#1 Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

HorseCity Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Rehoming / Giveaways for Critters

Horses, Ponies, Long-Ears, Cats, Dogs, hobby farm stock (goats, pigs, fowl, etc.) and other household pets (ferret, snake, turtle, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------------

Post your "re-homing" critters here! All postings/transactions MUST BE FREE of monetary value. This is only for "giveaway" situations and NOT FOR SALE.

Post your STATE first and a very descriptive commentary on the animal you are giving away. Post pictures directly in your descriptive post, not in multiple places. (Or provide a web link to images)

All postings are AT YOUR OWN RISK. Communication via private messages is greatly encouraged so you find the right home. The liability lies on the parties involved. Horsecity.com is not responsible for deals gone bad. Illegal exotics should not be listed. Please do not break the law in your state, county or city.

Please DELETE your posting once the animal has found a new home
so we have less to sort through. If you don't know how, please ask Admin and we'll be happy to do it for you.

"LOOKING FOR" postings are welcome as long as it is a giveaway situation.

If you are unsure if you should post, please send me a message so I can help.
Thanks and good luck to all our critters!

#2 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Blair WI

Wanted: sheep. Either ewe or wether. I have one female now. She is kept in the same pasture as the horses so a bigger, docile sheep (due to fence) would be great. Does not have to be breeding sound, just moving sound. I would perfer a wool breed but a dual purpose is okay.

Shep, my current ewe is a purebred Lincoln from champion stock. She is 5? This year. About 175 pounds last time I had her sheared. (2 weeks ago) I aquired her when my mom left the state. I know she will be here long term and I would just like a buddy for her. She is sheared twice a year due to being a wool breed. Is wormed every spring, gets hay in the summer and good grain and hay in the winter. The only time the dogs "work" her is for me to catch her for her maintenance. Otherwise she is spoiled rotten! She did have pneumonia and copper toxicity (left over in her system from my mothers property) this spring but I spent the time and money to fix her. :)

#3 Kina Kat

Kina Kat

I'll be your huckleberry.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,615 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

((feeeeline))

#4 Little Cow

Little Cow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Blair WI

Wanted: sheep. Either ewe or wether. I have one female now. She is kept in the same pasture as the horses so a bigger, docile sheep (due to fence) would be great. Does not have to be breeding sound, just moving sound. I would perfer a wool breed but a dual purpose is okay.

Shep, my current ewe is a purebred Lincoln from champion stock. She is 5? This year. About 175 pounds last time I had her sheared. (2 weeks ago) I aquired her when my mom left the state. I know she will be here long term and I would just like a buddy for her. She is sheared twice a year due to being a wool breed. Is wormed every spring, gets hay in the summer and good grain and hay in the winter. The only time the dogs "work" her is for me to catch her for her maintenance. Otherwise she is spoiled rotten! She did have pneumonia and copper toxicity (left over in her system from my mothers property) this spring but I spent the time and money to fix her. :)

I have one adult Gulf Coast wool sheep I could give you. She'd do fine up there. Easy to shear because no wool on her upper legs or belly (breed characteristic). I need to wean her two lambs off of her anyway. Trick would be getting her all the way up to WI from FL???
Is working cattle considered playing with your food?

Home of the ankle biter cows.

Proud veteran.

#5 *BurgundyBlankets*

*BurgundyBlankets*

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Okay FL is a little far. ;)

#6 Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

Nikki-HorseCityAdmin

HorseCity Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Lets keep the communication about transport and other personal details in PMs (or in a thread of it's own if you wish) so we can keep this thread for critters. Thanks! :smileywavey:

And please remember if your critter is "taken" or you found one to delete your post so there's no confusion. :winking:

#7 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Taylorville Illinois

4yr mix dog(no pitbull in him,just saying for insurance wise). He is used to running out in the country. Once he knows his boundries he stays in them. He is NOT good with dogs. He is great with cats and kids though. He hasn't been around horses before. Has been around cattle though. I have to get rid of him because my mom is moving and I can't keep him at my house. He is not fixed,but will be utd on rabies before he leaves. Very good watchdog! He will bark at anything out of the ordinary. He can also be a housedog,he is housebroke. He lets you know when he has to go outside.

He is a creme/white dog about 50lbs.

