Jump to content


English Saddle Pads

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Stars

Flying Stars

    Jaw Yapper

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My house

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Do they run in diff sizes?

What do you look for in an English Pad?

Sorry this is totally new to me!


“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.”


#2 BrennaLee



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:COLORADO

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

They do run in different size variations (Pony, Horse, Mini, ect..)
And whatever suits your horse best, there are wither relief pads, half pads, wedges, and many more things to get your horse's back comfy.

Check out:

They all have nice pads.

#3 lopoa



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

In my 40+ years of riding English, I have gone back to the good old Sheepskin saddle pads. They wick sweat better (cotton absorbs it and get wringing wet). I have found that if you start with a quality, correctly fitting saddle, you don't need all the fancy add on's. Less is more. (Example: If your saddle is too narrow and sits high in the front, low in the back, then you add a bump pad under the seat to level it, you are actually creating more pressure on the front).
My preferred brand is Equine Comfort Pads. They are thick, soft and come in a variety of colors and sizes. You can find deals on closeouts on their site and auction sites.

#4 huntseat303



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kentucky

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

There are many types. Depends on your discipline. There are dressage pads, hunter pads, jumper pads, hunter under saddle pads, etc. Also half pads, square pads, fitted pads, number holder pads...


What is your discipline? That should narrow it down.


For a wide selection, check out Dover Saddlery's website. That's where I buy all of my stuff!