11 replies to this topic

#1 Horsefeather

Horsefeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

i have a code. hubby bought me a large box of moisture tissues last night and ive already used half of them. my hed is in a vice.

i want to ride. not even really ride. i just want to see my pony. i havent seen him in over 2 weeks.

i hate being sick. this is my second cold in less than 2 months.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you cant help smiling when you push one down the stairs.

shhhhhh.......

#2 Alaskandraft

Alaskandraft

Let it snow!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I've been suffering for about a little over a week now.. stupid cough is driving me crazy! tried all the fancy remedies..switched even to a different one today to try and clear my stopped up ears... I've been through 5 boxes of Puffs with lotion just this week and have new boxes in every room..:thud: I'm sick of being sick! Thank god only 32 more days of exposure to the disease ridden spawn that board the buses...I'm sick of kids coughing on the back of my head or in my face when they enter the doorway!:mad: And whats with licking everything they come into contact with!

AD

b575c2b0-fc46-4324-b0e9-28cf032b9558_zps

Home of :

The horses/Deborah K Farcuer, Bonita Angelica, JJ Tuff Butt, Snows Miss Nooks, Pleasantly Pefect, Zephyr and Airee

The Dogs/ Indigo, CoCo, Max and Minnie   The Cats/ Tynee Kitty, Mockie, Powder & Spook  The Pigs/ KC and LAY C Masterpiece

#3 Eskielvr

Eskielvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,249 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

{{{HUGS}}}

To both of you..

Smile.... it will make people wonder what you are up too. :happy0203:

#4 Alaskandraft

Alaskandraft

Let it snow!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Well at least I'm healthier than most at work.. I chose not to go to the doctor for anitbiotics... the ones that did now have yeast infections :thud: .. At least I have some parts that are still healthier! :rotf:

AD

Home of :

The horses/Deborah K Farcuer, Bonita Angelica, JJ Tuff Butt, Snows Miss Nooks, Pleasantly Pefect, Zephyr and Airee

The Dogs/ Indigo, CoCo, Max and Minnie   The Cats/ Tynee Kitty, Mockie, Powder & Spook  The Pigs/ KC and LAY C Masterpiece

#5 N4L

N4L

Chief Cat Box Mucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

I hear you, AD. I've been lucky this year though. I didn't get sick, but my bus assistant has had a cold all winter, it seems. Disase-riddden spawn; I like that!!!!

#6 Indianshuffler

Indianshuffler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hope you both get to feeling better soon.
People who will tell you the brutal truth when needed are keepers

#7 carlofab

carlofab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

lots of rest and chicken soup

:smilie:

#8 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

AD,i just spewed cheesy vegitables all over the screen at work from laughing...thanks! :rotf:

I hear you guys on having a cold. I have a permacold all winter long it seems like. I always have since i can remember. Luckily this one should be the last round of it. Wait,no...i have a son now so i will get another one in a week.
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Little Twister-4yr John Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt
RIP 2/5/12 Riley-22yr Appaloosa Gelding~always in my heart. Love ya old man. </3

You can't beat a dead horse,but you can drag it around the square!

You know you're a horse person when...
your boyfriend complains that you love your horse more than you love him and you say: "And your point is..?"
...no one wants to ride in your car because they'll get sweet feed and hay in their socks and on their clothes...but that's ok because you'll have to rearrange all the tack to make room for them anyway!

#9 Alaskandraft

Alaskandraft

Let it snow!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well at least my sniffles and bronchitis is gone, all is left is me being very hoarse from all the coughing I was doing.. IT's going around.. Not sure if it is a flu bug or a cold that turns into bronchitis, but it last 2 weeks.

26 more days and then freedom from all those crazy parents and sick kids. I can't tell you the details, but my kind of job really makes you want to push for licensing of parents before they have children.:duh:

AD

Home of :

#10 missouriDun

missouriDun

President of CRAFT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

26 more days and then freedom from all those crazy parents and sick kids. I can't tell you the details, but my kind of job really makes you want to push for licensing of parents before they have children.:duh: []quote[/quote]

Amen to THAT!

#11 FireCracker_gal

FireCracker_gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

As soon as I start to feel I am getting sick, I take Emergen-C immune plus. You take it twice a day. For me, I truly believe it helps. There have been times when I wake up with a scratchy throat and can feel it in your chest, but when I take this I usually wake up the next day feeling fine. If I do catch a cold it only lasts 4-5 days.

Sending cold removal vibes to everyone who is sick ~~~~~~~~~ Feel better yet?

Edited by FireCracker_gal, 17 April 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#12 Horsefeather

Horsefeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

im about 98% better. i just have an underlying snuffliness that i want to go away. and a cough. but i got most of my voice back.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you cant help smiling when you push one down the stairs.

shhhhhh.......