((pictures in a bit,have to take one tomorrow))
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Little Twister-4yr John Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt
RIP 2/5/12 Riley-22yr Appaloosa Gelding~always in my heart. Love ya old man. </3

You can't beat a dead horse,but you can drag it around the square!

You know you're a horse person when...
your boyfriend complains that you love your horse more than you love him and you say: "And your point is..?"
...no one wants to ride in your car because they'll get sweet feed and hay in their socks and on their clothes...but that's ok because you'll have to rearrange all the tack to make room for them anyway!

#8 mtn_penny

mtn_penny

Denim and Pearls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Found Homes

But needing help with transportation from Colorado to Wyoming

Beulah Colorado

Since I recently lost my husband and am now unable to afford his hunting dogs I am giving them up for FREE adoption.

The airedales have been used for coyote hunting along with some bear hunting and small critters. Bud is a neutered appox 10 year old male with the attitude of a 6 year old dog. Fun loving and great with people. Kara is a female about 9 years old and also has had one litter of pups that have also proven themselves as excellent coyote dogs. They both are out of Matt Tohms stock although we never had them registered.
They have been around horses and livestock and have never chased the horses they may try to steal some hay or grain from them however. LOL
They are not very good inside dogs as they are very rowdy however I have had them inside on occasion and they are basically house broke. If keeping them in a fenced area would be a problem for your situation and you are close enough I also have a chainlink kennel that could go with them.

Guess I should also mention they are UTD on vaccinations except kennel cough and have been dewormed in the last month.

I really hate to have to rehome them but as I have not worked for the last two years while we were fighting Daryl's cancer and have yet to find a job I need to do what is best for the dogs.

Even if you personally are not interested please pass the info on.

I will gladly email photos as for some reason the will not load on this forum for me.
Thanks
Janelle

Edited by mtn_penny, 26 September 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Board buddies I have met: Driften's Mom, DCG, CindyP,iluvspots, HeGotSpots, Scribblinhanna, oh and mtn_sheepdog but he is my hubby so does that count?

#9 wireweiners

wireweiners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Southwest Arkansas, near the Texas and Louisiana border

I have 3 jenny donkeys free to good home. They were livestock guardian donkeys but my dad sold his cows so they no longer have a job. One has been handled and with a little more handling would be friendly. These are black, standard sized jennies. They have run with cattle, goats and horses so would be excellent livestock guardians or companions for a horse. They may be bred as the little hussies snuck out and visited the neighbor's jack. I will separate them if you just want one or you can take all 3. I'll try to get pictures. PM for more info.

I still have the jennies. They are not bred, thank goodness. I have decided to keep Grandma Donkey but the other two are still available.

Edited by wireweiners, 29 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people? Thomas Jefferson

#10 wireweiners

wireweiners

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Texarkana, Arkansas

Due to a change in family circumstances I DESPARATELY need to rehome some young ponies.

Sassy: 3 yo mare. The mother to the above filly. This little mare is around 13 hh. Sorrel with a blaze. She is a very nice little mare that would make a nice youth horse or horse for a smaller rider. Her mother was a very well bred Doc Bar mare, her father was a haflinger. She hasn't been handled much due to time and facility constraints.

Bullseye: He's named after the horse in the Toy Story movies. He's a 1 yo red roan gelding with a blaze. His mother was a welsh/haflinger cross and his sire is a QH. He has a small growth in the corner of his right eye but the vet says it doesn't impair his vision and is not likely to get larger. He is UTD on shots. He's been handled some and loves scritches and cookies. Would make a nice project pony for an experienced youth.

Beauty: Mother to Bullseye and Beauty. She's a 4 year old mare, light sorrel that is greying out and wide blaze. She will eventually be a flea bitten grey like her dam. Dam was a Welch, sire was a haflinger. Very stout and chunky. Would make an excellent driving prospect. Has not been handled much but is friendly. She is a dominant mare in the herd.

All these horse are sound and are very nice horses. I really need to find homes for them.

The above horses are still available plus I have a weanling palomino Poa filly out of the Beauty mare and a QH stallion.

