hope to get to the barn to see Iana tonight or tomorrow. I won't see Chistoso until this weekend. :(

#75 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

:huggy: Slip I wish there was something we could do for you. :angel3:

Mare
:angel3: Hoping for a great downhill run :huggy: That doesn't sound right but you know what I mean.

Well, I've been running in circles as usual.
Last week Becaco asked if I had a picture of Cady in her costume.
I just got around to loading it, so here ya go.

Posted Image

ya'll have a great day
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#76 Becaco

Becaco

I Cowgirled Up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,460 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image

Of course, Cady Bug was a lady bug for Halloween. And a what a cute little bug she is.

Slip :angel3: :huggy:

Got a little bit more rain last night. Every little bit helps.

#77 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

JR Cadybug is adorable and growing up...she's a little lady now.

You'll love those panels. AND gosh do they come in handy!

Yesterday the DH came in the house, saying the key to the gun safe. He saw a bobcat on the other side of the chicken pen. He said those dumb *** chickens were all lined up looking at the bobcat, like that is a big housecat.

Posted Image
Bec you probably didn't see the story out of Houston about the woman who went to her car to go to work, backed out of the drive way and there was a coyote under her car!
It then ran and dug under the fence into her backyard where she had 2 dogs. She called the police and managed to get her dogs in the house before they were harmed. They ended up shooting it after a while.

This morning Stumpy, our one footed duck, didn't come up with the others to eat. I sorta panicked because they have no pond to fly to for protection and with one foot, Stumpy is very vulnerable to predators. I called to him and he came. He's the only duck I've ever known to come when you call his name. I just adore him, he has a huge will to live.
We discussed locking him up this winter for his protection but for him to be alone without his friends would be hard on him.

Mare I hope hubby was able to get his Chemo yesterday. How long do the sessions last? Many many Posted Image this will soon be behind him and you.

I am concerned about what's going on with your health. Are you thinking you have an auto-immune disorder? Posted Image
Let us know what the Dr. says Fri.
Give Ty a hug.

Yes Blaze...nice saddle!

Slip, there are no words for what you have to endure, life sure dealt you a tough hand. Posted Image Posted Image
So happy Toby is ok after colicing. Posted Image
Finally you have your truck back! What that shop did to you is criminal! Like you needed one more burden heaped on your shoulders! Posted Image
Glad Tari is settled, I know her having a girl to love and cherish her is a load off your shoulders.
Did you sell your halter horse?

Peppy, I imagine you are looking forward to your 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving? And Christmas break is right around the corner. Posted Image I do love Christmas!

We might need some good thoughts about a problem with Trace's school recently.
They tested eyes and found Trace's vision to be 20/60 in his bad eye. The school nurse sent a paper home requiring he be seen by a Dr. because the test showed an impairment. I'm quite sure, she expects him to be prescribed glasses! BEEN THERE DONE THAT not going there again!

My question is...where the he!! is all the paperwork we already provided them each step along the way? Peppy, don't kids have a permanent file that goes with them?
Amanda sent a note with a quick synopsis on his medical history stating glasses do not improve his eye sight. Obviously it was not satisfactory as the nurse called her at work saying she needs him to be seen and they must be provided paperwork from the Specialist stating glasses are not beneficial.

Seriously, what more we are obligated to do for him besides yearly eye exams?
Which BTW, he just had in Sept. when the dog scratched his eye! Amanda's Insurance Company will only pay for one eye exam per year, so another exam would be out of pocket and Specialists connected with Texas Children's Hospital charge BIG TIME!

Amanda called his local Specialist, they refused to provide paperwork because it's been over a year since they saw him summer of 2010. They told her to take him back to the Specialist at Texas Children's who performed his surgery 3 1/2 years ago.

This is what scares me, the Nurse or ISD has the power to make one's life miserable if you don't comply to their satisfaction.
Amanda said she will fight this one! It's not as if she didn't do everything she could Medically to save Trace's eyesight!
When Dr's. did all they could do, his Mom sought alternative therapy, which has done what medicine could not do. Proof is in the fact, Petrene's Spiritual healing has taken the sight in his eye from 20/200 to 20/60. That's pretty conclusive enough for me!
Amanda said she's done with it unless she hears from the School again. If she does, she'll level with them about the Spiritual healing and they can accept that explanation or not.

