Sign in to follow this  
BisQuickDoc

I'm taking Gatsby to vet tomarrow(Talked To VET again!!!)

Will say a prayer for both of you kid [Angel]

Had a question, it seems like your trainer is AWFULLY upset about this vet trip...Was she handling or using your horse while you aren't around?

Just a thought, seems kind of funny. Is there any way something could have happened that maybe you aren't being told about?

No reason for her to be yelling at you like that.You sound like a very responsible mature person and deserve to be treated like one!

I'm with the rest of the board...where's my machine gun?

I know Idle Creek. I was considering boarding there, but then my barn opened up.

Lots of nice kids there, horses are in good condition. I know quite a few of their riders from 4h, all of the horses had shiny coats and plenty of meat on their bones (even the horse recovering from EPM who was just getting back to work), the kids obviously have a good trainer, and a good dressage foundation. They have nice facilities as well, indoor, outdoor, fields to ride in. Good footing...hope it works out for you!

quote:

Originally posted by OTTB Metzel:

Had a question, it seems like your trainer is AWFULLY upset about this vet trip...Was she handling or using your horse while you aren't around?

Just a thought, seems kind of funny. Is there any way something could have happened that maybe you aren't being told about?

You know, this had crossed my mind too..I've had enough crappy experiences with rotten no-good trainers that this didn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Didn't want to bring it up, the situation is upsetting enough, but I'm glad you did. [Not Worthy]

quote:

Originally posted by deequeue:

quote:

Originally posted by Horsecrazyme:

All us board buddies on HC need to pay a visit to this "trainer" of yours
[Mad][Mad][Mad]

You're in PA? I got relatives in PA, kid. Italian relatives. We don't get mad, we get even. If you want me to call my cousin Freddy da Leg Breaker, you just tell me, kay?
[Wink]
[ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL]

I love it! [Yay]

BQD, I would go back to your current barn and pack up all your stuff and I would not take Gatsby back there. I hope Idle Creek works out, or somewhere else. Don't worry about working off the board. If you owe her the rest of this month, just pay it and be done with her. Otherwise, Remmie and Deequeue's Italian family are on there way to deal with her! [shocked] I would love to be there when that happens! [big Grin]

[ 09-14-2005, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Boocoo ]

quote:

[Eek!]

NO theres absolutley NO WAY, i probly am sounded like a B**** BUT NOBODY RIDES GATSBY BUT ME. I put my tack away and put my cover on a certian way that of someone used my tack i would know.

unless they used their own tack [Eek!] but i am at the barn everyday, and i dont know anyone there that would ride him [Question]

now you really got me worried... [Frown]

hmmm. i dont know if idel creek is going to work, i talk to the lady and she said that work off is not an option now but maybe in the future [Frown]

my mom not to keen on moving right now cuz of everything going on with gatsby. She wants to get to the bottom of that before we move. i didnt end up going to work tonight because..... my mom had to take my great grandma to the hospital [Me Cry] she was having chest pains and my grandma was freaking out so they wanted to take her. They've been at the hospital for about a hour and a half and they havent really dont anything yet, its gonna be a long long night [Frown] ........

okay Remmie, this is for you!!

My Trainer -> [Crazy]

Meets Remmie -> -

Then this happens -> -

And you final result is ->

-

and -

is that correct Rem?

[ 09-14-2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

BQD--Geez loueez, how much more can a person handle??? [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

I was hesitant to bring up that possibility, that your trainer was doing something with/to/at Gatsby that either aggravated or created this problem he's having. Stranger things have happened, and even though you're there every day and all, you just never know. Don't rule it out completely just yet...keep it in the back of your mind, you don't have to do anything about it right now, Lord knows you've got an awful lot going on and you can address that later once you know what the Gats-man is facing.

[Duh] in the wise words of Vinnie Gambino, out of "My Cousin Vinny" (Joe Pesci & Marisa Tomei)--"IS THERE ANY MORE @!#$#@!@#%$ WE CAN ADD TO THE PILE?"

oh i know, my poor great grandma, shes 94 years old, but "strong as an ox" as she says [Duh]

hey she from Italy and still has her accent, she could get me the hook up [Wink] She'll be ok! shes lived through a lot and is a very strong person [Angel]

It's hard when you have to find a place to work off board, but not impossible. I had to do the same thing when I was in college, and what you may have to do is find something that isn't dressage--but the cool thing is that you have a trailer!!!

Call around. The place I kept my event horse was actually a QH show barn, so she really didn't fit in; however, they let me set up a dressage arena in a field and I hauled to lessons. The main thing I am thinking of here is that your very unprofessional trainer really overstepped her bounds and to be honest if she is willing to do that, I would worry about what she wouldn't do. You treat clients with respect. If you have a friendship bond with them, you treat them with sympathy in a situation like this; however, this person has done neither for no apparent reason other than she lost control of a situation that was none of her business.

i THOUGHT she was our friend, but i dont know about that anymore. Me and my mom have talked about it, we were wondering why she was so mad with the whole vet thing? Whats it to her? I really have no idea, i work my A$$ of for her i though she'd be supportive. Or maybe shes just mad because she was wrong, i dunno. i'm still looking for barns though [Wink]

She's mad because she has lost CONTROL. You and your mom have set up a relationship there where you have kind of put her in a position where she is the "expert" and you have followed her guidance a "lot."

In the horsey world, people are downright funny and touchy about "loyalties." In many cases as in this case, total trust and respect is not warranted. You ALWAYS have to look out for the best interests of you and your horse YOURSELF!! Not many will do it for you. MANY will take advantage of you.

