1539 replies to this topic

#1 Becaco

Becaco

I Cowgirled Up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,460 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Did everyone have a safe and Happy New Year?

We did, stayed home and went to bed at our regular time. Not going to do much today either. I bought some sandwich fixin's and going to pull out some leftovers and that is it for today.

We have had some cold weather, hit down in the teens a couple of nights.

Other than that nothing going on here.

#2 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Happy New Year!!! Celebrated at home by staying warm indoors and watching everyone else in the neighborhood put on a fireworks show.

Bec - It did get chilly. My mom lost power last night but got it back around 10am. Dakota thought he had gone to heaven with the house being 50.

"Fear is the thief of dreams" - Anonymous

Peppy Sue Aly (Arious) - 1998 Appendix AQHA buckskin mare
Bindi - 6 yr old female GSD

#3 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

We had a quiet New Year here also. Since it was pouring rain we didn't even go out to watch the neighbors fireworks. We so needed that rain!

#4 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Into the new year we go. I greeted it by watching terrible crime tv shows on netflix with the boss.

:)
I can now be reached via PM. Thanks.

#5 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wow! what a way to start the new year! I just got a call from the mother of one of my granson's friends whom I don't particularly like. She was always too busy bar hopping to raise her son. She called to ask me if a yearling filly was too young to breed! Stupid woman has a yearling filly and a batch of donkeys! She told me the male donkey has been "chasing the filly around"! I told her she needed to separate the filly from the donkey as she is way to young to breed! Our Lord sure must love stupid people! He sure made enough of them!

#6 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Had a wonderful new year. :angry:
Went to bed around 10:30 and woke up because my sistr texed me "Happy New Year" at 11:30. She's an hour ahead of me. About that time the neighbors started the fireworks. Horses are freaking. Got dressed, went out to calm them down. When I came back in I stepped in a pile of cat poop. After I cleaned that up and my foot, I went back to bed, only to have the dogs start barking. Went outside and told them to shut the freak up. By the time I got back to be it was close to 2:30. Only to to woke up because a tree limb hit the roof. No damage, just noise. Put all the Christmas stuff away and dragged the tree outside. Had a fight with the hub and spilled bleach on the garage floor .
Whoohoo if this is how the rest of my year is going to go......I don't want to do it.
I met board buddy:
FarmGirl-824, QH_LUV_R, CrazyChicken, and Magnumgirl

"cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of.
You might bend till you break, cause it's all you can take,
On your knees you knot up, decide you've had enough
Then you get mad. You get strong. Wipe your head, shake it off.
Then you stand"

#7 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Cat poop outside the litter box is the pits! Found mine at 3:30 when I got up to potty! Since I have a night light in the bathroom, I don't turn on the lights. At least not till I stepped in something cold wet and smelly!
May your year get better, JR!

#8 crazychicken

crazychicken

Baptized in dirty water and Raised on sour milk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Happy New Year

Posted Image

Edited by crazychicken, 02 January 2013 - 01:22 AM.

-------------------------------------------
I met board buddy:
LogansMom, JR&GIN, QH_LUV_R, FarmGirl-824, Magnumgirl

#9 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Crazychicky!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!
Was that directed at me?
Watch your mail box. One of these days I'm going to get to the post office. :blink:

Ah heck. If that's the worst thing to happen all year, at least I got it out of the way.
Cooper has been leaving little piles in unusal places. His box gets cleaned out twice a day so it's not because he can't get in there. I think he's not feeling well. Normally I would have tossed him out by now. But he's always been inside, never done this before and him being sick and all.... I can't just throw him out.

MZ
you can't fix stupid people.If she can't figure out the filly is too young and why a jack is all "up in arms" shall we say, then that filly is going to get hurt for sure. One way or the other.
I've learned my lesson over the years. Most people that ask for advise, don't really want it. They want someone to tell them they are doing just fine.

