• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emminim

Emminim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

I've been riding for over 10 years now, took one year of english back when I was 13 and have since ridden western, mainly because there wasn't an english trainer in my area. I'm 22 now, and thanks to a friend telling me about a trainer about 20 minutes down the road from me I'm getting back in the saddle again. Today I had my first lesson again, and boy howdy did I have a blast. I forgot how much I loved english riding. And the first thing I did when I got back home was hop online and order some breeches, half chaps, and new boots (needless to say my old tights and breeches didn't fit anymore) :P. when I had to stop taking english when I was younger I was just starting to focus on jumping, this has always been a dream and one I was afraid I'd never get to experience, to say that I am so excited I can barely sit still is an understatement!
And the other great part is is that I have convinced my 13 year old younger sister to take lessons as well (I had been teaching her in western) :)
Anyways, had to hop on here and let my buds know.
It's great to be back in the saddle (or out of it, depending on how you want to look at it ;))
My family:
Hector, 1.5 year old Appendix thoroughbred.
Bree, 19 year old quarter horse
Raj, 18 year old arabian
Yub-Yub, 5 year old australian shepherd

#2 Chocomare

Chocomare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

You go girl!!!! Can't wait to see over-fences pics! :happy0203:
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." Gal. 5:1a --