When you change farriers, you will run into the same thing. When you change Barns, you will run into the same thing. People take it PERSONALLY. Things have to be kept in the realm of business. The person you are paying is not your best friend. You have to keep your eyes open for yourelf. Listen to what they have to say, weigh and evaluate the information against your own education and your own gut feeling and then use your very own judgement.

Yeah, Bisquick, you got those graphics just about right. Good job!!

Forgive me here, but we all know it, horse people can be quite weird and they can rip you off! I have had many trainers and can tell you horror stories! [Mad]

You have to look out for yourself and your horse...if you aren't doing anything wrong or unethical, then if you tick someone off you will just have to move on. This woman is NOT your friend...like we are. [Huggy]

Continue to search for a barn..I have been to many and there are nice places that exist. You will be much happier in the long run. If you can't work it off, maybe you could get a job elsewhere to pay for it. Every $$ I earn goes to my "hay burners"! [Yay]

Myabe this incident was a blessing in disguise as now Gats is out of there and you could make a clean break! [Not Worthy]

Notice my use of smiley faces throughout!! [smiley Wavey]

i use the same vet clinic for my horses. they are a bit pricey but they sre worth every penny. thay show up in the middle of the night for emergency calls, no problem. there is never a problem getting hold of them, someone answers the phone 24 - 7. they are over an hour away from my barn but they come when i need them. they have taken care of my thoroughbred when he choked and then a month later when he fractured his skull. leave gatsby there and keep us posted. my prayers are with you.

While it is great if you can be friends with your coach, it is also good when you run into a situation like this that you are paying them, or in your case, you are working for her, so she is your boss. As such, she has a professional responsibility to treat you with respect because she has put herself forth as a professional trainer . Now, it seems more like she is just a backyard trainer who does not have control of her temper and is a yahoo because she does not want what is wrong with Gastby to be fully explored and some of her training techniques are well, interesting. This being said, the bottom line is that you are not primarily friends and that is not the basis of your relationship and it would do you good to keep that in mind. As your boss, she is getting something from you. If you pay her for lessons, or if your mom does, she is your employee and has ZERO right to act the way she did. Loss of professional attitude is as bad as incompetence and now she is batting 1000%.

As far as using Gatsby for lessons, she does know your schedule and can work around it. If you do go back to that barn I would keep eyes and ears open. When Gatsby gets the ok to go back to work I would wait a couple of weeks and then start popping in at random times. Try to write down your routine so you can tell where there is enough time for a lesson or two to be slipped in without your knowledge. I may seem a little untrusting of others but have caught some wrong doings in this manner.

Good Luck today. Praying for only good news and a rapid recovery for both your Great Grandma and Gatsby. [Huggy]

Hey BQD, how are both Grandma and Gatsby? Any news from hospital, vet?

I can't imagine that the trainer is using/riding Gatsby at all. He is recently off the track. He is not lesson horse material. It would be a huge liability for her.

and Bisquick is out there so often, and working there. There's no way it would remain a secret.

[ 09-15-2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Remmie ]

Didn't want to upset anyone SORRY....

It just was so strange kind of like she was afraid of what they might find...anyway,I just had to say something as I have had it happen to me and nobody at the barn said anything about it until after I moved my horse. (The person doing it knew my schedule and was using their own tack)

My horse had rub marks from an ill fitting bit. I was training in a Hackamore!

Good Luck to you. I hope you find a new place and he is fine. You're in my prayers [Angel]

my great grandma had to stay at the hospital over night [Frown] her blood pressure was really high then it would come down but then go right back up [Frown] MY grandma and grandpa is there with her now.

[Angel]

As far as Gatsby my mom called the vet office this morning around 8:30 and the vet were busy so she talked to a secretary(sp) that said gatsby was on the list for the full boody scan and we could cjeck back around 4 and even come see him! [smile] YESTERDAY i was sapposed to go see hiim right before work but thats when the whole thing happend with my poor great graandma and she was our main concern [Angel] So i'll give you guys an update on gatsby and my great grandma hopefully when i get hope from school. Of course now i'll at school and its my stuy hall period so i fought a guy over one of the computer so i was able to get on, lol. As as you can see i loge in earlier during english class, i was umm *cough, cough* writing my paper [Duh]

[ 09-15-2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

OTTB Met...: I wasn't offended by your post. I have seen that happen in barns. It is not a rare event that someone's horse and/or tack gets used. It's a hazzard of a busy barn when the owner is a nice person (doormat).

It only happens to really nice people because the justificaton is "Oh, she won't mind. We are really short on horses and she's not riding right now anyways. She'll understand."

Someone did that to me years ago and trust me, noone ever did it again. I don't care who you are, don't touch my horse if not specifically authorized by ME (dressage queen). [Crazy]

[ 09-15-2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Remmie ]

It's just such a shame when you can't trust the people that are supposed to look after your best friends!

Hope this all has a happy ending.

Am praying for your grandma and your boy kiddo! [Angel]

i wasnt offended either! i just worry about it [Duh] ugg i worry about everything cant ya tell??

i agree with Rem, i doubt anyone would ride gatsby,, cuz he is an OTTB and has just started his "it okay to be a real horse" traning. Who would be able to ride him?? I'm definitly not saying i'm the amlmighty rider cuz i really suck at riding but its just i could see anyone else there riding him. they have those nice, smack me with a crop and i'll jump anything, or the stab me in the side with a spur and i'll leg yeild all thw ay across the area, horses. they dont do much "TRAINING" only riding [Wink]