Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

I'm taking Gatsby to vet tomarrow(Talked To VET again!!!)

Hey guys! even with the bute i gave him he still seems to be really sore! I know bute wasnt going to fix ANYTHING but i'd thought it cover up the pain a bit but it didnt. Anyways.. tomarrow i'm skipping school so i can go to the vets with Gatsby BUT my mom cant go!! [Me Cry][Me Cry] her stupid boss woulnt let her get off so her brother(my uncle) will take me. My uncle(god bless him) is absolutly scared to death of horses and has never even been to the barn is going to tske our truck and trailer and we're going to take gatsby to the vet. i cant thank him enough, BUT i'm really scared because my mom isnt going [Me Cry] . She just old me i'd be fine and gatsby would be fine, and she said she knew i would know what to do and i was old enough to make the decisions on my own. i felt really good after she said that but still i want her there.

So our appointment is at 1pm tomarrow and i'll probly leave the house at 11am. AHHH, i cannt stop thinking about it, i'm exspecting the worse, but thats just how i am [Duh]

pray for gatsby [Angel]

[ 09-16-2005, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

Bis: you can do this. You can do it for Gatsby, and to prove to yourself and your family that you are capable and mature and strong. They have already voted for you, since your uncle is making a big step to drive the rig, and your mom is letting you skip school. Just make sure you pay attention to what the vet tells you, follow the instructions, and make up the school work. Don't blow this chance to be the responsible one. Keep us informed. We're waiting to read.

quote:

We're waiting to read.

i've been waiting to find out too, lol!!

i'm so nervous but i'll be ok, i just hope the vets dont think "why is this kid here" although i am 17 i dont feel like it and lets just say my mom has babied me [Embarrassed]

Well most of the time your comments and outlook are more mature than some 30 year olds. Certainly more mature than your "trainer." I believe the vets will recognize the same thing in you.

We all have our moments when our horsey friends are hurting. The vets know that also.

Anyways, you won't be alone, in fact I hope we all fit in there with you, because we will all be there in spirit. You will have to be the eyes, ears and mouth for us, but we'll be there and of course, the wonderful Uncle. I am sure he will lend adult support when you need it. You will just have to handle Gatsby and there will help for that (if you needed it) at both ends of your trip.

You are going to do just fine. I doubt that any really big decisions will have to be made tomorrow.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you to post when you get back so we can all get back to work.

quote:

Well most of the time your comments and outlook are more mature than some 30 year olds. Certainly more mature than your "trainer." I believe the vets will recognize the same thing in you.

thanks Remmie, that really means a lot to me [Huggy]

I agree with Remmie. Your maturity def shows up on this board. Everything will go ok. God bles your uncle for being there for you.

Praying for Gats. Keep us updated!

Complete ditto to Remmie (as usual [Wink] ) Bisquick, you don't come off sounding like you're 17 or younger on here, you sound very mature for you age, and even for some people who are older than you! [Huggy][Huggy] and [Angel][Angel] that it all works out fine for you. Bless your uncle for doing this for you! And like Remmie said again, keep us updated [Huggy]

thanks guys! [Huggy]

i dont know when i'll be able to get to the computer tomarrow [Frown] I had to work at the barn tomarrow but it all depends what happends with gatsby, but i'm sure i'll be able to get on at some point in the night. Unless gatsby has to stay overnight at the hospital, then that means i'll be sleeping in there with him cuz he needs his mommy, so i woulnt have access to a computer. [Razz]

Just let us know what happenes, I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what happens. I'm 17 too, and I know I would be just as worried as you. Because my horse is my baby too. I'll be praying for you and your equine! [Angel] Just remember that God has a soft spot for horses! God Bless You! And you aren't alone! [Huggy]

You'll be fine!

You will know exactly what to say, don't worry. Before you go, write down all the questions you have so you don't forget to ask ANYTHING. I always forget to ask something and wish I had written my questions down beforehand.

Most likely, the vet techs and office help will be super helpful and friendly and understand that you're on your own. They will be able to direct you, and the techs will be able to assist with Gatsby if he acts up or if you just need an extra set of hands.

I am confident that you will be fine and come home with some answers!

You and Gatsby are in my prayers. Give a big hug to your uncle too... [Huggy]

You can do this. [Cool] You are a young woman on a mission to help your beloved horse, and you have it in you to be strong and clear for him. [Cool]

Now go and take care of business. [Cool]

BQD, one thing I have found to be helpful is to take a note pad and pen and take notes. Write down everything the Vet says, so you can remember later. Chances are, you won't be able to read his writing [Wink] so best to take your own notes. Keep us all posted. You will be fine and you are perfectly capable of handling Gatsby. [Huggy][Angel]

Good luck tomorrow, BQD. You will do just fine with Gatsby. You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. I hope the vet finds some easily solvable issue for Gatsby's pain tomorrow. Fingers crossed for both of you.

~Shelly~

Good luck! Just remember that whatever the vet says you are capable and resposible enough to deal with it. My thoughts are with you and Gatsby! [Huggy]

I don't think the vets will think you are a child.

I remember that I was 15 when the vet taught me to give antibotic shots to my horse. (this was more years ago than I care to mention.) Anyway, I think they are used to teenagers with horses and most are very capable, as I think you are, too. Just get him there and the vets will do their thing.

awww, poor Gatsby. I hope everything goes ok for you and him. I can't wait to hear what happens wiht the vet as I've been following the story of Gatsby.

You'll be just great, I know it! Just remember, you're not alone, we all get freaked out when something is wrong with our babies. You'll be amazed at what you can do when a horse you love needs you.

Snuggle

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed. And the good thing about going ahead and going is that you will be on the path to knowing what is going on, and that it very well may be something simple--and we all hope it is. Stay strong!