Sign in to follow this  
Spider-4000

Lets see those Dressage horses! :-)

whoa, Leadchange! i have a Friesian X named Ti! pronounced the same, anyway [Roll Eyes] except she's extremely fat and mixed with QH [big Grin] i guess Ti/Ty is a Friesian-ish name [Yay] and that clay looks very cushy, unlike our hard rock-like clumps of *sharp* dirt. ouchiee [Me Cry]

We are just starting out, he's 6 and I've owned him for 4 months.

Gimli and I at our first show..hhmmm what's a diagonal again? lol!

-

ignore my face here....I must have been really concentrating! -

-

mist of avalon--- your horse looks alot like mine!!!(except mine has a blaket!) got to love those red/strawberry roans.

Here is my guy. He's just five and we just started into dressage this spring.

-

-

My mare, Layla. 16.2 TB mare.

-

-

-

-

And one of the guys I was riding while working at my barn, Paradise 7 y/o 18.2 German Imported Westphalian (my 2nd ride on him.. very diff than my mare!).

-

Holy cow KrazyTBMare! 18.2 is enormous! You must be really tall, you look really good on him. (Your mare is very pretty too) I would look like a flea on a horse that big!lol!

quote:

Originally posted by Mist of Avalon:

Holy cow KrazyTBMare! 18.2 is enormous! You must be really tall, you look really good on him. (Your mare is very pretty too) I would look like a flea on a horse that big!lol!

Yea, that is HUGE [Eek!] Wow you look really good on him....he's bigger than this boarder Perchon at the barn whose like 18.0 and ENORMOUS.

Mist of Avalon, yeah he goes almost chestnut in the winter(but then I dont clip him, so his hair gets to be about 3 inches long!) AQs you can see, he gets very light in the summer.

NIce looking horses everyone

-

This is my horse when i first got him when he was 2 (big boy lol) I have no uploaded show pics though, i should add them soon.. He does grand prix

[ 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: DressageRyder ]

Alright, I'm joining in even though I started this thread, heehee. This is Rocky, who is owned by a lesson program sponsered by Cornell. He's around 15.3, and I've ridden him a lot; he has a lot of dressage potential and I'd like to buy him and use him for lower-level dress/eventing.

[Roll Eyes] **that may be only wishful dreaming but I'd like to hope not***

This is my favorite picture of him and my mom/grandma--

-

Him and me--

-

Lets see more horses now [smiley Wavey]

This is my 4 yo Paint gelding, Tonka. He is 15.2 hh and we are doing very basic dressage. The most advanced training that we have done is shoulder in [Wink] he's my baby!!

Tonka and me about four months ago...

-

Tonka about three months ago, waaaay past vertical [Duh]

-

One of my favorite pics of him [big Grin]

-

quote:

Originally posted by Mist of Avalon:

Thanks. Yeh, Red is a big boy. We also have another 18.2 WB out there. Hes a Trak by Halo out of a Martini mare. My trainer got him when he was 5 and 16.2 and he shot up to 18.2 by the time he was 7!

Red is tall but VERY proportionate. He doesnt move like a huge horse. He is the most comfortable horse Ive even ridden and hes SO balanced for being so green. Im 5'7 and have a good length leg, however, I am also not lacking in the top and bottom parts of my female body [Wink] so I fit him well. He also has the barrel to take up my leg, unlike my mare.

Thanks!

Well, since I hope to someday (when I actually have the time to really WORK her) do dressage with my mare I'll post a few pictures.

-

-

-

I guess you could call us prospects. [smiley Wavey]

This is Prince he is a 16.2HH 13 year old TB gelding. He is showing successfully at 1st hoping to move up to 2nd soon.

-a little bit of a stretchy trot.. shows he can actually step under and move big though

-

-

This is Rylee he is a 17HH 17 yr old TB. We are showing Intro. lol

-

-