Sign in to follow this  
smithereens_86

You Be the Judge - Funny Pic

I taught Razzie how to flip his upper lip up in response to the command “Smile”. He has now associated the lip flip with getting treats, so he has quite the active upper lip as you can imagine. He thinks of himself as quite the cute little beast and begs quite ferociously for treats – especially when my sap of a boyfriend is around. Razzie knows better with me. My boyfriend is an entirely different story. He spoils Raz rotten. Luckily for me, I only bring my boyfriend out to the barn occasionally, and it is all I can do to get him to stop feeding Raz the never ending treats.

So . . . when we were at the dressage show on Sunday, my boyfriend handed me my jacket just before I was getting set to go into the arena, then, unbeknownst to me, turned to pose for the camera that the kids had. Just as he gave the camera one of the goofiest smiles I’ve ever seen, Razzie decided to proffer up one of his own little smiles and started to flip up his upper lip as well. So you be the judge of one of the funniest pics I came across when downloading the digital camera Sunday night – WHO has the better smile – Jack or Razzie??? LOL

-

~Shelly~

It really wasn't what I expected to find buried in the middle of very serious dressage show photos!! I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first.

~Shelly~

That is a cute picture!! My barrel horse will do that when I smoke! He does not like the smell of the smoke, so I will tie him up and move away from him and have a cigarette!

quote:

Originally posted by carousel_canter:

But may I ask how the heck you taught him to smile?

He's a smart horse so it was incredibly easy. Only took one day to teach him. You know you you bend your index finger to call someone to you?? Well face your hand AT the horse instead. I put a piece of carrot in my hand held my hand up and wiggled my index finger at him and said, "Smile". I then scratched him on his upper lip with my index finger as I repeated the command, "Smile". As he raised his upper lip to grab the carrot, I praised him lavishly and gave him the carrot. Of course he thought I was crazy, but it didn't take him more than a dozen or so repeats of this to figure out that I wanted him to flip up his upper lip when I wiggled my index finger and said, "Smile". Now he just flips up his upper lip all the time to induce passersby to feed him treats.

Razzie the Smiling Horse:

-

~Shelly~

That's SO cute! [big Grin] HE's so cute! [smile] Your smart to be able to teach him that! That's funny! [ROTFL][Jump] I shall bow down to you! LOL!! [Not Worthy] Cool Dude! [Cool][Razz][smile]