Sign in to follow this  
EventingRed

Beautiful pictures :) what a differnce!

ok so i decided to use some trot poll things today and wala, we have a dressage horse!!!

so tell me what you think? i personaly feel like he is 100 times beter with my new trainer...but i will let you see for yourself [smile]

(by the way we are stretching in the first two)

it was one of those rides that didnt feel perfect, but you felt like your horse was really happy.....and that we didnt fight once [smile] (which is a big step, with my old trianer my horse and i were like two five year olds...)

stretching....

-

stretching.....

-

eh, not my best.

-stretching....

[ 07-18-2005, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: EventingRed ]

i like this one...it gets beter

-

an my favorite.

-

there ya go!!

(by the way i wasnt having a lesson..i think i have improved [big Grin] )

enjoy!

-Red [Jump][Yay][Jump][Yay]

with my old trainer

-

and when i got him....so basicly i think we went down hill [Frown] and now were back, but hes deffinatly beter and WAY more consitant now then he was in this pic.....

-

there ya go

-Red

He looks awesome I really think that your new trainer is helping more. He always looked awesome but in those pictures he seems much lighter and looks like he's using his back better. Thanks for posting the pics

WOW, you have a beatiful horse! I know nothing about Dressage, but he looks really great! Look at that extension and that neck, VERY PRETTY [Wink] Just had to put my two cents in, lol. Glad you guys are improving with your new trainer! Have fun [Jump]

Gorgeous (sp?) horse, his coat is absolutely gleaming and I love the reddish chestnut color. You two look really good together and even though I'm no dressage expert, I can tell you guys would be perfect in the dressage arena if both of you remain consistent. What level do you show at, or are you planning to show at? I just have to remind you, try to keep your heels down okay? But otherwise, you guys look happy, content, and talented!

My best, Alicia (aka Rio)

Wonderful improvment from the previous pictures. Much more foward moving. He looked like he was overflexed in the earlier picture and evading the bid and behind your leg. Congrats on your success. I'm new to dressage and I have found dressage to be a fustrating but rewarding sport. It takes time to develop. Keep working at it. I'd love to see some show pictures and let us know your scores and comments. Red looks like a great competeter.

quote:

Originally posted by arabsporthorsegirl:

Wonderful improvment from the previous pictures. Much more foward moving. He looked like he was overflexed in the earlier picture and evading the bid and behind your leg. Congrats on your success. I'm new to dressage and I have found dressage to be a fustrating but rewarding sport. It takes time to develop. Keep working at it. I'd love to see some show pictures and let us know your scores and comments. Red looks like a great competeter.

do you mean the first two posted pics???

those are him stretching

thanks!!!

-Red [Jump]

Just a quick reminder to whomever told Red to keep her heels down. Dressage riders are not required to keep a tight leg wit the ankle flexed and the heel driven way down. Thats a hunter requirment. We need as loose a leg as possible and that can't be achieved with a stiff ankle.

That being said, Red, I think the best thing about your whole position is your leg. You always have the iron on the ball of your foot and your leg appears relaxed, quiet and educated.

My favorite pic is the 2nd to the last one. You leg is beautiful, your seat is deep and you have a nice connection with Red. The last one that you liked best....Red isn't tracking up in that one, your forearms look stiff and your hands are raised and turned down. You also appear to be leaning to one side, but that could just be the pic.

Have you gotten to the point in your training where all of your trot work is done sitting, or are you still posting? I would recommend losing your irons to further deepen your seat and loosen your hips and lower back more.

Why don't you set canter poles and work over them? Make them long and make them short distances so you can practice and improve his adjustability and obedience

Thanks DC, i wasnt sure how to explain were not supposed to have our heal down lol.

i will try canter polls but i have NO clue what the distance would be and i am a little tentitive cantering over somthing that he could really trip on. Do you have the distance????

i have a feeling a no stirrups dressage lesson is close lol. joy. we variat from sitting and posting, somtimes (alot lol) he is beter posting beacuse i feel my calf more and can really get a nice striding and really nice pushing from behind. i am REALLY working on my downdwards transitions beacuse i drop myself its awful, but those polls really helped beacuse i would canter and then trot right before and it really got both of us working well.

also could you explain "tracking up" i think i have a basic idea...but then again i could be very wrong lol.

thanks

-Red [Jump]

[ 07-16-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: EventingRed ]

[big Grin] Tracking up means that he's stepping completely under himself. His hind hoof should land in the hoofprint of the front foot. See how he's landing with the hind hoof and the front hoof is taking off about a hoofprint and a half ahead? That means he wasn't stepping cleanly under himself. Either it was a bad moment, he was being lazy, or you were riding a little front to back but the second to last picture is a much better movement picture.

The second to last pic is nice. He is tracking up there and I like everything except he seems to want to be a smidge BTV most times.