That should be interesting. I just hope the Nurse accepts that explanation and it goes no farther than that. Doubt it though with the State needing paperwork.

#78 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

We're getting a good rain! Woo!

Of course Apple is just standing in it. Silly pony.

#79 Slip'nSlide

Slip'nSlide

Horse Mafia Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

QH-I still have T and I have no plans of getting rid of him. He is at Turnin's house getting fed up and about ready to be fit on the treadmill for this upcoming season. Coming into January it'll be time to bodyclip. Poor fella. We had plans to go to Worlds to Turnin and her horse Chance, but I was inpatient for 3 weeks prior to the show and he lost his glow and bulk.

I cannot wait to get home and work with my Toby...I miss him! I am hoping to find a REAL reining trainer to send him to for 30-60 days of good riding. He is broke to ride, but I want that reining horse handle. I'm also hoping to find a place to team pen/sort on a regular basis with another friend who rides an awesome mustang mare that just needs miles.

Anyhow, its medication time, hope everyone had a GREAT day!
~Shayna

Posted Image

Bright Easter Jewel - "Jem" Driving, Show, Games - Taken over by my 7 year old son :o)

I critique horses, however I am brutally honest. If you need a critique done feel free to drop me a PM - I try to get things done on the critique board, however I spend a lot of time inpatient and without internet.

#80 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

PeppySue
Good Luck and Prayers for Dakota today :angel3: :angel3:

Howdy and 'mornin' to everyone, :smileywavey:
I'm running late again :thud:
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#81 MareKrazed

MareKrazed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

JR - I feel like I run late more than I run on time. I try so hard, but I can't seem to get ahead ever.

Hubby got chemo Monday, thankfully. He goes today to get disconnected from the chemo pump. So far he's done well this treatment. I hope it continues. This was #7 of 12 total. He should be done by the middle of January. Yay!!

QH - They really aren't sure what is going on with me. I hate to be so vague. The neurologist thinks I may have MS. I've had every MRI with and without contrast done, a spinal tap, and an EEG so far. We are still waiting on the results from the spinal tap, it takes at least 4 weeks and that was this Monday. I hope to hear something from the doctor today. Friday I have to go see a urologist and I'm really nervous about it. :(

#82 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Mare it sounds like it might be auto-immune. If it is MS, I know people who do well through diet/exercise/stress management.

Posted Image for you and hubby.

#83 Slip'nSlide

Slip'nSlide

Horse Mafia Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Foremost, thanks Bec and everyone else for the hugs and prayers, they are definitely enjoyed. My white cell count continues to drop meaning the drop so that means the infection is getting better. Someone had asked what ostomyelitis is-it is an infection of the bone. My vertebrae are infected, L4 and L5 including the disc were being eaten by a yeast infection. It was by far the most painful infection I have ever had.

I hope everyone is having a great morning! My breakfast is here so I'll be on later! Bye friends!
~Shayna

Posted Image

#84 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes for Dakota guys. :huggy: It worked. He went into surgery yesterday and they cut the tumor out. He has a nine inch incision on his side with stitches that will stay in two weeks. The tumor was solid and totally encapsulated and the vet feels she got all of it. Some sections were sent off for testing. They cleaned his teeth and he had several small tumors in his mouth they removed as well. His hips were x-rayed and his right hip is normal and his left shows some deterioration. Nothing bad though which is good considering his age and size. Just don't ask me the vet bill. :thud: Since he had surgery, he is hamming it up. Got to sleep on the bed with his head on the pillow last night. :rotf:

I did get a picture but will have to wait to the weekend to post it. This hasn't slowed him down at all. He broke out of the house during feeding time so he ended up feeding the horses as usual.

Slip - :angel3: you get well soon. Toby is cute.

Epona - Glad you got that rain. We got some too. Dark dark clouds and a tornado warning.

MareKrazed - :huggy: Not knowing has got to be the worst. I hope they get it figured out soon. :angel3:

QH - I don't know about the records. The school is supposed to send their records with them as they go from school to school. At least I think so.

Have a good night everyone. :smileywavey:

#85 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

RenFaire with DiluteMe on Saturday, yay!

Everything else is the normal around here. Not too much interesting.

#86 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes for Dakota guys. :huggy:

Good to hear.