Got to run, work is calling. Ya'll have a great day.
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#10 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I know, Jr. It still aggravates me that people can be so stupid. Wish I had a place to keep that little filly but I don't.
Did manage to get 2 batches of peach jam made Monday! Now to get the strawberry jam made. Thinking I will get some more berries. The blackberries only made 3 jars! Also need to look in the freezer to see if I still have some wild grape juice. Didn't have time to make the jelly when I picked the grapes so I juiced them and put the juice in the freezer. If you freeze the whole wild grapes, they get sweet. If you juice them and freeze the juice, it keeps the wild grape tartness.
Off to Austin to take a neighbor to an early appointment. Reminds me why I am glad I don't have to make that drive everyday!

#11 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good morning.
Lmbo all this animal poo talk! Yesterday, Jason came home to two big stinky piles from Miss T. He said it was so vile he'd never seen OR smelled anything like it! She has never pooped in side, poo anywhere but outside is something he has no tolerance for!

And I woke up to a horrendous mess in the guest bathroom yesterday morning. It looked like a herd of weenies were locked in there for a week! I knew what awaited me because the smell woke me up when she was doing it!

My fault, I forgot to take them out the night before when we went to bed. The kids had been shooting fireworks, the dogs were in hiding and we just forgot our night time routine.

Mz I hope that filly isn't already knocked up! People can be so obtuse! Gawd I pity helpless animals. Those kind have no business having horses.
Oh gaaagg cold poo is the worst!!

Your jelly sure sounds delicious. Lol

JR, hope your week got better. Poor Cooper, how is he doing?

Happy New Year to you too CC!
Hey JR..if the shoe fits!

Epona I look forward to your updates. Hope everyday gets easier for you.

Peppy, aren't you glad you replaced your heating system now?

Bec I enjoyed the boy pics.

I forgot trying to wake a pre-teen up isn't easy! Told him I would take him to Gander Mtn. but he had to help me put Christmas back in the attic first.
I'll try again after this last cup of coffee.

Oh GREAT NEWS! Paul passed his DOT physical yesterday. It's good for 2 years and then he might retire.
You don't know how much anxiety this has caused for him. The Lord is good.

Edited by QH_LUV_R, 03 January 2013 - 10:23 AM.

My HC Board Buddies in Order of Appearance+++J.R.&Gin+++FarmGirl824+++MagnumGirl, Crazychicken/family+++SmileItLooksGoodOnYou ttt

#12 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

QH, that is great for Paul!
Well, Chickie, we all seem to be still here so guess that deportation won't apply to us!
Gotta get to the grocery store today. Need more Sure Jell for the rest of the jelly and more sugar. Still have strawberries to do. Need to look in the freezer for the grape juice also. Anna got all the Christmas decorations down yesterday but the new crates were in the car Hubby too to work so we couldn't get them put up.

#13 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Morning Mz.

Just had the talk with Trace about consequences of sleeping late. He's got one more day here and we have to be on the road south before 9:00 to make it back so I can cook for Paul and get him off to work by 2:00.
No way will I head into Houston after that, not happening, especially on a Friday.

Trying to think where else I could go while we're down that way. I've got Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket!
There is a restaurant supply store at the same exit as Gander Mtn. might drop in see what I can't live without.
My HC Board Buddies in Order of Appearance+++J.R.&Gin+++FarmGirl824+++MagnumGirl, Crazychicken/family+++SmileItLooksGoodOnYou ttt

#14 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

QH - Congrats to Paul. And I do enjoy my new heater. :happy0203:

Finally made my apple pie. My classes started yesterday so been busy figuring out what I need to do. This semester seems a little lighter than last semester, of course there is only 4 classes instead of 5.

Heard it might sleet tomorrow. It sure is cold enough.

#15 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

QH, good luck with Trace getting up! Looks like I will be heading to Houston on Tuesday next week. MIL is having foot surgery on Monday so I am going down to relieve SIL of some of the care duties. MIL has decided since FIL passed that it is SIL job to "make her life easier". Granted SIL is executor of the estate but I don't think that means "slave"!
Got grocery shopping done today. Not much else done! Did remember to get the new crates out of hubby's van so we can get decorations put away tomorrow. Will also get rest of the jelly made so I can take some to SIL. MIL is diabetic so she can't eat it! Need to get some more laundry done. About the time I think I have it all done, more appears.

