• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mo qh trail rider

mo qh trail rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I know that I have put several pictures on here of Bar K Wrangler Camp in the past, but we usually end up going here at least a couple of times a year. It is one of our favorite "close to home" areas to camp and ride. It only takes us about 1 1/2 hrs to drive here. We spent this past Fri, Sat, and Sun riding in this area located near Chadwick, MO in SW MO. The trails are in the Mark Twain Forest and located in the Swan Creek Conservation area. Our friends, Dave and Pris went with us.  
Posted Image

Posted Image

We took out granddaughter Jazmin, and her friend Trinity. They giggled for 3 straight days, almost non-stop.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I told the girls not to get in water above their boots. How long do you think that lasted?
Posted Image

It sprinkled on and off Sat during our ride, but the rain didn't amount to very much. The dogwoods were still blooming, but by next weekend, the flowers will probably be gone.
Posted Image

It rained harder on Sat, shortly after we got back to camp. We timed it just about right. I took this picture when the horses were still getting along with each other. Shortly after this, 2 of the geldings got into a rearing and kicking match (even with hobbles on), so they had to be separated. Good grief! They ended up with a couple of mild scratches, but nothing major.
Posted Image

The girls "set up camp" in the back of the trailer, staying dry. A little horse poop didn't bother them at all. I read somewhere recently that it is good for our kids to get dirty and actually increases their resistance to disease. These girls got filthy every day, so their immunities should be good for awhile.
Posted Image

We had great weather on both Fri and Sun. Sat was a little wet, but wasn't bad. Over all, it was a great weekend of riding and camping.  
Posted Image
Happy Trails,
Elaine

Photo sharing website:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bemcelroy

From time to time, find yourself a place so peaceful that you can enter the quiet.

#2 goatmom

goatmom

Are we done yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

What a beautiful place to ride. I am going to make it there someday. Nothing wrong with the girls getting dirty. That just means that they are having fun. I believe you are healthier when you get out and get dirty. I don't remember being sick when I was kid like the kids nowadays. They need to get outside instead of sitting in front of the tv all the time playings games.

#3 Peppers Dad

Peppers Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

mo qg trail rider,

Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are very good as usual, you only re-enforce that the Ozarks has alot to offer the trail rider. Very good that you could bring your grandaughter along with you on your ride, I hope she will continue to enjoy being with grandpa & grandma. Happy Trails & Best Wishes. PD

#4 HorsingRound

HorsingRound

Ride 'til you puke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

It's on my list of places :-) One day I'll ride through a hardwood forest.

Painting by Sal Vasquez (of me and my horses ♥)

I've met Board Buddies: CrazyTrailAdventurer, BigHeart, Zmecky, Siseley, Zakima.

#5 KatyB

KatyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Great pics - love those girls!
Katy
enjoying every day!
Posted Image

#6 kitten-kat

kitten-kat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

I Miss Missouri.. I was there a few years back for Basic Training in the ARMY, I was at Ft. Leonardwoods, (or lost in the woods depending on your preference.. I loved the woods while I was there.. Though the fact everyone in my Company got a tick accept me, didn't bother me much either.. (gotta love those match heads.

yes I am dyslexic, and no i dont have spell check anymore.. sorry..

Great place for Utah, and those Visitng Utah can come find a friend or a safe group, to ride with

https://www.facebook...ahtrailfriends/

Proudly Owned by "Daniel", an 04 Buckskin Tennuvian Gelding, and "Lrya", a beautiful little 2.5 year old  Buckskin Peruvian Paso filly.  Both bring a lot of joy and sanity to my life. I cant wait for the riding seasons..

Please Click On my Baby Dragon Eggs and Baby Dragons so they will grow up big and strong.

[/url]">PumKy.gif