This hasn't slowed him down at all. He broke out of the house during feeding time

It probably hurt when he moved or bumped it and now the pain is gone.

The school is supposed to send their records with them as they go from school to school.

We haven't heard from the nurse since the phone call, hopefully she'll drop it. If not, if I can remember her name Posted Image I will contact the last eye Dr. he saw for the scratch and have them FAX their notes, I had to explain his history and the nurse wrote it down. And since they did an eye exam, those results are there too. If they need more than that...TOO BAD!

Just don't ask me the vet bill. :thud:

Amanda knows the feeling, Jody's little viral infection cost her $350! That was to go into her Christmas activity fund.

Mare I hope your news was better than you were expecting Posted Image
Hows your DH feeling?

Are you doing the Polar Express this year? We have tickets for Dec. 17th. Can't wait! And I'm so mad at myself! I forgot to open an e-mail from the Texas State RR for a sale on the Polar X-press jammies. They were like 55% off and Trace promised this year he would wear pajamas with his Mom.

Slip hope you are home with your family/horses now. Continued Posted Image

QH-I still have T and I have no plans of getting rid of him.

Posted Image

Bec, Posted Image

JR, what cha got going this weekend?
We're going with Chad/Riley to the tree lighting in Old Town Spring tonight. Gonna hit the shopping about 4:00 before the ceremony at 6:00. This kicks off our Christmas activities this year. Taking pics I promise!

Haffy, Blondi, Blaze come say hello we miss you.

Epona, you and Dilute have a fun day at the Ren Fest. Drive defensively when you leave, too many people leave there intoxicated and every year there are bad wrecks. I will say a prayer ya'll stay safe.

Jay got the pastures planted Thursday. He was hoping for a calm day wind-wise which it started out being! He got here early and discovered the seeder had a broken roller pin. That began the 3 hour Odyssey to find one and some sort of tool to tap the old one out.
By the time he got it fixed it was 12:00 and windy Posted Image
He's hoping he got an even covering but we won't know until it comes up. Now it needs to RAIN!
Robert where are your Indian dancers? I need them ASAP.

Hope everyone has a great day, be safe.

#87 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Epona, you and Dilute have a fun day at the Ren Fest. Drive defensively when you leave, too many people leave there intoxicated and every year there are bad wrecks. I will say a prayer ya'll stay safe.

Thank you QH! We had a great time and posted a thread here in GCC.

The traffic WAS insane. Usually when my husband and I go, we bail right after the last joust and do okay, but this time we got stuck in some INSANE traffic and got cursed at by some dummies in a camaro. Quite hilarious.

#88 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Glad you got your pasture seeded QH. We do need some mega rain dancers to bring rain. We had a chance this weekend but nada. Sending rain vibes your ways.

Epona - Glad you had a good time. It's been a few years since I last went. Drivers are just plain crazy wherever you go.

Got my camera to upload Dakota's pics but forgot the cable. Will try and post tomorrow. I think your right QH and it doesn't hurt him anymore. I can't believe how fast it grew.

Hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow. :smileywavey:

#89 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

We had Cady for the weekend and I must have read the same book 50 times :surrender:
She loves to look at magazines, of course I have the Downunder Horsmanship. She points to the horses and says "horse horse." I'm trying to get her to say "Clinton" She just calls him "man" :rotf:

Epona and Dilute I saw your pictures and it looks like you had a blast.
Yea, traffic is a bugger.

PS
So glad Dakota is doing fine. :huggy:

Got to go, it's Monday and I have a ton of stuff to do this morning.
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#90 haffytrailstoyou

haffytrailstoyou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Howdy All! Just doing a quick check in. Still working 50-60 hours a week and it is getting hard. Tired all the time! Not been able to ride cuz of the wind. My Corgi got ran over on purpose, I've a new rescue at my feet. Poor little thing. Husband still has not found work, my patience is running thin and I don't know what to do about it. Keep getting threatened with rain and not getting any, sigh.

Beautiful saddle!

Slip glad the colic got taken care of quickly. So wish I could take your pain and illness away for you. Hugs.

Mare, hugs for you as I know you have been going through a terrible tough time.

"I'm movin on, at last I can see, life has been patiently waiting for me...." Rascal Flatts

I Met A Board Buddy: Bess, StarMom