#16 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Morning all

QH
Whoo hoo for Paul!!!! I bet that did have him worried. Ah Teenagers.....They are sleeping machines. Hope you have a good drive into Houston. This traffic is a mess.

Cooper seems okay most of the time. He's keeping his weight and his coat is looking good. He eats and drinks like a horse. He still has tremors once in a while, not as bad as they used to be. He has these crazy moments and I'm not sure if it's the meds,him being sick, or him being Cooper :confused0024:

PS
ummm Apple pie, yum
okay how cold did it get at your place last night? It's raining here this morning but if feels warmer then it did yesterday.

MZ
What part of Houston are you going to?

Becaco
I was driving to church Sunday and saw a childs saddle being sold on the side of the road. Bill was hootin about me stopping because God knows I don't need another saddle. Well they were selling it for 25.00. The sad thing was the tree was broke and the leather was pretty dry. Dang!
I'm only telling you this because if I come across one that's not broke, you'll be getting a biiiig box in the mail :grin:

I always seem to run across great deals on thing AFTER I've already got one.

Got to run, ya'll have a great day
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#17 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

JR, I will be up off 1960 in the Greenwood Forest area.

We are getting rain today also. We so need it! Yes, it does seem warmer today. We will have Laura this afternoon. Her momma went in to the city and stayed with friends for 6 days then expected me and her sister to be here to babysit with out even calling us once while she was gone. Needless to say, we were not at home. She came in last night when she got home and we had a nice chat about her just assuming I would be here. She is real bad about not telling me when she has other arrangements. I have told her several time, I arrange my day so I will be here. If you don't need me, let me know. Maybe now it will sink in. Don't know what she will do next week while I am gone! Not my problem. Looks like we won't get to meet baby Izzy when she gets out of the hospital. Her momma is planning to leave as soon as Izzy gets out and going home to Virginia. I am stepping back and not getting involved. Course the only updates I get are on Facebook! I ask and the only response I get is "great". Enough griping. Need to get in gear. Have decorations to put up, jelly to make and laundry to do.

#18 PeppySue

PeppySue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

JR - Don't know how cold it got. My mom got hail at her place 20 miles away. It has been raining/sprinkling here today.

Mz Rat - Sounds like stepping back is the best at this point. It can be hard though.

I'm working on statistics tonight. Yuck. And the sad thing is I have two more semesters of stats to go.

#19 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Peppy, good luck with those stats classes. I saw some of the questions from my son's GF's class and had no clue how to answer them!
Got the laundry done. All washed, dried, folded and put away. Even got a batch of strawberry jam made. Don't have quite enough for a second batch so will get some more strawberries tomorrow. Found some of the grape juice in the freezer and set it out to thaw. Not sure if it is still good or not. Will find out tomorrow.
It has rained off and on all day here. Sure glad I didn't have to go anywhere!

#20 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

It's raining this morning, and it's cold. brrrrr.
Mz
She's going to Virginia? Forever? Just like that? :huggy:
PS
I'm trying not to be ignorant, what kind of statistics are you working on?

QH
How was your drive into the city? Tell Paul I said goodluck in the game today.

CC
If you're lurking.... I made it to the post office :ph34r:

I've got to do laundry,go shopping and if the rain stops I have hooves to trim.
I lead an exciting life!
Ya'll have a great day
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#21 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Haha, FOUND Y'all! (Here I had the other thread bookmarked, & couldn't figure out why nobody was posting on it... till I noticed the Locked thing, then came back to GCC to whine about it! :P

No callback on the job at TSC, but the manager apparently had the whole week off for sick kids. (I hope that's the only reason!) One of my Uncle's friends wants me to clean his house every week for $10 per hour, but the guy just CREEPS me out... you know, that Dirty Old Man eyebrow wiggle sneer they do? Told him I have to think about it, & not gonna do it while Tristy is out of school for sure. & IF I do, I am for SURE taking my .38 with me, SO not in the mood to deal with Dirty Old Men. (& it's NOT just a "feeling"... the inappropriate V!agara comments.... ICK!)