Edited by wireweiners, 29 April 2013 - 12:10 PM.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people? Thomas Jefferson

#11 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I would take the weanling filly,but it's just too far away. :(
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt
RIP 2/5/12 Riley-22yr Appaloosa Gelding~always in my heart. Love ya old man. </3

your boyfriend complains that you love your horse more than you love him and you say: "And your point is..?"
...no one wants to ride in your car because they'll get sweet feed and hay in their socks and on their clothes...but that's ok because you'll have to rearrange all the tack to make room for them anyway!

#12 ozland

ozland

I'm an optimist. I think most people are half full of it.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,218 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

If they were closer, I have someone who would take Sassy, Baby and Beauty. He would train and rehome after his kids worked them for a season. He and his brother do farrier work for me, and have done some training for me as well.

S'cuse me, gotta go iron my birthday suit.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, no explanation will suffice.
.................Joseph Dunninger

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling
a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist

#13 Apps4Life

Apps4Life

Chief Turd Burglar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm posting this for one of our fellow members who currently has very limited internet access.

3 ApHC Mares need homes ASAP in Washington State
I have a friend who is going through a divorce and really needs to get these horses moved immediately. Due to some shady dealings by the ex, she's left with almost no means to feed them. She just (within the last week) resumed care of them after being separated for months. These horses have not been well taken care of by the -ex, but should bounce back quickly. Recently de-wormed, and while feet are short, they need some professional attention.

Good homes are a must! *** Pictures are coming soon ***

2003 sorrel, 15H regular papers mare, Skip the Halo, or Candy. Has been saddled and sat on, but never really ridden. Shouldn't take much work to finish her out and get her going.

2003 black roan, 15H regular papers mare, Mystical Me, or Misty. Cannot be ridden, pasture pet only.

2002 solid dun, 14.3H NC papers mare, Ms Shady Dell, or Dutch. Has been ridden, but is very green and needs finishing.

Registration papers will come with the horses.

The owner also has a large number of cats. The cats are aged from 2 yrs to 7 years, all neutered and spayed, some calico, some orange, some grey and white and one tuxedo. all are either outdoor or indoor /outdoor. Affectionate cats

She's located in central Washington State.
Posted Image

BBs Met: ShezaSmokinGun, Mule_Freak's mom =), Kristina, Demon's Mom, SpottedT, MUT, Ratts, Notyo, HFF (and Bella), Pinky, Chey, Lora, Lash, Tuck, BB Blue, Hoofs In Motion, Got Barrels?, Meeker, Tuper, The Sugar Lady, Harley, journeysgirl, BuddyRoo, KatieMay, MizParker, DiamondJake, QuarterFlash, Andi, SweetAddiction, RunninColors, SCSpots, Heidi and FLEquus!

RIP Misty, thank you for teaching me so much

~Samantha~
My Tack for Sale

#14 ozland

ozland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,218 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

That is called a wry tail, and often caused by the horse's back being out, which also can cause random bucking and not flexing to the right.

#15 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the back up, Oz! :rolleye0014:

#16 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,620 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

He's cute. (And my two MFT do not have wry tails ;) )

I am part of a MFT group. May I have permission to cross-post him on there?
I can now be reached via PM. Thanks.

#17 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Absolutely! Thanks! :smileywavey:

#18 Foxie

Foxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,373 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

ADOPTED!!!!

Attached Files

Edited by Foxie, 08 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

United States Army - Military Police - Hooah!
~ Current New Adventure: From Military Police to Civilian Police Officer, oh boy.. here we go! ~

#19 Smokum

Smokum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Northern Wisconsin (south of Superior)

Tina is an almost 3 year old (February) female Treeing Walker coonhound. She is potty trained and knows sit and comes to her name, although has lived outside for the past year and a half. She's a sweet dog and loves attention and pets, she just doesn't hunt and has no interest in hunting. She has been tried on coon and bear, and has made a few bear trees but only follows the other dogs. She won't trail by herself and does not tree. As such, she probably isn't a good match for someone with cats, maybe with some VERY diligent training? but as she is I wouldn't trust her alone with a cat. My husband wants to give her back to the breeder and this is my last desperate attempt to find her a pet home, as the breeder will cull her.

Posted Image

Edited to add, she is UTD on shots, including rabies as well as deworming.

Edited by Smokum, 13 November 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Mama to 2 beautiful babies, one angel in heaven, 8 fur-babies; 6 dogs and 2 horses, and 19 chickens.

