Sign in to follow this  
fiona@wolverinepublishing

you be the judge!

OK - I stole this from another dressage board (gasp) but it is so brilliant that I think it worth sharing

www.dressageworld.de

click on 'you be the judge'

it will take you to two places - piaffe or canter pirouette and shows 30 video clips from the '30's through to today of various horses and riders performing these exercises with comments critiquing the performance.

quite, quite, remarkable

enjoy!

[smiley Wavey]

Just a question, I don't ride Dressage (Western for me) however I have always loved watching it, but after watching several of these videos I noticed most of the horses are switching their tails quite a lot, do all or most or few Dressage horses do this while performing?? Please excuse my ignorance...Just curious! Thanks!

[smiley Wavey]

Thanks leoned! I'll have to check it out on the computer at home, the work computer won't let me see the clips [Razz]

RideFast, we had a very informative and interesting discussion awhile back on tail swishing, here's the link to the topic [smiley Wavey]Tail Movement

Oh, can't wait to view them Leonid. But, I'll have to wait til tomorrow when I'm working because I'm too busy right now. [big Grin]

Nearly any horse is capable of some level of dressage. Dressage means "In training". It is an excellent way to become in sync with your horse whether you do it in competition down the road or not. The key is to get a good, experienced dressage trainer. Good Luck. My guy is an Arabian Tennessee Walker cross and after less than a year is is quite beautiful doing dressage.