Hauling Bullet & Kelly over to the neighbor's for a ride at Noon today, I guess we are going somewhere called Rock Creek. I will bring the camera for sure... fingers crossed that Tristy doesn't whine, Kelly behaves for him, Bullet doesn't launch me into the creek, & Tequila stays in her Pen this time. I NEED to take Jack, my dog, because he is getting FAT.. but should probably leave him home, when I have no idea what the terrain/neighborhood is like... IDK. Maybe take him & let him guard the truck... makes him feel somewhat important, lol!

#22 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Red, call TSC Monday morning. Hopefully the manager will be back then! Sounds like the ride will be fun. It will be something new anyway.
It is still raining here. A nice gentle drip. Was supposed to go to town this morning to meet some friends but they just postponed till this afternoon. Guess I will get the Christmas decorations put up and the house cleaned.

#23 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Morning. We need this rain but I need some sun like yesterday!

JR the drive went well, the idiots were out or course, typical Friday on I45. I don't know how Paul puts up with them!

We were just hitting the Woodlands area when we heard a gunshot sound and saw rubber fly..bobtail truck loaded with pipe in front of us blew a back tire. Driver never slowed, checked his mirrors or pulled over!
I got the he!! away from him.

Mz. 1960 Greenwood Forest area is on JR and my side of town! I grew up off of the west side of 1960 in Cypress. With both my parents gone, I never go back but my little bro still lives in the area. How long you expect to be there?
Riley is from there too.

Like JR said..just take the baby and leave?!! I feel sorry for Dads in those cases, they have to hire a lawyer to have rights, the mothers have the upper hand and can make a Dads relationship with his child impossible. Prayers for your family.

Peppy I remember my nursing student friends taking stat classes..made them crazy for sure. Hope it's easier for you.

Red have fun today. Hope everyone acts like perfect angels.

Eeeeww hate dirty old men!! Yeah Viagra joke is dead give-away! Don't do it!

Doug and Amanda are looking at a house today. Say a prayer for them. She's been talking to a finance guy who said now is the time to try and qualify for the no money down mortgage being offered. Next year will be too late. Interest rates will start climbing this year.

I read a disturbing bit of information, billionaires are selling all their stock and getting out of the stock market. Makes you wonder what they know that we don't!!
All I know is the best indicator of inflation is in the grocery store because every time I shop I spend more and more money and carry out less.

Edited by QH_LUV_R, 05 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#24 Epona142

Epona142

The Goat Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm still alive. Have been avoiding posting things for a few days - apparently some people were taking things out of context and skewing them around. While I don't have a problem at all with legitimate concerns and questions about the last few weeks, there was a couple people being downright cruel with accusations (which included things like calling me a hoarding, neglectful, abusive, and insinuations about being a liar and an attention-seeker.)

Very hurtful. Very. But what can you do, people will think what they want to think. All I can do is be as open and honest as possible with people and I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone is welcome to come out and meet me, see the new farm, see anything they like. I have nothing to hide and never have.

Phew, okay, that off my chest. Reminds me I need to text Riley. LOL.

I have been keeping up with ya guys - love hearing about all of your lives. Hope to get to meet more of you in the future.

Lots of pregnant goats here. The Boer does are due soon, and the dairy does will follow soon after. Our house is still under progress - some electrical to finish, the plumbing, flooring, and tape/float the drywall. It seems like so little but it takes so long, between getting farm work done and my husband working. Although he's about to switch to a different schedule, 4 10 hours days. Same pay/work with less driving, which will be nice.

Anyhow...love ya guys. I'm holding on, even if I've become a bit "quiet" lately.

All things pass, in time.
I can now be reached via PM. Thanks.

#25 QH_LUV_R

QH_LUV_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Gosh dang Epona I hate hearing that.
That's why I stay right here safe and secure from judgement.
My prayer for you is your home construction falls into place quickly and you can get moved in and move beyond this tragedy.

The kids loved the house. It's a divorce situation so sellers are motivated. Only drawback is they smoked in the house. Realtor advised they do a thorough cleaning painting to list it, so the house shows well but they continued to smoke in the master bedroom.

It's on 5 acres in a beautiful neighborhood of 5 acre tracks and big houses. There is a very large chain link back yard fence for her dog and Cash until they can fence several acres off for him.
I think they are moving forward on trying to buy it. And if it doesn't work out, they will have their financing lined up to buy something else.

