Quantcast

Photo

What Is Everybody Doing With Their Horses This Weekend?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 psmitty

psmitty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Maria and I are trailiering over to a friends place to trail ride tomorrow. We have not seen them in a while so really looking forward to it. Will probably throw back a few beers, cook out then hang by the fire pit and tell stories.

The weather is suposed to be perfect.

Sunday I'm going to drive down to Saint Simons Island to visit my dad and take him out to eat.

Edited by psmitty, 13 April 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#2 LostHorseRider

LostHorseRider

Ride The Journey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

They say it's going to storm here this weekend.

So my plans are to pull Waffles up to the barn clip her legs and trim up her mane and such.
Jasper , Savvy and Taylor (currently with his other owner)

Met Board Buddies-Morning Dusk , Smileitlooksgoodonyou and Storey!!

#3 horses forever

horses forever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Suppose to get bad weather here on Sunday in the DFW area. GRRRR. I do not mind the storms as long as they do not have high winds, hail and definitely no tornadoes.
Prayers that maybe this whole thing will go another direction, even though I do not wish any bad weather on anyone.

Have a GREAT weekend.

#4 LostHorseRider

LostHorseRider

Ride The Journey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Suppose to get bad weather here on Sunday in the DFW area. GRRRR. I do not mind the storms as long as they do not have high winds, hail and definitely no tornadoes.
Prayers that maybe this whole thing will go another direction, even though I do not wish any bad weather on anyone.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Just east of Waco so I feel ya about the storms
Jasper , Savvy and Taylor (currently with his other owner)

Met Board Buddies-Morning Dusk , Smileitlooksgoodonyou and Storey!!

#5 Serah Rose

Serah Rose

Ramblin Rose?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

depends on the wind. I'll probably just go on my traditional 3hr Sunday ride all alone and take pictures of dead things like I've done every Sunday (except Easter, when I went home) since I moved out here...sigh. I want someone to go riding with.
*Canter for the Cure*

http://www.etsy.com/...signByPorcupine - still need quills but have a few necklaces back in stock!

http://contributor.y...serah_rose.html my published articles

#6 dappledbay

dappledbay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Storms here, too. I may ride in the indoor if it doesn't get too bad. Last night Joker and I went and galloped up and down hills in the pasture. Next weekend I'm hoping to take him XC schooling,
Rhiannon

There's no place like home.

#7 Serah Rose

Serah Rose

Ramblin Rose?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

we are getting much needed rain, and not-so-needed wind. So...TV and books and junk food for me...standing outside in the wind breaks for Mosely and Patsy. I'm glad it's my day off and I don't have to feed/muck in this weather! lol
*Canter for the Cure*

http://www.etsy.com/...signByPorcupine - still need quills but have a few necklaces back in stock!

http://contributor.y...serah_rose.html my published articles

#8 Skipatardy

Skipatardy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

:smilie: Rode with two of my friends yesterday in Camden, SC - Hunt Country - 5,000 acres of AWESOME! Had a fun ride! 70's and sunny - great friends - great horses....wish y'all could have been here to ride with us, too!

#9 Kiss The Sky

Kiss The Sky

Twisted diamond heart- I'm the weekend warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hey Psmitty, I was in your neck of the woods this weekend, doing the dressage show at Highfields! It was perfect weather! Did 3rd level with borrowed pony and did super, and Bennigan masqueraded as a warmblood and came within half a percent of winning his training and first level classes- and he had the week off before the show after reenacting his failed racing career by running like a lunatic and slipped in the mud on Good Friday, pulling two shoes and coming in sore. He hadn't done a leg yield or medium trot or canter in two weeks, much less practice the test, and still pulled it together!

I keep you in a flower vase
With your fatalism and your crooked face
With the daisies and the violet brocades
And I keep me in a vacant lot
In the ivy and forget-me-nots
Hoping you will come and untangle me one of these days

#10 Rebels_Gal

Rebels_Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

My Filly just started trotting poles. I'm having so much fun with this horse! I just adore her!
~Suzanne, Rebel and Angel.

'Carry me into the wind. Take me to the places where I can glide close to high tree branches. I will use your body to reach the sky. Your scenting will guide me to where the sun sets. Your eyes will see to escape danger. Your lungs will expand with breath to endure the miles. Your heart will remind me to seek what I have lost. Your spirit will listen to the voices I do not hear. You are Horse. I will care for you. Together, we will journey.'

*God called an Angel home. Jason 10-6-05*

*I'll carry your love with me always ~ Pappy 1/23/10 ~ Grandma 12/14/10*
Pappy, may I have your patients and Grandma, may I have your courage and strength.