• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hotstuff

Hotstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I have my older gelding bare foot he has been for years and trimmed every 6 weeks last month he was slightly off on his right ft hoof no swelling or heat in the leg or heat in the hoof cleaned it out nothing there. It seemed to go away he is turned out almost every day so I can watch him move around. Blacksmith came and trimmed him on friday and he has a few blood spots in the white line of that foot the others are fine today is tuesday and he is off again.He has never had any lameness problems is 16 years young and was a barrel horse I have him since he was 6 mos old he was never campaigned hard and the last 6 years he has been used for trail riding he is not over weight and never has been always healthy except about 8 years ago he had a bout with tape worms but not since.. The blacksmith rolled his toes as always and he had no problem trimming him. Any ideas why he has blood spots? any reccomendations? open to all suggestions thanks

#2 missyclare

missyclare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Pictures would be best. :smilie:

#3 Hotstuff

Hotstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

The photo I got is to small to see the spots I will try to borrow someones camera tomorrow the spots are tiny but you can see they are blood just in the toe no where else in the hoof, it seems warm today will call the vets and see if they have any ideas too ..