7 replies to this topic

#1 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

So yesterday was a complete upper for me. I was very lost training wise for a while. I just didn't know what to do and I needed direction. A friend of mine has the same mind and background I do and introduced me to PNH. Wait stop before you barf.. I decided to mix in PNH with my traditional/classical background. So I'd say I'm a mix between a lot of different trainers however... the PNH is working amazingly with Czar.

I've had Czar since he was 6months. He will be 3 the end of April. I LOVE this colt. Hes very sensitive, wiling, quiet.. blah blah blah.. BUT when hes bored, he gets kinda disrespectful. Not in a push way but in a la-di-da not paying attention to me way. The 7 games has eliminated that.

Anyhow! Yesterday was our 10th ride, 3rd with a saddle, 2nd with a bit, 2 in fenceless territory. No response to the horses calling in the pasture, we went to the back of the house and up to the porch, he was leary of the 4 dogs and person on the porch looking at him but that's okay. We walked on and into the cornfield we went. My Ike dog came with all was good. Got a little ways into the field and Thomas decided to run up behind him, Czar scooted but came back RIGHT away as soon as I sat down and said whoa. He was nervous of Thomas after that so we followed Thomas at a walk, that was fun. :) went across the road into another field, asked for a trot.. he picked up an AMAZING working trot, just about picked up a canter and I pulled him back. I'M not ready for that. We walked to the creek. Let the dogs splash in the water. I had Czar just stand and relax in the middle of the road. Good just standing practice. Then we walked home. Little more than a mile ride. Dogs running around him, he was a gem!!! All loose rein, head relaxed, ears forward. I was giddy all night! Oh did i mention that his chain chin strap kept getting caught on his full cheeck so I took it off mid ride? Yup I'm excited! Next Sunday **** be going to SAVVY meeting with me. Plans are to take him camping and on Midwest trail ride this year... (when and where is that btw?) I do have a pic but it on the computer. Idk how to get it from my phone to here any other way. I had to share... thanks for reading. :)

#2 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,228 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Burgundy,

Great that Czar is working well for you, the more exposure you can give him the better he will become. Is Czar your grulla gelding? Is he the one you were considering leaving a stud? I hope all your rides with him are good ones. Best Wishes & Happy Easter. PD

#3 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yup that's him! The grullo gelding that I was going to leave a stud... today was ride 11. Its SUPER windy and he didn't move one foot wrong. Still no turning around when Arctic and Annie were calling and running. I'm very happy with him. :) I took a couple pictures of him and his brand new pad today. Will upload them later.

#4 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,228 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Burgundy,

I'm going to come down your way & ride with another gal from your area yet this spring, I hope, just have find a time that works. Maybe we can connect up sometime. In the past we have mainly just rode along the lighter traveled roads. But then you may not enjoy riding with two old people!! LOL I moved away from your area 50 years ago, now I feel like a stranger there, but when I dig deep enough, part of my roots are still there. You take care & stay straight in the saddle with Czar. Best Wishes & Happy Trails. PD

#5 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hey "old" people can be just as fun as young people... sometimes even funner Because you have "experience". Keep me posted id love to go on a roady!

#6 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just thought I would add some pictures of Czar for those who are interested...

11th ride.. super windy this day.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

4/12/12
Posted Image

Edited by *BurgundyBlankets*, 14 April 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#7 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,228 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Burgundy,

I was wondering when you were going to post pictures of your gelding in training. Looking good. Best Wishes. PD

#8 Brownie_Cinnamon_my_girlz

Brownie_Cinnamon_my_girlz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

For some reason i'm guessing I missed this one. He is a showstopper! Great looking gelding and congrats on his training he looks awesome!