21 replies to this topic

#1 Equitational

Equitational

Eat, Sleep...Equitate!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well I haven't been on here in years! Wondering if anyone remembers me or is still posting on here that used to be a regular way back when? Its been a couple years...

Anyways, I graduated from college last May with a BS in Agricultural Business from a smaller university in Northern California (famous for its parties).  I still have my two horses, Keven and Leggo. I retired Keven in 2010 and Leggo is following in his footsteps. I am with my trainer who I started riding with when I went to college. He breeds Holsteiners and I have the opportunity to help him start the youngsters and get to show them (dressage and hunter/jumpers). Visit their website: brookhavenholsteiners.com which I developed/designed! We went to a show in the beginning of May riding Leggo and my trainer's horse Oncore in the jumpers...no more hunters or equitation for me (until one comes along)! Getting ready to go to another show this coming weekend. Didn't really show much last year because I was still in school and the EHV-1 outbreak in California (we were scared to take the horses anywhere for a couple months). I'm looking forward to showing the rest of the year with Leggo and the rest of the newbies I'm riding!

Here's a video of Leggo from May:
Leggo in January at a Linda Allen clinic at Branscomb Farm:
Here's Oncore from the May show (his first rated show and showing at this height!):

So what is new with any of the old members who remember me?! Post updates/pictures!

The picture is of Keven from a year ago. Still looks so handsome for an old man! He's the best. (I don't have a helmet on, but I trust this horse with my life ;)

Attached Files

Edited by Equitational, 03 June 2012 - 09:59 PM.

-Kendra

Every horse, at least once in their life, should be loved by a little girl.

#2 psmitty

psmitty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I was not posting here when you were a few years ago but welcome back. I might just have to come "borrow" Oncore.Posted Image He is really cute!

#3 sappy

sappy

Happy as a clam..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

I remember you! Welcome back. :smileywavey:
- Megan - geeking it up with my hubby, T. Proud mama to H,E & S.

#4 hequestrian

hequestrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

I also wasn't posting until the past couple of years but welcome back! Your horses are cute!

Posted Image
Equestrian At Hart - My Blog

There is no secret so close as that between a rider and her horse.

#5 montikarla

montikarla

Beware the Mare!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I remember you too :smileywavey:

I took a bit of a hiatis as well. I'm not posting as regularily as I did five years ago, but I pop on every now and again.

Glad to hear Kevin and Lego are doing well.

Jenn and The Ellie Mare

#6 Indestructible

Indestructible

ŠIndestructible Designs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

I remember you! I looove your horses still! Welcome back :)

#7 dappledbay

dappledbay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

I remember you, too! Good to see you back around. :happy0203:

I finally have my own horse, finally! I posted an update from our first horse trail last month....I will go dig it up.
Rhiannon

There's no place like home.

#8 hunterguy398

hunterguy398

Professional Spawn Eater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Hey Kendra! Welcome back! :) I'm loving having a lot of us oldies around. Keven looks fantastic and I really still can't believe that Leggo has come so far since when you first got him.

Congrats on graduating! Don't be a stranger around here :winking:

ETA: Leggo is just too darn cute. He definitely looks like a unique ride to me. You do a great job with him!

Edited by hunterguy398, 09 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

--Chris--

aka. Dude.
HorseCity's resident Hunter Prince.

I met a board buddy! Paintpony1

#9 Equitational

Equitational

Eat, Sleep...Equitate!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hey everyone! Just got back from another show. Leggo jumped fabulously all week! We were champion in the 1.10M Ch/AA division and Reserve in the 1.15M. I'll have to post the videos of him when I get them up!
-Kendra

#10 KrazyTBMare

KrazyTBMare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hey Kendra! It has been a while!

Not sure if you were around when I bought my young horse. I bought a then 21 month old GOV Oldenburg gelding by Routinier named Revolver AKA Rex. I was schooling 2nd level with Layla but we were both getting burned out on everything so I semi retired her when it was time to start Rex. I started him myself (first time from the ground up) in Nov of 2010 when he was just shy of 3.5. Things were going great until he broke his lateral splint on the LH and he was out of work for 7 months. I started him back Nov of last year and we were doing well until he injured himself AGAIN in March with a bad cut on his leg and was down for another 4 wks. I finally got him going again and we made our show debut memorial weekend with our GMO. Layla is still hanging around - mostly retired but my friends still get on and ride her and I get on every once in a while for a hack. Shes actually in the smartpak catalogs and online for the Smart Omega 3 product.

Heres some pics of Rex

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our first show - Rex was trying to convience me that we really didnt need to go towards the judges box
Posted Image

Better for our second test - went from 53.75 to 66.88
Posted Image

My trainer schooling him for me between classes
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 KrazyTBMare

KrazyTBMare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

And cant forget Miss Layla!

Posted Image

#12 Equitational

Equitational

Eat, Sleep...Equitate!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh I think I may have seen pictures of him when you first got him...he looks great in those under saddle pictures! Sucks about all the set backs you've had with him! And I remember seeing Layla in SmartPak while ago and knowing it was you! How old is Layla now?