No offense, but you appear to have gotten worse. Your horse is behind not only the bit, but your leg aswell. This is shown in the pictures as him not tracking up, and you fiddling with his mouth. Please fix this. Thank you.

quote:

Originally posted by Coppers mom:

No offense, but you appear to have gotten worse. Your horse is behind not only the bit, but your leg aswell. This is shown in the pictures as him not tracking up, and you fiddling with his mouth. Please fix this. Thank you.

OUCH.

excuse me, but i really try and make this BB a nice positive place. so far everyone else has been saying some NICE things. my horse has NOT gotton worse. and you asking me to "just fix this" is really rude. you gave me NO help other than to tell me i look bad. i thought of you as a talanted rider, but obviously you cannot help people. i do NOT mean to start a fight, but OUCH. if you are going to tell me we look worse, after HARD HARD HARD work, and then give me no help, no advice. this really hurt me, i have put so much time into my horse. i think that post was rude. it made me cry, after a bad day i come to this place to enjoy these people.

this really hurt me.

It's not that hard to fix. Just get out of his face, and use your leg. I'm sorry, but when you compare these pictures to the ones of when you first got him, they are worse. Any decent trainer would have told you the same thing, and would have helped you.

quote:

Originally posted by EventingRed:

quote:

Originally posted by Coppers mom:

OUCH.

excuse me, but i really try and make this BB a nice positive place. so far everyone else has been saying some NICE things. my horse has NOT gotton worse. and you asking me to "just fix this" is really rude. you gave me NO help other than to tell me i look bad. i thought of you as a talanted rider, but obviously you cannot help people. i do NOT mean to start a fight, but OUCH. if you are going to tell me we look worse, after HARD HARD HARD work, and then give me no help, no advice. this really hurt me, i have put so much time into my horse. i think that post was rude. it made me cry, after a bad day i come to this place to enjoy these people.

this really hurt me.

[Huggy] *hug* Everyone knows how much time you have put into your horse, and I think the pics reflect your skill as a rider and you two as a team. That picture was ONE moment in time, having not been there no one can know if his not tracking up was happening more than once, or if it was just that stride. In the pic before that he is coming under himself nicely, too, which shows you know where he needs to be! You and Red look Awesome!!! [Jump] Keep up the good work, and continue with the pics!! I love Red pics! [Wink]

Really now. If you are going to tell her you think shes worse, at least offer advice on how to fix it. Useless posts like that arent needed. Werent you complaining about people posting worthless things like that on one of your posts not too long ago concerning you jumping your horse over a sizeable fence? [Question]

EventingRed

Member # 22695 posted 07-16-2005 01:59 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by arabsporthorsegirl:

Wonderful improvment from the previous pictures. Much more foward moving. He looked like he was overflexed in the earlier picture and evading the bit and behind your leg. Congrats on your success. I'm new to dressage and I have found dressage to be a fustrating but rewarding sport. It takes time to develop. Keep working at it. I'd love to see some show pictures and let us know your scores and comments. Red looks like a great competeter.

do you mean the first two posted pics???

those are him stretching

thanks!!!

-Red

I meant the pictures with your old trainer.

The strechy trot looks nice!

You guys look great... [big Grin]

I do think you need to be a little careful about working him from back to front, letting his energy flow forward into receiving hands, rather than trying to hold or keep him in a good frame with your hands. I think that's where Coppers Mom was going. He is behind the verticle on a lot of the pics and if you look at what his hind end is doing, where the power should be coming from, there's not that thrusting step that he could be having if he were really powering from behind and stepping under himself. That's what she's talking about by him being behind your leg.

Like I said, you guys look great. Just remember - forward! You don't want closed doors in front of your horse, so to speak. You want to allow him to apply all of his power into his work from that great engine he's got on him! Keep up the good work - beautiful horse!

[smiley Wavey]

quote:

Originally posted by KrazyTBMare:

Really now. If you are going to tell her you think shes worse, at least offer advice on how to fix it. Useless posts like that arent needed. Werent you complaining about people posting worthless things like that on one of your posts not too long ago concerning you jumping your horse over a sizeable fence?
[Question]

I did tell her, did I not? I replied with "Just push him forward, and get out of his face". Him being behind the leg and her hanging is what is causing this dilema, and it is a simple as riding from leg to hand.

I don't believe I complained once on my thread. I frequently explained the situation over and over again to some people who just didn't get it, but I never complained. Go ahead and look it up, I'm almost positive you will not find a single post that said anything about them being worthless. I explained what happened, and asked for a critique. Thank you, you're wrong.

Not getting into a petty fight over the internet! [Wink] Maybe to you, you know what you mean by that so called constructive critism. However, it lacked explaination and details on exactly what you mean. Anyways, you did complain, however, not on HC. But its irrelevant. Thanks! [big Grin]

If you will read my posts, you will see that I gave my critique, and then told her how to fix it. I guess I do not understand the whole bull poopieing people to death idea.

Where did I complain? Again, I believe that I said the same thing over and over again, yet no one listened because, well, I guess it's a hard thing to believe that a horse brought back properly can *gasp* still do something! I may have commented about how silly it was, but I never complained.