#20 RailroadWoman

RailroadWoman

That's My Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I DON"T need a thrid dog. But dang I do miss my hound mix dearly. I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER DOG!!!

Posted Image
Horses, Oh Horses Furry and Sweet.
You are always hungry And you have lots to eat.
The grass is your food, You are never rude.
Apples and oats are your snack After someone has been on your back.
You stand on you feet when you sleep, You never make a peep,
Under the tress, you peacefully sleep, While waiting for the next morning.
(Morgan Woodrow)

#21 Smokum

Smokum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I could bring her by for you RRW :D

She is a sweetheart, a little higher energy but gets along with other dogs and listens if she's getting overly excited.

Mama to 2 beautiful babies, one angel in heaven, 8 fur-babies; 6 dogs and 2 horses, and 19 chickens.

#22 RailroadWoman

RailroadWoman

That's My Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

If I got another dog you would have a permanent house guest, shortman & critters.

Posted Image
You are always hungry And you have lots to eat.
The grass is your food, You are never rude.
Apples and oats are your snack After someone has been on your back.
You stand on you feet when you sleep, You never make a peep,
Under the tress, you peacefully sleep, While waiting for the next morning.
(Morgan Woodrow)

#23 Foxie

Foxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,373 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

ADOPTED!!

Location - Eastern North Carolina

Rugur is a sweet loving 2 year old, black and white, female Border Collie. She loves people, water, and playing! Gets along great with other dogs and cats. Has been around horses and cattle as well. UTD on vaccines, and has been spayed. She is house trained and kennel trained. We would like to place her in loving home with another dog (or two) with same energy level. She behaves wonderful with children and loves it when they play with her. Swimming pool will go with her to her new home! She loves it too much! She was rescued off the side of the road with a .22 bullet wound, she has since healed and overcome her apprehension of new people and is ready to find her own special family!

Attached File  rugur pool.jpg   56.34K   7 downloads

Edited by Foxie, 09 June 2014 - 05:08 PM.

United States Army - Military Police - Hooah!
~ Current New Adventure: From Military Police to Civilian Police Officer, oh boy.. here we go! ~

#24 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

reported
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt

#25 mybanjo

mybanjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Wow, I'm so far away from everyone! Good luck to you all in finding good homes for your critters.
"Horse Nerd"

#26 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Located in Taylorville Illinois

20yr Arabian mare. She is registered and she's on Allbreed under Daal Debutante. She needs a light rider due to bucked knees and swayback.She is a great trail horse and beats mules down hills and is always safe. Crosses water great. I haven't rode her in an arena,so i really can't say how well she would do. She isn't spooky though. I need to get rid of her because the others are always running her through the fence and chasing her away from the hay.
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt

#27 ozland

ozland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Permission to post this on an Arabian board?

#28 Sakura18

Sakura18

Why the long face?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Of course oz! Sorry,i've been busy with my sick son.
Owned by:
Sugar-7yr Molly Mule
Raven-5yr Morgan Gelding
BJ-9yr farmdog
Dingo-3yr Imo Inu x mutt

#29 ozland

ozland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,218 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

No prob, send me contact info so I can forward any inquiries.

#30 scd

scd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

2000 AQHA mare. Bay. I bought her in 2006 or 2007. She had a bay filly in 2008 by a bay stud. She was sold along with several others after the death of my husband. I found out late 2011 that she along with one other I sold to the same guy had been "donated" to a fake rehab place for kids. Turned out to be a large hoarder and thief. About 100 horses were seized from the hoarder. If you could identify horses you had previously owned you could get yours back if you wanted which I did.
I adopted her out to a man who kept her about 6 months and then returned her. I can't afford more so she is available. I will want a contract to know she is in a good home and she can come back if needed. We know she rides but I call her green. Could use some work on her ground manners. Seems to be skittish about being caught. Not mean just stand offish.

I can't get Photobucket to work. P.M. for FB info and you can see pics of her. Papers not in hand at this time. Waiting on a court order we should get in Jan.
R.I.P.

W. McNeil 5-17-45 - 10-8-2008

Smoke Aussie Dec. 1994 ~April 20,2010
Chinas Mouse AQHA 1983-2010
Roxie the rescue Rottie August 2011
Rocky 1-1-96 ~ 12-7-12 Chihuahua King of the house