Edited by QH_LUV_R, 05 January 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#26 redneckcowgirl

redneckcowgirl

Fecal Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

Tristy loped Kelly, I loped Bullet, there were 10 horses total, & my boys were both very well behaved! Kelly was a good girl also! I think we rode about 5 miles total.

Only thing that "happened" was another guy's mare took a kick at Bullet & caught me in the shin. Lots of blood, for a tiny little puncture wound. Just got home, got it all cleaned, neo-sporined & band aided.

I was kinda worried to look at it, since on the trail we just stuffed a handful of napkins under my jeans & one of the guys cut part of an orange safety vest to tie them in, & off we went.

Posted Image

Sweaty, tired boy!
Posted Image

Epona, Screw 'em! Don't let anyone steal your Thunder. You are a Survivor, & you are doing everything you can to make sure YOU are okay. That's what matters. who gives a rip about "opinions". :huggy:

#27 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Epona, some people are just north ends of south bound donkeys! Pay them no attention. The people who know and care won't listen to them and the people who do don't matter! The house will get done. Word of advice, get all the rooms finished before you move in! We had to move in before we finished our house. We have been in it now over 20 years. I am still waiting to get my bedroom taped, floated and painted! Maybe after all the kids move out???

Jr, yep, she is going back to Virginia to her family and youngest grandson is going with her! Oldest granddaughter is talking about moving there also as she hats summer here. What can you do? You raise them to be responsible adults and you do have to let go. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts!
QH, sounds like yours found a great house. Hope all goes well with the purchase. Fresh paint can fix the smell.

Looks like I won't be coming to Houston till Wednesday. Youngest granddaughter starts rugby practice on Tuesday evening and doesn't have a ride into town. I had promised to take her and a couple of her teammates. Got lots to do the next couple of days. Need to finish putting up the Christmas decorations, get plastic on the porch on the north side, get the new chimney up for the wood stove and make the rest of the jelly. Got enough strawberries to make one more batch. Also need to get more fire wood done. Sometime heating with the wood stove is a PIA.

#28 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Oh, Red, great pictures. Glad everyone had a good time. You are probably going to have a huge bruise on the shin also! Glad it wasn't worse!

#29 J.R.&Gin

J.R.&Gin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Morning all

Red
Hopefully that little punture won't be causing much pain today :huggy: Glad you had fun.
QH
I-45 scares the hoops out of me everytime I have to drive it. Anywhere between Houston and Huntsville. Conroe and that construction is an never ending nightmare!
Fingers crossed on the property. I bet Paul's a happy man this morning, GB won.

Mz
Sorry, that still stinks.I can't understand it? If two people are unhappy together, then why have another child together and up and go? I don't understand kids these day. :huggy:
Bless your heart. Hang in there.

Epona
That makes me mad and sad that you have to have that happen to you.There is no excuss to kick a person when they are down just to make themselves feel more superior.
Hoarding? Where on earth did that come from? Are they talking about your goats? Goes to show their ignorants.
Listen, Like QH said. There will always be someone that has to stir the pot. I look at all other posts but rarely ever post anymore. Too much drama. I like it here where I know the people and don't get blasted. You have too much going on in your life to have to defend yourself to people who don't know you, people who have no idea the situation and people who get their jollys picking at other's sores.

Whew, off my soap box . I didn't get to trimming yesterday. Too wet and icky. I'll try it again this afternoon.
Ya'll have a great day
I met board buddy:

Then you stand"

#30 Mz Rat

Mz Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

JR, they are not unhappy to be together. He just turned 18 mid-December and is still in high school! She has graduated and is in in trade school. All her family is in Virginia which is why she wants to go back. We were not pleased with the whole pregnancy thing to start with. Now they are being so rude about it and don't tell us anything about the baby. She even took her facebook page down so we can't see the updates at all! I worry about how things will go when they get to Virginia. This is our ADHD kid who says and does what pops into his mind. He is a follower who can be lead the wrong way really easy. But as he tells us "I have a baby and am a MAN and should be treated like a MAN!"