I have some videos from the show this past week. Here's one of Leggos rounds from the 1.10M. I'm going to do a separate video for his 1.15M rounds.

He was such a good boy!
-Kendra

#13 goldenboy_eventer33

goldenboy_eventer33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wow....I just happened to stop by this BB for the first time in, oh, I'd say 4 years? And I find this post. So great to hear from you! I posted under two names, mostly goldenboy_eventer33 and caledonia. Dont know if you remember me, but I remember a few of you!

Edited by goldenboy_eventer33, 12 June 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#14 KrazyTBMare

KrazyTBMare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Great video! Love the sunglasses!

Layla turned 17 on March 30th. Cant believe Ive had her 10 yrs now.

Edited by KrazyTBMare, 12 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#15 Fat Pony

Fat Pony

Il faut le faire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hey Kendra! Good to see you! Leggo is looking great, I remember when you first got him   :smilie: And Kev looks happy and healthy too! Nice to hear you are doing well   :smileywavey:

Shantel, Rex looks lovely and so grown up now! Congrats on a successful show debut   :happy0203:
"Life is complicated, and not for the timid."
~Garrison Keillor

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." ~President Calvin Coolidge

#16 KrazyTBMare

KrazyTBMare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thanks Adrianne! (did I spell that right?!)

A pic from today..

Posted Image

And Miss THANG who feels so good now that I clipped her (its just so hot!)
Posted Image

#17 hunterguy398

hunterguy398

Professional Spawn Eater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hey, Shannon! Nice to see you pop up too :) How is Alli? You bred her, correct?
--Chris--

aka. Dude.

#18 goldenboy_eventer33

goldenboy_eventer33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yes....A lot has happened since I last posted here!!

I retired Allie from the upper levels, and she was bred last year to a fantastic british warmblood, with proven eventing lines. Oliver turned 1 on May 20th and is growing like a weed! He definitely has the Allie-esq attitude, so it will be an interesting process trying to break him. He is literally a spitting image of Allie, so exactly what I ordered!

Posted Image

As of right now, she is living in Canada. A very nice lady is leasing her as a broodmare for a year, and she is expected to have her 5th foal next April. More than likely, she will end up staying up there to be pampered by lots of little girls (her favorite lol)

I've pretty much been in a riding hiatus for the last two years...a few short-term catch rides here and there, but nothing substantial. This winter/spring was actually the longest Ive ever gone without sitting on a horse! (Playing with the babies is fun, but it doesnt help my riding addiction) Then of course, in the past week I pick up two new rides, and it starts all over again. lol

I just got the ride on a great 5 y/o homebred mare by R-Johnson. She needs a lot of work, but I think she will make a nice fox hunter. The owners dont want to sell her, but want to see her do something, so I have the ride for however long I want, and I can do whatever I want. She is a bit too big-boned for me (and 16.2 -- Im barely 5'2"), but as a free-lease with basically no expenses, its the perfect situation until Oliver is older! Im hoping to do some LL stuff this fall, and maybe take her novice next spring. I dont think she has been off the farm, so we shall see!

Im also picking up the sale ride on a 7 y/o OTTB next week. Super laid back, and very much my type of ride, and very, very cute. Unfortunately she has two old bows in the front, so I dont know what she will end up doing, or how much I can ask for her. But its something to keep me occupied!

I still keep in contact with a few of the older posters -- Katie, Gillian, and Jenna
But I really dont frequent this BB anymore. So funny that the day I wander on here, there is a post from Kendra!

Now that I have some projects to play with, hopefully I'll start posting more often :)

Edited by goldenboy_eventer33, 18 June 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#19 hunterguy398

hunterguy398

Professional Spawn Eater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

We'd love to have you around! I stalk a whole lot and post a whole little on COTH. Great wealth of knowledge but not really my "community", although it is a useful resource.

The baby is PRECIOUS. Exactly a spitting image of Allie, that's excellent.

And congrats on the project, they should be a lot of fun! Please do keep us updated :)
--Chris--

aka. Dude.

#20 Fat Pony

Fat Pony

Il faut le faire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Shantel, he really is lovely! You made a very good pick =))) Give both your ponies some carrots from me!

Shannon, he really does look just like her! Funny how sometimes the dam really stamps her foals =)))
"Life is complicated, and not for the timid."
~Garrison Keillor

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." ~President Calvin Coolidge

#21 Equitational

Equitational

Eat, Sleep...Equitate!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Great to hear old bb members with new prospects and projects! Everyone will have to post updates and pictures frequently! I guess this board in pretty dead/slow...I remember when the board used to blow up with dozens of posts each day now it looks like it might get lucky to see a couple!
-Kendra

#22 hunterguy398

hunterguy398

Professional Spawn Eater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Great to hear old bb members with new prospects and projects! Everyone will have to post updates and pictures frequently! I guess this board in pretty dead/slow...I remember when the board used to blow up with dozens of posts each day now it looks like it might get lucky to see a couple!

It gets lucky if it sees more than one, if that! LOL
--Chris--

aka. Dude.